Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    RC Competitor
    well this afternoon i sat down and re wired my fpv setup, installed the new spiro net antennas, and gave it a test drive. i got some new bumper mounts and double orange springs on the way. looking into that new proline body too.

RC Racer
    Hopein to get "Sumsquatch" put back together, sounds like a nice weekend for a change.
    Drive Angry My Friends!

RC Competitor
    Looks great! love the color... everything... good job.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep800 View Post
    Finally got around to mounting the new lid. And while I had it in front of me soldered new wire and bullet connectors to the motor and ESC.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

which duwalt motor is that

I believe it is a painted Dewalt 14.4V. P/N 396505-21SV.
    Alt-248 on the number pad = °

RC Racer
    I painted my Summit today with the Pro-Line Apocalypse in an Urban Camouflage motif, and made a luge from old snowblades for the kids to slide on this weekend:

Don't believe everything you think!

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    I believe it is a painted Dewalt 14.4V. P/N 396505-21SV.
    is the 14.4v the v2 820 conversion you can get off of kershaw designs?

RC Racer
    The club I go out with on the weekends crawling and trailing has taught me that debris can kill your brushed motors. So, with a little help from outerwears, I think I solved that problem. I'm running dual DeWalt 14.4's, which you may have noticed have some pretty large gaps for sucking in much more than just water. Obviously, I wrapped the two motors in their product but I also took that same material and made a "filter" to keep debris from getting sucked in at the front of the motor mounts.

Kersh Summit-LCG Slash-Slash 4x4-Merv-Rally-Wraith

Quote Originally Posted by big red b View Post
    is the 14.4v the v2 820 conversion you can get off of kershaw designs?
    Probably but since the specs aren't listed, you should inquire of KD to make sure.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by jamann View Post
    what's broken ? Maybe at the least we can recommend something to prevent it happening again.

Sent using lipo power
    I don't know. Mine goes like 5mph. High gear. Fully charged batteries. The ESC gets like boiling water hot after 2mins. Sorry guys but I am still pretty new to RC repair thing.
    If parts ain't flyin', you ain't tryin'

RC Competitor
    wednesday i ordered 2 orders of 2075 gears got them today on saturday just put them in 5 mins ago shes back up and running yeah buddy

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Francis de Gruchy View Post
    I painted my Summit today with the Pro-Line Apocalypse in an Urban Camouflage motif, and made a luge from old snowblades for the kids to slide on this weekend:

Sick looking

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    went out yesterday and put 8 runs throw my summit had the day off school we got some snow so why not had fun

RC Enthusiast
    My RC4WD Rok Lox 40 Series 3.8 Comp Tires, and AX8017 Beadlock rims arrived today so I mounted them.. Also installed the Team Integy 17mm Aluminum Hex Wheel Hub Set, 12mm Offset, no rubbing on anything.

RC Qualifier
    Great choice muskoka. I recently put the same setup on my summit. I did not do any hub extensions and i only get a little rubbing on the wheel wells of the body especially when diffs are locked. No rubbing on suspension parts at all which i was surprised because all i read said beadlocks rub on a-arms. If you are running 16t or 17t pinion might want to look into evx cooling when all that snow melts. I love the speed with my 17t and dewalt. I put a yeah racing fan on my esc and it cools it nice.

RC Qualifier
    Oh yea, one more thing. Servo upgrade is almost mandatory. Although it looks like stock servos on mine they are actually 2 savox sw-0231 waterproof with 208 oz. of torque at 6v. Just got a cool bec for them that i will post pics of install in near future.

RC Enthusiast
    Finished my Snow Rescue body
    Stock Summit

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by eightcircuits View Post
    Finished my Snow Rescue body
    Looks very nice! I love the snowboard!
    Summit RX8/1550kv-Slash4x4 MM2/2400kv Twin-V Merv.

RC Competitor
    Broke my right rear axle. My kid accidentally hit 2nd with the tires locked at my moms. He ran under the pt cruiser parked out front. It compressed it fully between the car and gravel and snap goes the drive shaft. It didn't twist but broke on the diff side where the pin holds it. I really don't like the tqi's layout. I have big hands and have bumped it once.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by RCROCKS75 View Post
    I don't know. Mine goes like 5mph. High gear. Fully charged batteries. The ESC gets like boiling water hot after 2mins. Sorry guys but I am still pretty new to RC repair thing.
    ESC is fried, that happened to me. At first I thought it was the motor but when I swapped it out for a brand new one I realised it was the ESC.
    Slugs are just naturally aspirated snails

RC Champion
    Took it skydiving with me. Made it a custom parachute that fit on the toll cage. It worked great. After we got done skydiving I took it to Mount Everest with me. I was kinda surprised but she made it all the way up by her self. Didn't touch her once. I'm proud of my little Summit. We got tired of the cold so we took it to Iceland to crawl around some volcanos. The lava rock was crazy fun to crawl on. Some of it was still hot even. I melted a tire! It was not easy getting it back. The flowing hot lava came rushing down the mountain as I was picking her up. Luckily I made it out alive! Took her to my LHS and picked up a new tire. I was tired of the slow Titan set up so I picked up three 2200 motors and a mamba monster. I took it to the autobon to see what she could do. I drove side by side with it in my Bugatti Veyron. We hit 237 mph!! It was crazy fun. With the crazy speeds I decided to come back to America and entered a NASCAR race. I killed it! Won by a land slide.

