Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Did the NO SLOP HUB MOD today What a difference! Absolutely NO SLOP! and cheap too.
    Nice! Which one did you do?
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Qualifier
    I think it's pavementsurfer's orginal post. Using HPI flanged wheel nuts and chopping off the threads on the traxxas hub. Works great! I had been using shrink tubing but this one seems like a solid fix.
    Working hard to appear reasonably sane.

RC Qualifier
    Added a few scale accessories this weekend. This has by far become my favorite truck!! Didn't get the run time I was hoping for but I will.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    SUMMIT, SUMVO, ERBE, EMAXX & REVO 3.3

RC Champion
    I cought a root at full speed first gear with my brushless summit:

Did a quick fix that should hold up until spare part arrives:

RC Racer
    ^^^Proof that squatting can be a real problem sometimes...
    Brushless 19/62 SPC 8.2 It's not a Tekin or a MM

RC Champion
    what i did....finaly got the parts in on friday!!!!

that night stayed up to about 4:30am(hmmm been up for 24hrs) filling up the shocks and diffrientials with there oil
    least to say the 500k diff oil took forever to get the air bubles out of it .and the shocks were quight easy to do with the 80wt....
    installed the 72t spur gear.and the vdp kit for the shocks.
    got all that finished and got my summit back together closer to about 4am and didnt want to wait eny longer to drive it so i put in the 2s lipo i had for the stampede 2wd.started to drive....and sorta went wow. geared 14/72 with a sigle 2s lipo.in low gear.just made it screaming fast..lol....nice and slow for some acurate control on obsticals.

just so happy that i got my summit back up and going and rilly like the speed and drag brack effect that the 14/72 gearing gives.and the rebound rate that the shocks have with the vdp and 80wt oil.just letts it ride nice and tall....next off will be is getting a steering servo and saver...dont know what i did previously to the steering system but the servo saver is so weak.and its getting to me.specialy when i need it

^^and noticed that there is little squat in the rear since installing the vdp kit and 80wt oil on #2 valves.

but i got a question guys...ive had the origianal 775 for about 3yrs. and it seems of thought the bushings just dont want to keep oil in them.it seems of thought im puting a drop of 3in1 on the bushings every week.the bushings just dry out and make the motor loud and growl.
    summit /mustang /stampede-2s spc lipo

3 years is a pretty good run I would say,the bushings are probably just worn out.getting a bit of slop,oil won't cure that unfortunately.At least they are not really expensive.....maybe dewalt time

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

Bushings are worn out, plain and simple.
    Alt-248 on the number pad = °

RC Racer
    Today I installed the TBR skid plate set on the Summit, including the A-arms. Interested to see how it effects it's characteristics. The truck is heavier and lower, but only a little bit. Looks like it's gonna take more time to clean and wrench on it now too, luckily I enjoy the maintenance side of the hobby as much as driving (nearly). Oh, and chucked on a proline roofrack/ TRX rooflight bar, purely for asthetics. preddy.
    1/16 EREVO, 1/10 SUMMIT

RC Champion
    acutualy i have had the summit and motor for 3yrs but have ran it for more like 1-1/2 to 2yrs. since i had the summit down about 2 or 3 times in the three year priod.and if i get it uup and going i could probably top 4-5yrs out of it still...last time i checked i have just over a 1/4" of brushes left

i will check the bushing play today and see ho that is..

RC Champion
    today i took my summit to work...well co-op placment..walked there and back

and got an early experience of what finger freze feals like...

Here is a video of me and my friend's Summit's out driving in FPV. The camera (Iphone) is mounted on my Summit. I took the video way back in June, so it's been in the making for quite some time. Beware, it's 30 min long! Enjoy!

Last edited by Wolfslash16; 10-22-2013 at 08:35 PM.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Racer
    Found another very nice trail around a lake. So far, my favorite(the most challenging) trails have been just the paths wore into the waters edge at lakes. Wore down by fisherman working their way around the bank. An axle pin disappeared as soon as I got to a clearing at the "off-leash dog park" area. Had to take the flat ground, the long way back to the car, so that I didn't have to carry the truck all the way back down the fishing trail. It was a good thing I brought a spare 2s battery, just in case the trail was longer than my batteries. The 8200's ran out about a 1/4 of a mile from the car. It was a good day, even though it was misting and I lost the axle pin. I'll take some pictures of the more challenging areas the next time I go back, very possibly in the morning.
    Brushless 19/62 SPC 8.2 It's not a Tekin or a MM

RC Racer
    Sat in my basement staring at the box and willing Christmas to come faster!
    What can I do to... I mean WITH my Summit now?...

RC Competitor
    This:
    http://youtu.be/beLLH8ATrtI

Envoyé de mon iPad à l'aide de Tapatalk

RC Racer

RC poster
    Soldering a new nose for my broken Steel-Body.

Gruß
    Ralf

RC Qualifier
    Finally got around to mounting the new lid. And while I had it in front of me soldered new wire and bullet connectors to the motor and ESC.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by BlackSheep800; 11-18-2013 at 02:08 PM.

