Thread: Finally!

RC Qualifier

Finally!

Well between work and everything else been going on, I've been able to get atleast a pack or two thro my spartan this past week. I know where's the pictures and video, well misplaced (lost) my charging cable for my two cameras and had a memory card go bad in one. Thursday hopefully will be mounting a go pro to it.
    So anyways, I'd have to say the spartan has moved up on my list of favorite RC's! I've only had a chance to run it on my pond, can run a nice little ticky triangle course. Reaching maybe 3/4 throttle right before having to let off so I don't lauch it out of the pond. Was going to take it out on the river over the weekend, but as soon as the river calmed down from traffic they ended up catching a rock with his prop. So still waiting to fully see the possibilities with it.
    Still have some tweaking to do with the trim tabs and strut angle. Any easy way of setting the strut angle at a nuetral position? The way I was trying really wasn't going the best. lol. Didn't really do any searching on it. Thought maybe someone made a nice little homemade tool for the job, to make sure you can hit that sweet spot each time.
    And Tonight I'll get some pictures up as it's def been long over due for them.....
    MERV SV3/5700
    Slash MMP/2400
    Slayer Pro
    Spartan

RC Champion
    use any straight edge on centreline and measure at back. I use edge of work bench or carpenter square, I normally run it up 1/2mm to 1mm
    MMM/2650, E-maxx Body=FUN !
    3 Slash 4x4
    Pede 4x4

RC Qualifier
    Here's some pics as promised. Where the orignal rudder was placed I just reinstalled the screws and slid some nitro fuel line on them. I'm hoping to have some video tonight. I did have to some grinding on the inside for the washers to sit flat for my rudder. Thanks for looking!
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    MERV SV3/5700
    Slash MMP/2400
    Slayer Pro
    Spartan

RC Qualifier
    What motor is that that you are using? And have you got a GPS speed with that setup?

E-Maxx and Spartan

RC Qualifier
    It's the 1515 2200kv motor. The previous owner swapped out the stock electronics right when he bought it, and when I recieved it, it still hadn't seen water. I plan on swapping out for a leopard 1600kv.

Haven't had a chance to get a GPS speed yet. In the process of purchasing one. Also have only had it on my pond and maybe have been up to 3/4 throttle, so don't even have an idea of speed. I'm also running on 5s battery set-up, 2s 65c 6500mah and 3s 65c 6500mah SPC batteries.

Than just waiting on some grimracer props to give a try at sharpening and balancing. As the CNC aluminum kintect prop really has bad cavitation at lower speeds. But other than that the kintect has been a good prop after alittle sharpening was done...
    MERV SV3/5700
    Slash MMP/2400
    Slayer Pro
    Spartan