Great day with the Summit!
    Last edited by Bash'n'slash; 02-20-2014 at 12:06 PM.
    Slash 4x4 built from Proline RPM STRC TRX and MIP

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Bash'n'slash View Post
    Took it skydiving with me. Made it a custom parachute that fit on the toll cage. It worked great. After we got done skydiving I took it to Mount Everest with me. I was kinda surprised but she made it all the way up by her self. Didn't touch her once. I'm proud of my little Summit. We got tires of the cold so we took it to Iceland to crawl around some volcanos. The lava rock was crazy fun to crawl on. Some of it was still hot even. I melted a tire! It was not easy getting it back. The flowing got lava can rushing down the mountain as I was picking her up. Luckily I made it out alive! Took her to my LHS and picked up a new tire. I was tires o the slow Titan set up so I picked up three 2200 motors and a mamba monster. I took it to the autobon to see what she could do. I drove side by side with it in my Bugatti Veyron. We hit 237 mph!! It was crazy fun. With the crazy speeds I decided to come back to America and entered a NASCAR race. I killed it! Won by a land slide.

Great day with the Summit!
    lol glad you won the Daytona 500 haha, wish I had tickets but stuck at work

RC Racer
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcnZ...e_gdata_player

Tested out the pulling power of my summit...lol
    I bought mine used with no motor...so waiting on my DeWalt...I couldn't take it any more....so remembering I had an old Craftsman 19.2 drill that is no longer used!!! ....well blew the pile if dirt and dust off the motor after taking drill apart and......see the video!!

Quote Originally Posted by kyles974 View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcnZ...e_gdata_player

Tested out the pulling power of my summit...lol
    I bought mine used with no motor...so waiting on my DeWalt...I couldn't take it any more....so remembering I had an old Craftsman 19.2 drill that is no longer used!!! ....well blew the pile if dirt and dust off the motor after taking drill apart and......see the video!!
    Video is listed as "Private" and therefore is not viewable.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by gunslinger9 View Post
    lol glad you won the Daytona 500 haha, wish I had tickets but stuck at work
    Yeah it was pretty fun. Lol. Your mind tend to wander when your stuck in math class...

RC Racer
    havent done it yet, but this weekend i am adding the traxxas red pushrods and steering links as well as the red hubs or whatever, and the light bar for the top.
    Summit crawling MT
    Twin 2pedes for the kids

RC Qualifier
    I drove the heck out of mine today for over 5 hours. Good times. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHU4...e_gdata_player

QUOTE=ksb51rl;5658945]Video is listed as "Private" and therefore is not viewable.[/QUOTE]

Ya....didn't realize that...sorry....he you go...should be fixed (on top).....just a 8 second pull.....lol

RC Champion
    On a serious note I picked up a new Titan 775. She's finally back up and running.

RC Champion
    this week I finished rebuilding the transmission, replaced part 3992/ the input shaft. bent it slightly a year ago when I put a screw in that was 2mm longer then stock through the transmission mounting tab.

had picked up some stock geode rims to strip the chrome off of and paint and also got a e-mail on the 19th saying my rc4wd mudslingers are in the mail.

going slow but come spring the summit should be up and running
    summit /mustang /stampede-2s spc lipo

RC Champion
    Finally got some good pictures of my black chassis.

Why do the scratches show up gray/white? I thought the dye soaked into the plastic. I dyed it for 3 hours.

RC Qualifier

Put a set of these on..

Finally got a bug and painted her up.

Last edited by markman; 02-23-2014 at 03:45 PM.

RC Racer
    Love the bug

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

RC Champion
    after months I have finally put the back end together. just waiting for those tire's and gotta pickup a servo and possible some lipo's

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by JoelRobbo View Post
    ESC is fried, that happened to me. At first I thought it was the motor but when I swapped it out for a brand new one I realised it was the ESC.
    That is what I thought. Like the motor still has brushes like new but it just doesn't go. It won't even move with LiPo batteries. I will order one then I guess.
    If parts ain't flyin', you ain't tryin'

RC Champion
    Went out and bashed for a long time today. It was sooo much fun. Went to a new area I haven't been yet.

RC Champion
    this past week i got the mudslingers in. got the foams cut to size the rims striped for a special design. and just finished glueing them up.

also finished putting the summit back together and am just waiting for that 500 oz/in savox servo comes in from amian. and then guilt free driving. but as it sits right now im riding with one stock steering servo and a single 2s 6000mah lipo.

RC Competitor
    Painted and installed a Proline apocalypse body, Ordered a 14.4v dewalt which should be here this week, And also some double orange springs.

Painted and installed a Proline apocalypse body, Ordered a 14.4v dewalt which should be here this week, And also some double orange springs.
    Got any pictures of the apocalypse body? Sounds like a nice upgrade list.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Competitor
    I will take some pics tonight after work, It's nothing fancy I just painted it solid gun metal, Although I am happy with the way it turned out. I'm going to paint the wheel rings tonight to match as well.