Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    I promised myself I`d wait until I need a new chassis.
    To SUMMIT up, its my coolest RC.

RC Qualifier
    I got the parts in and on,

The diff cups would not accept the I-bar, so I had to grind it down a bit to fit.

The center diff REALLY helps with keeping all tires on the ground and putting the power where it needs to go.

-Integy aluminum diff cups
    -Traxxas steel axels (drive+center)
    -center diff
    -tbone skids/bumpers
    -Integy Aluminum pivot ball caps
    -SPC 3s 4300mah Hardcase LiposWow, 6s is crazy powerfull!

RC Qualifier

RC Qualifier
    I know It was the fastest Ive gone in a RC, but its gotta be wrong, Guess I need to get the other magnet holder for the spur gear sensor with the 54t gear on. Maybe get some more accurate readings...

RC Qualifier
    What pinion/spur combination do you run atm? And did you set your settings right in the traxxas app? 112km/h in free air is possible.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by WesleyK View Post
    What pinion/spur combination do you run atm? And did you set your settings right in the traxxas app? 112km/h in free air is possible.
    25/54, which setting in traxxas app are you referring to?

The above pic is actually 112MPH.

RC Qualifier
    112MPH?! Wow, that aint right .

In the traxxas app you have a panel to set your pinion/spur/wheel diameter settings. Also the choice to have either kmh or mph.

25/54 is very high by the way, arent you getting temp issues? Most run 21/54 max with 6S and a 2200kv motor. The shroud also adds some degrees to your motor temps.

RC Qualifier
    Oh snap, didnt realize those settings were there. Thanks!

I will try that then go for another run later today, Im only running taped shockwaves at the moment.

I have pre-mounted road rages too, but need to un-mount, tape and re-glue.

no real heat issues, get to 160 after about 20 mins of full throattle. Yes, shroud does add a few degrees, but it was misting that day and I was being cautious.

RC Qualifier
    it has also been 42-53 degree weather here, cool weather helps

Do you realize that those packs are a bit over their heads?
    According to the SPC website product description:
    We do NOT recommend using this pack in a Traxxas brushless ERevo or similar 1/8th scale-size brushless vehicles. If you decided to do so, it is at your own risk.
    The bold and underline are from their site and are not my additions.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 09-15-2013 at 11:17 AM.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    Do you realize that those packs are a bit over their heads?
    According to the SPC website product description:
    I did see that, BUT I wanted 3s SPC packs....

They are the only 3s lipos from SPC I could find that would physically fit.

I tried emailing SPC for a 3s pack recommendation and explanation as to why they do not recommend those packs for the e-revo. But no email back, I even tried calling twice, but Janice was unsure and Tom was supposed to return my calls but never did. Weird for SPC because I love them so far, maybe it was a busy few days.

So I went ahead and ordered them anyway. All is well with them so far...

What do you mean by "over their heads"? are they under/over rated for the e-revo with a 2200?

RC Qualifier
    There are underrated, SPC used to have a 3S 5000mAh 40(?)C pack, those were suitable for the E-Revo. I guess they are working on new 3S packs for the E-Revo at the moment. If you want to go the 2X 3S route, i'm afraid that you will have to use another brand currently.

Hm, looking at the specs, those battery packs should work in the E-Revo. 40C times 4,3Ah = 172A. That should be enough for the E-Revo. Only reason to not advice them in the E-Revo would be when the packs aren't actually 40C...

Traxxas's 3S lipos are 5000mAh and rated 25C, enough for 125A and these work perfectly.
    Last edited by WesleyK; 09-15-2013 at 11:19 AM.

Unfortunately, I am not privy to the exact reason for the advice.
    However, I will remind us all that gearing choices and therefore amp draw should have a significant influence on our battery choices. I have been able to run seriously undersized batteries in Revos so long as the gearing is extremely mild. Others can't run excellent batteries in their Revos due to their choice of gearing and use.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Qualifier
    I was talking to spc a ehike back and they are making new 3s packs. You want something rated for 200 amps ive swollen some high quality batteries before. The higher the voltage the less current it will pull so sometimes a slightly lower c will be ok. In big industrial plants that make thier own power all the motors and high voltage so they use less current and requires smaller wire. I also found with my erevo its smoother on 6s, I barely use 4s now you just got to on be easy with the trigger

Posted by my Galaxy tab 3 8"

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by WesleyK View Post
    There are underrated, SPC used to have a 3S 5000mAh 40(?)C pack, those were suitable for the E-Revo. I guess they are working on new 3S packs for the E-Revo at the moment. If you want to go the 2X 3S route, i'm afraid that you will have to use another brand currently.

Hm, looking at the specs, those battery packs should work in the E-Revo. 40C times 4,3Ah = 172A. That should be enough for the E-Revo. Only reason to not advice them in the E-Revo would be when the packs aren't actually 40C...

Traxxas's 3S lipos are 5000mAh and rated 25C, enough for 125A and these work perfectly.
    My thoughts too....

125A = Traxxas 3s 5000mah
    60A = Traxxas Stock NIMH 3000mah
    172A = SPC 4300

So it cant be underrated right?

RC Qualifier
    I believe the larger 10 gauge wires (which dont flex easily) would be the only problem SPC could see with using these in the 1/10 revo/summit.

I had to cut the battery vents to allow the wires to fit through there.

Could that be the ONLY reason SPC does not recommend? (my 8200`s are 12 gauge)
    Last edited by Northern Adventurer; 09-15-2013 at 11:38 AM.

RC Qualifier
    I think that might be just the reason..

RC Qualifier
    Got my explanation from SPC.. Im satisfied with using them

RC Qualifier
    i just got back from a speed run, running 25/54 with 40c 6s lipos, lowered on taped Pro-Line Shockwaves.

