Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RC poster

Just got the new Ofna Force JL .28 Engine for Revo 3.3

Hi everyone

I just got the New Force engine and With that i need a setup for the clutch.

This is what i figured i would test:

M2C Racing 3 Shoe 40mm flywheel: http://www.absolutehobbyz.com/produc...oducts_id=8866

and for clutch bell: http://www.absolutehobbyz.com/produc...oducts_id=5356

I will run this pipe on it:http://www.dynamiterc.com/Products/D...rodID=DYNP5005

Maybe i will get the 053 "torq"Pipe or something diffrent later on..

If you do know a better setup plz comment or PM me. Ill try to fix a vid for you guys when i got it broken in

Regards, Prulle

RC Racer
    Can't wait! Yea that clutch is the best! I had jammin jp3 on my picco max, it opened it up alot.
    The official Philly basher

RC poster
    I did check you out, Nice wheelies Let me add what fuel and plugs im going to use:

Fuel: Byron 2gen 25%Nitro 11% oil

Plugs: I will use a medium plug, but i have not decided brand yet...Most likely Maccoy #8 (easy to get at my LHS). Again, if ennyone has this engine and use the same fuel, plz share Your opinion on what plugs you run!

L8rz

RC Racer
    In my picco I used the OS#8, worked great.

RC Champion
    You don't want to use an OS#8. It is a short plug, to be used with the OS engines that require a short plug. You want to use a long (standard) plug.

The McCoy plug is a better choice. I would buy both a #8, and #59. To ease break in, I would probably start with the #59 plug. It will give you a better idle. After break in, I would try switching to the #8 and tune for performance.
    Believe 1/2 of what you see,and 0 of what you hear

RC poster
    Hi Oomp. Im glad for Your sharing of tought. Let me share some more information about how i will break in my engine and why i think i only will use one type of plug ( my plan is to break it fully in on one day.

I have the preheater for RC-engine that will bring my engine up to 200F, this alone will remove alot of stalling issues, the same time i will slowly get the needles to where i want it. I have experienced that if i change plugs under break-in settings will be a bit off from where i left it. ( This could be my own misstake), but still..

My break-IN:
    1.Always preheat to 200F
    2.Let engine Cold With piston Down position.

I will do for the Three first start up keep Wheels off ground, i think it will be easier to stay around 200F With the kit standing still.
    Just slowly rev for holding the temperature.. Just like Squirrelod describe it inn his break-in "vid.15"

I also have best experience With engine start off With Wheel of ground/ ideling around ideal temp in the start of break in.

So Oomp i Guess ill start directly With McCoy #8 plugs. What you think?

Thank you.

RC Champion
    I'm looking forward to your review of this engine

RC Champion
    Your plan sounds good to me.

Keep us posted on your progress. I am sure people are going to want to see pictures of it, when you get it up and running.
    Believe 1/2 of what you see,and 0 of what you hear

RC Racer
    Just received my force.28 today as well. Can't wait.

RC poster
    Sweet Mc.. Have you put the engine to life? What pipe are you running on, fuel and plugs? It will take some time guys before i can go ahead break in my engine. I have to figerout how to install my side pipe and i just got mail from store that they are out on M2C clutch. Jeje.. Im stitting here wondering if i should get the beetle body for my revo 3.3!

RC Racer
    I'm using 30%. For now in gonna run stock exhaust then I'm gonna order an ercm exhaust. Gonna break it in tomarrow. Lc3 plugs

RC Champion
    you guys could try the buku clutch too

RC Racer
    Sorry, I'm using lc4. Ran break in today. Instructions say to richn hsn 1 turn from stock. Ha. Mine wouldn't stay running without ingnitor still on. Put back to stock, still really rich couldn't get past half throttle or else it would load up and stall out. Getting better as lean it out. But deffinatly needs different muffler. Gonna order an ercm pipe. Should wake it up even more.

RC poster
    ok, what temp did you Reach and what break-In are you using?

RC Racer
    I'm following OFNA instructions. Only got to about 150. Would like it a bit hotter for break in

RC Racer
    Double check your throttle linkage. Mine won't go to wide open throttle.

RC poster
    I will do. Have you got a feeling of Power from the engine?

RC Racer
    Not sure yet. Not fully tuned. Still taking it easy, I'm on tank 8 and its still pretty rich. So far I leaned out the hsn 1/4 turn and temps still around 170 and its pulling wheelies like crazy. Should be a pretty crazy motor once its tuned.

RC Racer
    I had that issue with my picco max, it would not get to higher temps bc it wasn't getting wide open throttle. I had to loosen the carb and turn it clockwise to get full throttle. Definitely a good idea to check that u are gettin full throttle first b4 leaning out the motor to get temps. I wanna see some videos when these break ins are done!

