Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    Took it down to the local pond for some practice backing the villain down into the water. Had to keep it on pretty flat terrain due to the low ground clearance of the trailer. Villain ran nice and cool with 30 some degree water cooling runnin through it, so did the summit with cool ambient temps and slow speed.
    [IMG][/IMG]

RC Champion
    yesterday:

there is this new car wash about a block away from my house and since they were making it during winter. they hadn't done the landscaping at all. sept for drop off supplies..... supplies of which include landscape lime stone. the way it was laid out made for some mental and physic defying paths to be taken. just to get on top of the stones.

best part of the day. about half way throught the run I had a hole trail course going and black marks on the rocks

made for one happy owner and one sore summit
    summit /mustang /stampede-2s spc lipo

RC Enthusiast

[IMG][/IMG]
    Had some fun with my mamba powered summit thrashing through puddles after a nice Washington rain.
    Came off a jump, could not see the landing, ended up belly up in a big puddle.
    Could you go rescue my truck?

RC Competitor
    [IMG][/IMG]

Just picked up these slingers for 61.00 shipped! Cant wait to get these on my summit....

RC Qualifier
    Thats a good deal on those slingers. Hope the hexes are in good shape and havent seen loose lugs and brushless power. I got the superpenny out on the crawler course this last weekend. Amazed every time at the capabilities of this truck.
    [IMG][/IMG]

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ddepedro View Post
    [IMG][/IMG]

Just picked up these slingers for 61.00 shipped! Cant wait to get these on my summit....
    Have the exact same setup on my summit. Great tire. Great wheels. You will LOVE the performance and looks. My slingers are well worn in now and are great for bashing and crawling.

RC Racer
    I took the Summit out for a nice bush bash, just installed the Proline accessories with scale occy straps, snatchy rope etc. and they all stayed on! Gotta be happy with that! Better get back to those Apocalypse shells....

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    1/16 EREVO, 1/10 SUMMIT

RC poster
    Can you give us a little teaser into what you will be exploring in your ....

low testosterone test

RC Racer
    Grenaded my castle 2200 over the weekend. Had the summit geared 11/68 and was doing some high speed runs in an open field on 6s. Truck just locked up once i slowed down. Disassembled the 2200 and found that the magnet had shreded and a few pieces of it got jammed into the copper coil wires in the can. Motor is not rebuildable. I did chop the red and black wires off and soldered them onto the 775 so it will plug into my MM2.

RC Qualifier
    Went brushless! My Summit already had a MM2 ESC in it and my E-Revo I'm currently selling had the CC1515 2200kv motor in it and I thought why not give it a shot in the Summit when we go away and if I like it I'll use some of the money from the Revo sale to fund a CC1515. Well I gave it a test run in the street and WOW. This thing is mental. Mudslingers on tarmac did not want to hook up at all with the power, just spinning, some wheelies but when it did the tyres were spinning. Can't wait to test it out on big hills and dirt roads.
    Slugs are just naturally aspirated snails

RC Competitor
    Not today but over the last few weeks I have upgraded to Castle BL, MIP shafts, HR 65t steel spur, got a set of Rock Rage F11's and my newest pride and joys are my Slingers on Axial beadlocks. Several mods done prior and more coming in the future

RC Qualifier
    Wow I love the look of your Axial bead locks. Are these them http://www.axialracing.com/products/ax8017 It looks like they make them in black and black chrome. Which ones are yours? Did you have any issues installing the Mudslingers? I hate to bake tires off but I may have to cook my Slingers and install the bead locks.
    "Better Old and Devious than Young and Exuberant"

RC Qualifier
    Today I did a couple of little things I had been needing to do. Repaired my lights, checked everything over, added hot glue to the backs of the lights to hold the wires steady, heat shrink here and there.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by BRICK57 View Post
    Wow I love the look of your Axial bead locks. Are these them http://www.axialracing.com/products/ax8017 It looks like they make them in black and black chrome. Which ones are yours? Did you have any issues installing the Mudslingers? I hate to bake tires off but I may have to cook my Slingers and install the bead locks.