Got 77.7mph

Also had my first high speed accident at 68mph, got too squrilly and touched a curb, then cartwheeled 40' LoL, But landed on its feet and drove away smoothly and continued speed runs. VERY LUCKY in my eyes.

Next I will try some of my smaller spurs, have a 36t and a 40t i believe. May look into a larger pinion (26-32).

RC Qualifier
    Wow, i hope you do watch your temps while doing these runs? Would like to see a video of a e-revo doing that speed, should look wicked . You should try some on road tires by the way, taped and balanced.

RC Qualifier
    Oh ya, Got up there after 30 mins, 60 Celsius, I check each run with an infrared and keep a close eye on the ipod, which is usually pretty bang on! it was only 6 degrees here today, but sunny!

I want to un-mount my roadrages with acetone, tape and re-glue. then speed run with those. or phlatlines, or xo-1 tires, or Id like to find a foam tire that would work well. What about the rear slicks from the funny car?

I have a tire balancer and clay in the mail

RC Qualifier
    I`ll see If I can get a friend to video tape next runs.

I also had a new set of trenchers sitting there for my Summit once its rebuilt. I couldn't resist and tried out my taped trenchers, only 67.7mph with those even though they are a much larger diameter.

Weirdest part... they still ballooned pretty bad. Where the shockwaves can barley balloon. both were taped, wondering if its the type of rubber or the smaller length of tape I used? shock waves I used 3' inside each tire, trenchers I did 2'.

Sweet E-Revo! I may be a bit late, but why did you get the Integy aluminum diff cups?
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Qualifier
    well, they were the only ones I could get instock at the time of placing a large order with Tower. The LEM ones are still a while down the road... But I also wanted to go 6s, I decided I needed to go alum diff cups, hardened gears and steel shafts all round.

I will be replacing them in time once they wear... by then the LEM ones will be out.

RC Qualifier
    I just put in a homemade rear chassis brace. Thinking about doing a front one...

RC Qualifier
    Parts showed up this morning

Really looking forward to trying the pro-line twist caps.

RC Qualifier
    The balancer is pretty sweet. came with hexs from 12mm up to 28mm I believe..

RC Qualifier
    I couldn't resist the urge to try out the new summit tires while its still in rebuild mode.

Actually worked pretty well, a few extra roll overs... great traction. But ballooned a little more than I`d hoped.

Its come along nicely!
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Racer
    How do you like the Proline body mount kit and the Integy tire balancer?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by RcSummitVXL View Post
    How do you like the Proline body mount kit and the Integy tire balancer?
    Great, another one of those things Integy got right. All 5 hex sizes. solid construction. Simplistic.

Same can be said for the proline caps. they are on my summit and revo now.

RC Racer
    Awesome! Just saw your vid of you using the tire balancer. Thanks for posting it. Helped with my decision on whether to buy it or not.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by RcSummitVXL View Post
    Awesome! Just saw your vid of you using the tire balancer. Thanks for posting it. Helped with my decision on whether to buy it or not.
    Glad it helped.

FYI - in that vid I had the trencher tire on backward because its such a big tire. smaller tires go on 180 degrees from that on the wheel hex.

RC Qualifier
    Well, I havnt had a lot of updates lately. Simply because my Revo is complete and doesn't break often.

No issues to report, just having fun running my rigs

Woke up to a fresh blanket of snow this morning.... just charging up the batts

RC Qualifier
    Had fun today in the snow, got a 2.5x backflip in. but didn't land it, obviously by the .5 lol

Did manage to break a TBR skid today and a huge gash on one of my canyons.

I thought I landed so hard I dislodged a solder joint, but the battery connector actually came loose lol.

did you take it easy on the Canyon's?? Those tires are so soft, but work good on snow. I have a set with snow chains. I have never ran with BL tho. With the new MM2, going to try a few runs if/when we get any snow.
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 87 GN View Post
    did you take it easy on the Canyon's?? Those tires are so soft, but work good on snow. I have a set with snow chains. I have never ran with BL tho. With the new MM2, going to try a few runs if/when we get any snow.
    Enjoy, it will be fun, and heck no I never go easy.

RC Racer
    How is that dusty motors shroud? I'm looking to purchase one. I have the original mamba so it's not waterproof and I am looking to run my erevo in the snow, can I trust this shroud from keeping my mamba from getting wet?
    ERBE,Slash 4x4,Bandit,T-Maxx 3.3 x6,SportMaxx 2.5R

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by maxxdigger View Post
    How is that dusty motors shroud? I'm looking to purchase one. I have the original mamba so it's not waterproof and I am looking to run my erevo in the snow, can I trust this shroud from keeping my mamba from getting wet?
    The shroud works wonders, however, if only stops like 98% of moisture. Therefore, It does not make your electronics waterproof. BUT STILL does an amazing job of protecting.

I run the MM2 and the shroud to be on the safe side. On my Summit, I waterproofed the ESC myself and run the shroud cover.

So if you wanted you could try waterproofing the ESC.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Adventurer View Post
    The shroud works wonders, however, if only stops like 98% of moisture. Therefore, It does not make your electronics waterproof. BUT STILL does an amazing job of protecting.

I run the MM2 and the shroud to be on the safe side. On my Summit, I waterproofed the ESC myself and run the shroud cover.

So if you wanted you could try waterproofing the ESC.
    Yeah I was thinking about waterproofing the esc, but I saw people fry the esc due to waterproofing it. So I thought this would solve my problem lol
    ERBE,Slash 4x4,Bandit,T-Maxx 3.3 x6,SportMaxx 2.5R