RC Enthusiast

Change Crystals?

Hey everyone, I'm planning to buy a Slash that has a 2 channel TX @ 27.045 MHz.

I currently own a Stampede that has a 2 channel TX at the same frequency as well.

What do I need to do be able to use both RC's at the same time? Is changing the crystals the only way?

Thanks.

RC Qualifier
    thats the only way need to change Tx and Rx or get 2 new radios and recivers and go 2.4 ghz

Quote Originally Posted by sdpnoy View Post
    Hey everyone, I'm planning to buy a Slash that has a 2 channel TX @ 27.045 MHz.

I currently own a Stampede that has a 2 channel TX at the same frequency as well.

What do I need to do be able to use both RC's at the same time? Is changing the crystals the only way?

Thanks.
    Anza Slash & a pile of Parts

RC Enthusiast
    Is it pretty easy? Just a pop and swap?

RC Racer
    It takes like fifteen seconds. If your cars have green crystals just buy some red ones and pop them in your controller and receiver.

RC Enthusiast
    Thank you skye and warcara!

RC Qualifier
    You can find crystals for cheap online, but if you have some money for an upgrade, just get a cheaper 2.4ghz system for one or the other.
    Slash VXL
    Rustler Hobbywing
    Summit 1/16 VXL

Hey Bandit that's a good idea. The OP will only need one new radio to fix the problem.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Champion
    Crystals seem like such an old technology in RC. I remember at my track you had to take a clothes pin which corresponded to a certain frequency and attach it to your radio in order to run.
    Stampede 4x4
    Anza Slash VXL
    Rustler VXL

Quote Originally Posted by dgudenau View Post
    Crystals seem like such an old technology in RC. I remember at my track you had to take a clothes pin which corresponded to a certain frequency and attach it to your radio in order to run.
    Weren't those the days.
    Nothing like being first on the last lap when some one in the pits couldn't wait 90 seconds to test his truck and they would drive yours into a wall.
    The way we did it was use a clip board with all the channel numbers on it, if you went to the board and your number was gone, you knew some one else was on the channel.
    All hail 2.4 ghs
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC Qualifier
    http://www.dollarhobbyz.com/servlet/...-Raptor/Detail I bought a couple of these for some 5805 models I just picked up. No more conflicts with other drivers, and It gets rid of the antenna sticking out.
    "Better Old and Devious than Young and Exuberant"