The ones you have linked are the exact ones I have. They are the black ones. I had zero issues assembling this setup also. I was gonna go Geodes and strip the chrome but I also hate ungluing tires.

RC Competitor
    Got around to installing my MIP shafts, replaced my rear hubs and rebuilt my rear diff. Truck is ready to go again. SOOOOOO EXCITED to try these Slingers out as well as my Sidewinder8th system that I have only been able to run for 1 1/2 sets of packs. HAHA

RC Qualifier
    I summited around for a while today without the LVD on for the first time ever. Used a cell checker with alarm instead. Result... one dead lipo - puffed up heaps, got really hot and split so I had to chuck it in a bucket of salt water.
    The lipo on the BEC side which I put the alarm on got down to 3.59v in one cell but the lipo without the alarm on it must have gone much lower? Coz it got hot, puffed and split.

RC Qualifier
    Man that sucks. Im goin to order another cell checker/alarm now. I could use another and for $5 or so its a good investment. At least it didnt burn your summit up, could have been worse.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by clinical View Post
    I summited around for a while today without the LVD on for the first time ever. Used a cell checker with alarm instead. Result... one dead lipo - puffed up heaps, got really hot and split so I had to chuck it in a bucket of salt water.
    The lipo on the BEC side which I put the alarm on got down to 3.59v in one cell but the lipo without the alarm on it must have gone much lower? Coz it got hot, puffed and split.
    Stange because the Lipo on the BEC side always gets discharged more. There must have been a problem before. Were both lipos the same voltage before use?

RC Qualifier
    I have re-assembled the electronics and tranny and rear drive line parts.

Also cleaned up the body and re did all the lights on the bumpers and also installed the light bar.

Last time i had trouble with the little wires coming out of the LED going rusty and breaking off so i have done a job with some Liquid Electrical Tape. For some reason though it went bubbly Trying to work out what is wrong and how to get a smooth finish.
    Hopefully get this rebuild done very soon so i can get her running again.
    If the summit can go through; its not deep enough

Alright, it's a done deal. I now have a brushless Summit. I went with the Castle Mamba Monster 2 2200kv combo, running x2 SPC 2s 8200 lipos, geared at 18/68. I drove it a little bit last night and the power and speed just simply amazing. It's unbelievably powerful, with back flips and non stop wheelies. It tops out at about 48 mph according to the telemetry, but it sure looks, and sounds faster than that. For anyone out there looking to put a brushless system in their Summit, just do it. Brushless just makes it so much better in just about every way possible! Even super low speed crawling is great. I kid you not I couldn't get the motor to cog, no matter how slow I made it go, it's super smooth.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Competitor
    Sounds awesome! I cant wait to get mine! post some running vids if you can.

RC Racer
    Well tonight and a couple of other nights this week I COMPLETELY took apart and cleaned my Summit. It's now ready for reassemble, which will include a few new parts (see pics), just waiting for some shims to reassemble the diffs.

Tekin powered Summit

RC Competitor
    Got it's ESC pulled out by me (first ESC change I have ever done). I am going to order a new one and see if the ESC is gone. I think it fried itself and I think I know why. The morning that it died, I pushed it hard. Too hard. I was driving like I was stupid. It was the first time my friend and I drove our RC trucks together. So, I was trying to show-off my Summit. Oh well. It was fun while it lasted.
    If parts ain't flyin', you ain't tryin'

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy1971 View Post
    Well tonight and a couple of other nights this week I COMPLETELY took apart and cleaned my Summit. It's now ready for reassemble, which will include a few new parts (see pics), just waiting for some shims to reassemble the diffs.

Wow, looks like someone hit the lottery. Those are the upgrades ive been dreaming about. Very nice.

