RC Qualifier

Best Video Editing Software?

So I make RC videos/movies/tutorials on YouTube and I just hit 50 Subscribers! My mom says that she sees me interested in making movies so I grabbed my camera and filmed away! I have over 2,000 video views on my RC Videos and 16,500 with other older videos.

Anyways, so now I've been filming and editing these videos for some time and I want a video editing software that's better. I have both a Mac and PC so I am open to anything. I used iMovie on my Mac but I didn't really like it but now I got Final Cut Pro X (trail version) and I love it. Now the problem is that my Mac is slow. Really slow. Too slow to edit videos. The PC I have is fully custom built with custom graphic cards, custom Mobo, everything is custom built (I made it myself).

I just want a software that works well for editing videos on my PC. Any suggestions? I tried the trail for Adobe Premiere, Sony Vegas and CyberLink PowerDirector. I'd like peoples inputs for what they use to edit!

Thanks,
    vladsly
    Last edited by Dadx2mj; 08-22-2013 at 10:02 PM.

RC Qualifier
    I make "High end" edits, (Car shows, motorcycle meets, andsome video game clips for other people) so I use Sony vegas pro 12, and adobe premeire pro among others. For what you are talking about doing it sounds like you just want to stitch together clips and do some slight color correction which is not very processor intensive for rendering. There are preset packs for color correction which are a very quick editing trick you can use to make your videos "pop". Background music helps give the video more of a professional feel instead of having the normal ambient sounds around the camera be dominant in the background. Lighting is also key to having a good looking video; the more diffused light on your subject there is, the easier it is to make it look good. Editing is mainly about hiding the mistakes of your clips and polishing the highlights. You can do it with imovie or windows video editor, but I prefer to edit with the softwares that I learned on from the beginning because I already know the ins and outs.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own!

RC Champion
    I use (used) Final Cut Pro (Mac) and Premiere (PC).

I also have a slow (old) Mac and a much faster PC.

I like Final Cut more but rendering is too slow on my old mac so i try to get improve my premiere skills.

RC Champion
    I use adobe premiere pro cs6. An inexpensive and very nice suite is Edius Neo by Grass Valley.

Edius on my triple screen system,

Premiere pro cs5 layout,
    ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Money pit View Post
    I make "High end" edits, (Car shows, motorcycle meets, andsome video game clips for other people) so I use Sony vegas pro 12, and adobe premeire pro among others. For what you are talking about doing it sounds like you just want to stitch together clips and do some slight color correction which is not very processor intensive for rendering. There are preset packs for color correction which are a very quick editing trick you can use to make your videos "pop". Background music helps give the video more of a professional feel instead of having the normal ambient sounds around the camera be dominant in the background. Lighting is also key to having a good looking video; the more diffused light on your subject there is, the easier it is to make it look good. Editing is mainly about hiding the mistakes of your clips and polishing the highlights. You can do it with imovie or windows video editor, but I prefer to edit with the softwares that I learned on from the beginning because I already know the ins and outs.
    That is not what editing is, editing is the process of cutting your source footage and additional elements into a final product, not hiding or fixing flaws. If a shot is messed up, you can try to fix it in post, or reshoot it.
    ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,

RC Qualifier
    I use Power Director 8. I have all the Adobe software but I very rarely use it. Occasionally I use SoundBooth and AfterEffects but I use PD8 for a good 98% of the stuff I do. I use Photoshop a good bit for titles and stuff like that because I'm not a big fan of the title creator in PD8. Actually anything past the basics aren't very good in PD8 but I don't go too crazy with effects and stuff like that and I like that it will post to YouTube automatically. It runs beautifully on my custom PC. I do have anything that crazy. AMD 4 core 3.2ghz, 8gb ram, integrated graphics.

RC Qualifier
    I use both Adobe After Effects and Sony Vegas Pro. After Effects is really good if you're doing high level VFX's like green screening or motion tracking. Sony Vegas pro is ALOT easier to use than After Effects though. If you aren't going to be doing high VFX videos, just get something like Sony Vegas Movie Studio, it has all the same easy controls and keyboard shortcuts as Vegas Pro, but it just doesn't have as many features.
    Your nitro is fat...It ate my Brushless Dust!!!!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Zepher View Post
    That is not what editing is, editing is the process of cutting your source footage and additional elements into a final product, not hiding or fixing flaws. If a shot is messed up, you can try to fix it in post, or reshoot it.
    Sorry, I was really tired when I wrote that and what I typed sounded perfect at the time. Now that I am looking back at it I think I'm an idiot. I agree with what you said completely.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own!

RC Qualifier
    Yeah, I think I'll give Sony Vegas a go. I tried Premier Pro but it seems to be lacking certain effects and functions that I like having in my videos. We're using PowerDirector in school but it's really slow so I wanted to stay away from PD.

I have the same problem as SoundMaster because I like Final Cut Pro but my Mac is slow but I don't really like the PC editing softwares haha. If they'd make Final Cut Pro for PC, I don't think I'd ever leave my room.

Thanks for the input everyone!

http://s857.photobucket.com/user/noi...90545.mp4.html

it old but I think I used AVS editor
    Last edited by noir 522; 08-29-2013 at 03:42 PM.
    MAN, Use Common Sense
    Funky Gecko, SumVee HDE

RC Qualifier
    So I wanted to do a quick update, I tried Sony Vegas, Premiere Elements and Final Cut Pro X and I still like Final Cut Pro the most. My mac may not be the fastest, but as long as I don't have anything else running in the background, it works just fine. I only edit videos every 3 or 4 days so it's not like I'm looking for anything professional so I'm going to stick with FCPX. Thanks for all the inputs guys!
    Brushless Rips, Nitro Drips!!! BL Power FTW!