Started wandering over here from the Slash 4x4 forum and I'm hooked. I have a Slash Ultimate 4x4 that I have started modding. I was considering converting it from time to time for road and rally use, but then thought it best to just build another chassis.
My thread for that can be found here:
I'm going to start a Rally Build of my own seeing as I already have a Slash and am getting familiar with the construction and design of this unit. Also most parts are exchangable, so it made sense to go this route for now. I bougth a roller chassis off ebay that has only been ran a few times and comes with some upgrades already.
- Tekno Drive Shaft
- Hot Racing Aluminum Motor Mount
- STRC Front & Rear Gun Metal Shock Towers
- STRC Aluminum Steering Rack
- STRC ESC Plate
- RPM Arms and Axle Carriers
- Patriot Steering Servo
- Pro-Line Road Rage tires on Desperado 2.8 wheels
- T-Bone Racing Front and Rear bumpers
- Stock Orange and Black Rally Body with Keepers
I have ordered the Mamba Monster 2 / 2650kv motor, as well as a bunch of upgrades in suspension and chassis. I have a Pro-Line Ford Focus Body I plan to paint for it. As well it comes with the Rally Orange body.
I want to target this build as a versatile speed rocket that can be used on both pavement and dirt. Any suggestions or comments are welcomed