Hybrid View

RC poster

Long Travel Rockers AND Steel Shafts?

Hello! Ive been running erevo rockers on my Summit for as long as Ive had upgraded steel axle shafts and its been good. Now I really want to go back to the long travel rockers but I know the axles will pop out because there meant to be in an erevo. I don't want to go threw the hassle of taking the differentials apart to make it compatible with the plastic shafts plus the steel ones have been much more reliable than plastic. I was wondering if anyone knows of an alternative. A way to have long travel rockers AND steel shafts. Man, that would be awesome.

RC Qualifier
    On the big Revo they offer deep output yokes that allow more travel but still really not enough to take advantage of full suspension articulation. Maybe you should try aluminum telescopic shafts.
    BB MERV/T8 Rusty/OS21REVO
    Drive it like its Hot

RC Qualifier
    as I understand, its the rear arms on the summit that are the problem, so if you change the rear arms to the erevo arms, the long travel rockers should still work.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    There are quite a few Summits running LT rockers and MERV steel shafts with MERV arms... with no issues. It is when the LT's are coupled with the Summit rear arms there are issues.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Champion
    And if you are going to swap to merv rear arms...might as well go ahead and upgrade to the rpm arms.
    --
    "Dude,I almost had you"
    R.I.P Paul Walker

RC Competitor
    Just to reinforce Jimmie's statement, I've been running with the Traxxas steel shafts and LT rockers for quite some time. I only have the occasional problem of them popping out during a crash etc, I also run RPM MERV arms.
    Start with a stick pack and work your way up, kid

RC Champion
    fyi...if/when they do pop out... wrapping the shaft with bright colored heat shrink,tape or paint...will make them easier to find.
    --
    "Dude,I almost had you"
    R.I.P Paul Walker

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    I don't think they will go anywhere... the wheel side is a captured CV joint whereas the diff side is a dog bone to allow for axle movement.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Neutron View Post
    I don't think they will go anywhere... the wheel side is a captured CV joint whereas the diff side is a dog bone to allow for axle movement.
    Ok...different than the MIP's on my sons Rustler then.
    --
    "Dude,I almost had you"
    R.I.P Paul Walker

RC Qualifier
    I rocked the long travel for a while n did not like it, just mho. When the rocker gets to full droop the axle can be pulled out from light hand pressure. I used deeper out put yokes on my nitro revo. Constantly pulling knuckles to put an axle back in gets old. Try merv axles first.
    BB MERV/T8 Rusty/OS21REVO
    Drive it like its Hot

RC poster
    Hey thanks guys! The summit has RPM a arms front and back already. I had the steel cvd's + RPM arms + LT rockers and the truck was great for climbing around. It was actually surprising the way it could climb up a 6" curb when you approach at the right angle. For slow precise crawling the CVD's never came out but as soon as I hit up a gravel patch for some doughnuts and stone throwing the CVD's where out in no time. I like the idea of telescopic aluminum shafts though. I would go back to plastic but Im running a Castle on LiPo. I looked for telescopic shafts with no success. Anyone know who makes them?

RC Champion
    My Castle powered Merv had some telescopic aluminum shafts on it when I got it.
    I have no idea of the brand.
    I broke one...and replaced it with a stock Merv shaft.
    By the time it was all said and done...the other 3 had been replaced with stock Merv shafts...before I ever broke a stock one.
    --
    "Dude,I almost had you"
    R.I.P Paul Walker