Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Rags to Riches

RC Qualifier
    Halloween night and trick-or-treating. Thursday night football. Wrenching on the truck.....busy night tonight. I gotta finish building and installing the HR transmission and little dude has some goodies to install. I got a bag of candy says he will choose to wrench rather than walk around the nieghborhood getting candy.....for Dad.
    This space reserved

RC Qualifier
    Life needs to be put on hold for a minute. I can't get a spare second anywhere in the next few days to finish the HR transmission til wednesday. SO sad seeing the truck sitting on the work bench all torn apart. Maybe I should hire the boy to finish it...he has gotten pretty good working on these trucks. No racing tonight but I am going to go just to watch and learn. A little R&D if you will. The Slash will be here Tuesday so that build is getting ready to start. I wanna pay particular attention to how other guys have them set up. It's gonna be built pretty fast....I'm on vacation starting Wednesday My plan is not to enjoy some far off destination, rather holed up in the workshop with my trucks for a week. I am a sick sick man.
    Last edited by Thefixxer73; 11-03-2013 at 03:12 PM.
    This space reserved

RC Qualifier
    Oh happy day!! The Slash arrives today and vacation starts at 7pm tonight when I clock out for the day. I'll start a build thread on the slash forums tomorrow morning. It will be a fun project for sure. I bought it off eBay for $110 with everything but a motor, which I bought a velineon separate for it. Looks lit it might need a little TLC but I should have it race ready by the end of vacation. I have decided Rags to Riches will be a dedicated basher so the HR transmission goes in the slash.
    This space reserved

RC Qualifier
    Vacation Time to get myself situated in the workshop. My wife thinks I am nutz spending my vacation working on the trucks. I don't know......my sickness for the hobby tells me I am completely normal.
    This space reserved

RC Qualifier
    Well ya probably read in my kid's thread...bash n race day today. My brother got the same HW BL system I have in the pede. Now with 01 having the Velineon I got something to worry about. I know they are going to gang up on me. The only advantage I have is handling experience.

Bought my 9yo daughter a Maisto R/C Off-Road Coyote from Walmart to get her started in the hobby. For $100 it's a well made little toy class. It's got some scoot for being a toy. Should be a blast today running 4 trucks.
    This space reserved

RC Qualifier
    Today's bash n race session ended 10 minutes into my first battery pack by something so stupid. I didn't take the parts bin with me and couldn't make repairs so I was done. Enjoyed watching the kids and my brother though.

Anyone know if the same part in the 2055 servo will fit in the 2070? I have spare 2055 I can take apart for the gear. I have the 2075 servo too but that's in the slash build.

Last edited by Thefixxer73; 11-09-2013 at 11:12 PM.
    This space reserved

I haven't tried using a 2055 gear set in a 2075, but Traxxas has two different part numbers for the gear sets: 2053 & 2072.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Racer
    without me counting the teeth per gear the only difference I see is one has bushings and bushing race while the other has bearings. I have used the gears from the stock xl5 servo inside the 2075 but I cant say the 2055 will or will not fit the 2070
    Started XL-5 now VXL-XL! and spare parts XL-5

RC Qualifier
    ok. Looks like I just need the output part that goes into the servo saver. Hopefully they are compatible.
    This space reserved

RC Qualifier
    Which "servo saver" did you have on when you did that?

RC Qualifier
    Hot racing aluminum hd.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk
    This space reserved

RC Qualifier
    *note to self* Hot Racing Aluminum HD servo saver does not save servo.. Lol.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Baltim0re28 View Post
    *note to self* Hot Racing Aluminum HD servo saver does not save servo.. Lol.
    Lol. Yep, seems to be the case. Maybe it would be better matched with a metal gear servo.
    This space reserved

Quote Originally Posted by Thefixxer73 View Post
    Lol. Yep, seems to be the case. Maybe it would be better matched with a metal gear servo.
    I think it would have broken either way
    But yeah I'd get an metal geared servo soon, IMO it is a great upgrade
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by kdvanb View Post
    I'd get an metal geared servo soon, IMO it is a great upgrade
    Done and did. Was too impatient to order one and wait (already salivating at the door waiting for the mail to deliver my slash parts today) so to pass some time I drove the 50 mile round trip to the bigger lhs and got the Futaba S3305. Marked down to $34 and I had $5 off customer rewards coupon. While I wait for the mail to start the Slash build I will take the front end off the p2de and swap the servos and maybe get a run in. Bad part about the Protrac kit is I can't do anything to the front end without taking off the shock tower.
    This space reserved

RC Qualifier
    Well the slash is done so back to this truck...wonder what I could do on it next. I did the "proline weak point fix" today loosley based on Loot's guide with an HR graphite chassis brace for I think an axial something or other, replaced the servo. Not sure what else, considering what is already on the truck, that I can tweak or upgrade. Guess I'll go window shopping.
    This space reserved

RC Qualifier

Blowing the dust off today

Been a long winter, hasn't it? I haven't been out to play since November. Time to blow the dust off the trucks and tear it up. A few blocks from my house a new duplex is getting built and provides ideal bashing grounds. My p2de and slash (converted from racing set up to MT til racing season starts here) are dusted off and tuned up, the boys p2de is on the work bench getting a once over, and my daughter's Coyote is all charged up.

Got a go-pro for xmas so can't wait to take some vids of today's play time and get them posted. Let the RC season begin!!
    This space reserved

RC Champion
    Spring is definitely here, RC season starting up too on this nick of the woods. Planning to go to the various events......
    Welcome back from hibernation.
    Live life to the fullest

RC Qualifier
    Them tires are sick!

Sent from my neXus⁴ using tapatalk 2
    <P4de VXL|Castle 3800kv|MM2|MIP|STRC|Proline|SPC>

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 1SlowTRX View Post
    Them tires are sick!

If you are referring to the tires that are on it in the first pics in this thread those are long ago shredded. They looked cool and had silly wicked grip but couldn't handle the power from my HW EZRun 3656. Those tires come stock on a RedCats crawler truck and were waaaay too soft. I ripped the snot out them in a hurry. No matter how much I taped them or glued them I had constant problems with them staying mounted on the 2.2 RPM revolvers. Had considered stretching on a 2.8 Rim but by that time they were shot and I couldn't find them anywhere again.

Im running trencher MT on desperadoes now.

Bashing videos are currently rendering. Will have them up soon. Got an awesome short of my p2de running wide open with the nose straight up then up a dirt pile jump with a good 15ft of air under it.....with a nice solid 4 tire landing.
    Last edited by Thefixxer73; 04-06-2014 at 07:22 PM.
    This space reserved

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Thefixxer73 View Post
    If you are referring to the tires that are on it in the first pics in this thread those are long ago shredded. They looked cool and had silly wicked grip but couldn't handle the power from my HW EZRun 3656. Those tires come stock on a RedCats crawler truck and were waaaay too soft. I ripped the snot out them in a hurry. No matter how much I taped them or glued them I had constant problems with them staying mounted on the 2.2 RPM revolvers. Had considered stretching on a 2.8 Rim but by that time they were shot and I couldn't find them anywhere again.

Im running trencher MT on desperadoes now.

Bashing videos are currently rendering. Will have them up soon. Got an awesome short of my p2de running wide open with the nose straight up then up a dirt pile jump with a good 15ft of air under it.....with a nice solid 4 tire landing.
    Yes I was referring to the first pics.

You just have to share that particular video with us ASAP! Lol

<P4de VXL|Castle 3800kv|MM2|MIP|STRC|Proline|SPC>