RC Racer
    Removed the chrome from the Geodes and reinstalled them on my truck after running CEN Snipers all winter. Also installed the 775 with my MM2. Never used the stock stuff when I got the Summit. Went straight to MM2 2200 brushless. Anyway, I really like the way it performs woth the brushed motor! Now I can see how much more low speed control it has over the Castle. It crawls slower than a snail in low gear but still get up to around 22mph in high gear.
    Needless to say when I go back to brushless (and I will!!) I will be installing a Tekin sensored setup

RC Champion
    walked with the summit around in the rain today looking for some urban crawling....... no such luck
    summit /mustang /stampede-2s spc lipo

RC Racer
    On Thursday I reassembled everything onto the bulkheads. Last nigh I reassembled the diffs and installed them into the bulkheads. Today I added some hot glue into the rear bulkhead to hold the diff in tight, then installed a number of parts onto the chassis.

Tekin powered Summit

RC Competitor
    Summit is looking good Jimmy!

RC Champion
    sweet stuff dude!

RC Qualifier
    A little night runnin, let there be light! Kc's help a bunch, can see where im goin. Good fun.
    [IMG][/IMG]

RC Racer
    Yesterday I finally got the motor and ESC installed. Today before the hockey game started I did the radio calibration and re-installed the TBR center skid plate.

Tekin powered Summit

What did you do to your Summit today?

Comparatively boring, but I finally got around to painting the Dewalt 14.4V. I just wanted to be able to temp it better. I may or may not have accomplished my goal.

Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Racer
    What did I do to my Summit today? I used it for the first time since installing the Tekin combo and Holy ....... that combo is impressive.
    Tekin powered Summit

RC Qualifier
    Today had it's good parts and a bad part..
    Great day bashing, crawling, mudding, the whole lot
    Bad part, could hear a click every now and again that seemed to be coming from the rear from when I left home. By the time I got home the clicking was almost constant, pulled the rear end apart and found one spider gear had 2 teeth missing, new diff in, good to go.
    I will have to say I've been lucky with my Summit, I don't baby it and I've only had 1 driveshaft and 1 spider gear go in 1.5 years running 4S Dewalt and Mudslingers. No more breakages touch wood.

RC Champion
    Since I am more interested in Bashing my BL Summit at the moment, I changed the Stock 50wt oil at the rear shocks to 80wt and added a little more preload. I also run double orange springs rear and front.

So do you think I should change to 80wt in the front shocks too or keep the 50wt???

RC Champion
    Burned up two Titan 775 motors. Called traxxas and there's a new one on its way!
    Slash 4x4 built from Proline RPM STRC TRX and MIP

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by soundmaster View Post
    Since I am more interested in Bashing my BL Summit at the moment, I changed the Stock 50wt oil at the rear shocks to 80wt and added a little more preload. I also run double orange springs rear and front.

So do you think I should change to 80wt in the front shocks too or keep the 50wt???
    Found 80wt to be little too stiff, so I changed it to 70

RC poster

Mounted new Tires, First self painted Body, and tryed out the Slingers for Crawling

Bump! After 2 years and 3 dead stock servos, I ended up getting two Savox Sw-0231MG servos, which both combined are good for about 416oz of torque. They're awesome, no glitches or brown outs to date. So far I've had no issues running them, other than I needed to get servo wire extensions since the stock ones are so short.

I also broke the stock body in half after a good 10ft jump right on to the body.
    To replace the busted stock body I picked up a new Exo cage, led roof light bar, and the Pro line Apocalypse body. I painted it up with the new Duratrax paint, which is awesome by the way. Turns out Duratrax bought out Pactra's old patents, so theyre the EXACT same colors as Pactra paint was. I painted it bright lime green, and it looks awesome. Sorry no pictures at the moment since I'm on vacation at the moment, but I'll post them ASAP.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Competitor
    Finally painted my apocalyps body on my Summit LT. Then went out for a trail run.

My name is Mud!!
    Summit LT