RC poster

Unhappy Slash 2wd drives no straigt line

My slash 2wd has some (for me) invisble damage.

After a hard crash on our circuit, the car fails to drive straight ahead,it drives with a substantial deviation to the right. This of course can be solved by turning the trim knob all the way to the left, but does not solve the problem itself.. In addition, when driving the car on asphalt (with trim all the way to the left) it will drive straight, but when driven on the straigt at our clay circuit it will pull to the right very heaviliy when going full throttle.

I think there is something wrong witth the servo , but is there anything else I should check ? (on first sight there is nothing that looks bend)

RC Qualifier
    turn on Tx set trim to 0 turn on car the steering will find it center remove the horn from the servo and reinstall with the wheels straight if that dont fix you could have a bad servo bent tie-rods or something else is broke

Quote Originally Posted by Murzeltje View Post
    My slash 2wd has some (for me) invisble damage.

After a hard crash on our circuit, the car fails to drive straight ahead,it drives with a substantial deviation to the right. This of course can be solved by turning the trim knob all the way to the left, but does not solve the problem itself.. In addition, when driving the car on asphalt (with trim all the way to the left) it will drive straight, but when driven on the straigt at our clay circuit it will pull to the right very heaviliy when going full throttle.

I think there is something wrong witth the servo , but is there anything else I should check ? (on first sight there is nothing that looks bend)
    Anza Slash & a pile of Parts

RC Qualifier
    agree with skye spot on assessment that would be where I would start
    Let's Go Steelers!!!... KCCO

RC Qualifier
    Make sure your bellcranks (the cylinders underneath the front skidplate) are screwed in and not popped out of socket. Next, make sure your camber (tire angle) isn't messed up.
    Slash VXL
    Rustler Hobbywing
    Summit 1/16 VXL

Quote Originally Posted by BanditTransit View Post
    Make sure your bellcranks (the cylinders underneath the front skidplate) are screwed in and not popped out of socket. Next, make sure your camber (tire angle) isn't messed up.
    Yup... Basically your Slash needs a front end alignment. Make sure nothing is bent, check the turnbuckles for adjustment and tweak them as needed.

After that, adjust your servo horn:
    - Turn off the truck
    - Remove the horn
    - Turn on the truck and zero the trim
    - With the wheels straight as possible, put the horn on the servo and push it in a little (so the splines are engaged a bit)
    - Turn off the Truck and mash the horn on all of the way
    - Turn on the truck and check that your steering is close to centered with zero trim (may not be perfect, but that is ok).
    - Turn off the truck, put in and tighten down the servo screw
    - Turn on the truck, fine tune center with the trim, then check your end-points.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by BanditTransit View Post
    These were out of socket, so put them back in, also did a front end alignment. Not tested on the track yet, but I will let you all know asap!

thanks!

RC poster
    Well, I tested the truck on the track, and it drives perfect! Everybody thanks for helping out.