RC Racer
    installed my dewalt and um whats the best way to say this ummmm omg, sweet , great, yea i love it
    Traxxas summit
    Traxxas rustler vxl

RC Qualifier
    Blacksheep that is one of the cleanest summits i have seen in a long time! Great work! what type of paint is that?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by markman View Post
    Blacksheep that is one of the cleanest summits i have seen in a long time! Great work! what type of paint is that?
    Thanks Markman. Believe it or not, it does get used........maybe not as much as other members on here. Ha Ha

I do try to clean it up and keep dry lube on it as much as I can AND I am a firm believer in Outerwears or Dusty Covers.

As for the paint, I painted this lid with rattle cans. I used Spaz Stix Candy Apple Red and Metallic Silver. Thanks for the compliments!

RC Competitor
    Today I installed a new high/low servo and switched out the double yellow springs with double orange
    Slash 4x4
    embe
    14.4 dewalt summit

RC Champion
    oh man i had a accident yesterday!

just got snow up at the grand parents and it had gotten cold.so the next day i got hyped to go out and run the summit in the fresh snow. got up the country street abit and seen this ditch full of water that was iced over. so went across it not once but 5 times then on the way back over i decided to stop in the middle of the ice. to just take in the look. next thing i know the summits gone!

the summit fell throught the ice and disipered into freezing cold water.tried to drive the summit out but the tire's took on to much water and stalled/cuased a brown out. ended up fishing it out and all was good.havent yet had time to tear into it. but imagine the trans and diff's have water in them.and i was also surprised that my one servo hadint fried on me. since i had cut the case up around the motor. and had the internals exposed.

oh ya lots of fun

RC Racer
    Thanks for the pictures viper
    Last edited by Chrisg81983; 11-24-2013 at 08:06 PM.

RC Racer
    Just breaking it and fixing it, that is all.

Broke year axle knuckle

This is probably the reason I was toeing out.

Having fun with the truck though

RC poster
    No problem Chrisg81983, were you able to make your own up? I've been running 6s brushless and haven't broken a single axle since making my own up. Stainless would be real nice, any pictures?

RC Racer

The magical Summit ... walks on water.

or

Summit on Ice

Had fun bashing and spinning on the frozen pond. Can't hydroplane a brushed Summit, so this was the best way to be able to get across a pond.
    Last edited by Dementor; 11-25-2013 at 04:03 PM.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Dementor View Post

The magical Summit ... walks on water.

or

Summit on Ice

Had fun bashing and spinning on the frozen pond. Can't hydroplane a brushed Summit, so this was the best way to be able to get across a pond.
    HAHA - Nice!!!

RC Competitor
    Picked up some Trencher X's and Installed the Light Bar - This truck is incredible! ( just got back from a run with the Trenchers..love it! )

Before Trenchers & Light Bar, the merv has had the trenchers for awhile.

~ Cheers
    Last edited by XoliteRC; 11-26-2013 at 12:49 AM.
    Summit 1/10th | Mini E-Revo VXL |

RC Champion
    I also run the Trecher X on my Summit and like them very much

Pretty good all around tires. Good for Bashing and pretty decent for Crawling and Trailing too.

RC Enthusiast
    Today I decided to round off the fake beadlock rings on my rims. The sharp outer edge of the ring seems to have cut the tire at two spots on some pretty hard rock crawling I made yesterday.
    So, took off the 4 rings:

And use a Dremel with a fine sandpaper to round off the outer edge. Here on the left is the original ring, and on the right - the rounded one:

And the final result, with the ring mounted back on the rim:

Now it's almost impossible for the ring's edge to cut the tire. An easy and I hope useful mod

And one more thing I made to the truck today - a self-made front skid plate:

The purpose of this is to protect the CV joints and diff side bearings when plowing with the truck through really deep snow or mud. Yesterday on the snow, it was working quite effectively
    Last edited by Sky_Walker; 11-26-2013 at 07:02 AM.

RC Champion
    I had the same issue with those rings cutting into the tire and also made the same mod. It helped a litte but don't expect any miracles. The rubber is just to thin for such a heavy truck.

I was tired of gluing holes almost after every run so i got myself some trencher x Not as much grip as the stock but still pretty decent for crawling and great for bashing too.
    Last edited by soundmaster; 11-26-2013 at 09:38 AM.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by soundmaster View Post
    I also run the Trecher X on my Summit and like them very much

Pretty good all around tires. Good for Bashing and pretty decent for Crawling and Trailing too.
    I do not have anything to compare these tires to other then the one's that come with the summit, the first thing I noticed is they are great for snow drifting the truck! The stock tires seem to do a bit better in deeper snow and climbing some snow mounds. Over all, great tires, when hitting deeper snow, just need some consistent speed.

RC Racer
    snow bash ......... still loving my new dewalt and spc batterys
    Traxxas summit
    Traxxas rustler vxl

RC Racer

Threw some new shoes on it today. ( trencher x's)
    Last edited by Chrisg81983; 11-28-2013 at 06:19 PM.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisg81983 View Post

Nice I use the same

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by soundmaster View Post
    Nice I use the same
    Yeah man they worked out well today... heres a pic of the end result from other days run
    Last edited by Chrisg81983; 11-28-2013 at 07:41 PM.

RC Champion
    Yeah man they worked out well today... heres a pic of the end result from other days run
    Nice mudding

RC Racer
    Summit skating on thin ice ... bashing in light snow ... Mashers did just fine grip wise

RC Competitor

I do enjoy the canyons, however these trencher x's are versatile over all. love drifting with them on the ice. Looking good!