RC Qualifier

Lightbulb Trick: Voltage Calibration on The Traxxas EZ-Peak Plus 6 amps #2933

Hello:
    I am going to show you how to calibrate the voltage on the Traxxas EZ-Peak Plus 6 amps charger: #2933

Here are the steps:

1.) Power off the charger.
    2.) Press and hold the "-" and "enter/start" buttons.
    3.) Power on the charger. (you will hear 3 beeps in a row). Keep the buttons pressed.
    4.) You will enter into the calibration screen where the voltage detected by the charger is displayed on the screen (voltage on output leads).
    5.) Attach any battery to the output leads of the charger.
    6.) Using a digital multimeter, correct the reading of the voltage by pressing "-" or "+" buttons till the reading matches with that of the multimeter.
    7.) Press "Stop" when you are done.
    8.) Your charger is calibrated now.

**Remember to use an accurate voltmeter.

Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by DBG; 08-22-2013 at 04:24 PM. Reason: ?
    Sl4sh MM2
    T-Maxx 3.3
    Summit 1/10
    Sl2sh VXL

RC Champion
    Why would you need to change an already calibrated machine. For the price of the voltmeter you could buy a top of the range charger.
    If the figures don't match up using a fluke meter, send it back.
    Guide books aren't part of the packaging.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    They should (and usually do) come from factory calibrated... but as with all equipment calibration can drift over time. The method described will correct that issue.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by trax de max View Post
    Why would you need to change an already calibrated machine. For the price of the voltmeter you could buy a top of the range charger.
    If the figures don't match up using a fluke meter, send it back.
    Well, if you don't like it, don't do it.
    I just post this for the people who already have those $$$ voltmeters and wants to know how to calibrate the charger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Neutron View Post
    They should (and usually do) come from factory calibrated... but as with all equipment calibration can drift over time. The method described will correct that issue.
    Yep...Is very normal to see some drift after some years (from experience )
    Sl4sh MM2
    T-Maxx 3.3
    Summit 1/10
    Sl2sh VXL

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    I personally don't have any high dollar volt meters... the most expensive one I have was $15. lol
    But, I can borrow a Fluke from a friend anytime!
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Champion
    At what point would you check the drifting results. How would you know the test equipment hasn't also drifted, then changing the settings on the charger, is more accurate or making it worse.

RC Qualifier
    At what point would you check the drifting results. How would you know the test equipment hasn't also drifted, then changing the settings on the charger, is more accurate or making it worse.
    LOL...Do you think I live in a island with no calibration centers?
    Before calibrate something, I need calibrate the multimeter, the power supply, etc...Here are some places I like to go:
    http://www.camericacr.com/
    http://met-cal.net/servicios.html
    They also offer go to my house...
    Sl4sh MM2
    T-Maxx 3.3
    Summit 1/10
    Sl2sh VXL

RC Champion
    I'm sorry, all i'm imagining is some younger member, playing with the settings after checking the batteries with the cheap battery monitor that's reading the wrong voltage and possibly causing the new settings to burn down there house. But hey, we all like to experiment.
    And these companies obviously offer there free, Or would the price be higher than buying a new charger.

RC Champion
    How did you figure out how to go into the calibration menu. Or was it just copying of what the youtube vids have.

RC Qualifier
    I'm sorry, all i'm imagining is some younger member, playing with the settings after checking the batteries with the cheap battery monitor that's reading the wrong voltage and possibly causing the new settings to burn down there house. But hey, we all like to experiment.
    And these companies obviously offer there free, Or would the price be higher than buying a new charger.
    Don't worry...I am saying this because we like to experiment and we know what we are talking about (I am the nerd in my school)...Right now, I have projects like a portable charging station for cellphones using Different types of batteries (Done) and making a Brushed High amp, High voltage ESC (Building process) . Maybe I am going to post the projects here...
    Anyways, I don't recommend so this if you aren't sure what are you going to do or if you aren't sure if your multimeter is accurate.
    Sl4sh MM2
    T-Maxx 3.3
    Summit 1/10
    Sl2sh VXL