RC poster
    Revoreese i think that was genius tought! How much did you turn it ? Share a pic ?

Regards

RC Enthusiast
    Hey you guys think this would fit a slayer pro? I'm pretty sure the slayer and revo have the same chassis, Id love something bigger without having to do a ton of mods jw
    Bigger Is Better

RC Racer
    It will fit..they have the same chassis
    T-MAXX 2.5R
    Slayer Pro
    Revo
    Monster Pirate

RC Qualifier
    I sure hope i can soon get mine, although i've been out of nitro for a while so reading this is always good.

RC Racer
    No matter which way you turn the carb or adjust servo horn on throttle servo, you won't be able to get full throttle. You have to get a different servo horn with a longer throw on it. With longer servo horn you can no longer put servo cover back on.

RC Qualifier
    Always check linkage when putting new engine in...
    Wasn't it 1/8 turn in after every 2 tanks?? How come only at 1/4 turn??
    Where It's All RC

RC poster
    Hi Ckeithnitro. You know every engine is diffrent, you can not say 1/8th turn for every this or that tank.. I will lean HSN until i can maintain 200F for first 3min. Run on my mill.

About linkage problem Mcisaacracing, can you try round servo horn ? I'm not sure how it is to bend linkage arm. I will remove that servo house ennyway, due to my sidepipe setup have to fit inn there some where..

RC Racer
    1/8 after every 2 tanks, break in is 6 tanks. Those adjustments already made. I made 2 more 1/8 turn adjustments on the next couple tanks to get it tuned.

Not sure if round horn will work.

This is straying from the original intent and now infringing on the rules which state support for aftermarket products is not allowed. Any questions you have about the engine need to go to Ofna. I'll keep it open as long as it stays in line with the rules--how it fits and your experience with the engine; any deviation and it's closed.
    The Super Derecho

RC Racer
    Sorry man, took the picco out and traded it to some guy on Craigslist for a gallon of traxxas top fuel about a month ago when the bearings began to leak.

Prulle
    Revoreese i think that was genius tought! How much did you turn it ? Share a pic ?

Regards

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Prulle View Post
    Hi Ckeithnitro. You know every engine is diffrent, you can not say 1/8th turn for every this or that tank.. I will lean HSN until i can maintain 200F for first 3min. Run on my mill.

About linkage problem Mcisaacracing, can you try round servo horn ? I'm not sure how it is to bend linkage arm. I will remove that servo house ennyway, due to my sidepipe setup have to fit inn there some where..
    Thanks champ I know every engine is diff... I can say that, cause he's going by the JL's manual for break in procedure..
    Where It's All RC

RC poster
    Hi McisaaCracing, how is Your engine going? I still Waite for the clutch and shoe to come...So no News here :/

good folks: i would like a tip on a precise heat gun,because mine is off by 7F + its very unstable. Other wise i would like some tip for how to get that side pipe installed. Also i want to get a hold on the linkage problem that Revoreese talked about. I might get a New servo for throttle and remove the servo box or try to moddit some how, depends on my solution.

L8terz ya.

RC Racer
    Went for a bash today. Runs great. Changed to a 16t bell and 38t spur. This thing pulls hard and keeps pulling. Ckeithnitro brought a speed gun. It was clocked at 39, not sure if that was mph or kph.

RC Racer
    You'd hope mph!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

RC Racer
    Yes it was mph. More left in it. Gonna order an ercm pipe. That should wake it up lots. I also have to put steel gears in tranny. Stripped them today.

RC poster
    Great! But really, do you need steel gears? I will try stay away from it.. if its possible. I broke inn my trx 3.3 engine few days back, im so eger to start tuning it, but that rain! I broke it inn with a Maccoy#59 plug and had no problem, so I think Oomp was spot on about that plug for break-In. I have 2more of those plugs I will use before I drop to Maccoy #8.

keep those wheels spinning!

RC Racer
    I'm gonna play it safe and get steel gears, I don't wanna go out somewhere and strip gears. Then my day is done, not fun. Yesturday when I stripped them I took gears out of tmaxx so I could play. It might be a good idea due to the fact it has more hp and torque. Or have extra gears in your tool box.

RC Racer
    Any videos coming soon of this motor?

RC poster
    You know better than me MCisaacracing, I have yet to install the engine. I'll see how long it takes before strippin my tranny out.
    Revoreese I can not do anything before I get my clutch setup, but it will come...Mcisaacracing you are welcome to drop a vid of you driving...

RC Racer
    I don't have any vids. But ckeithnitro might have some from this weekend on his YouTube channel. Search his name on YouTube. He also has one of a wicked twin engine truck that came out with us.

RC poster
    Mcisaacracing have you done some bashing this weekend? Got the steel gears?