Thread: 3.3 wake up

RC Racer

Question 3.3 wake up

I was wondering if it is true about the 3.3 engine if it will put out more power after it has like a gallon through it or is it after like 10 or 15 tanks through it or I guess is called when it wakes up all the way mine has about 15 tanks at the most maybe even 10 lol lost count after 7 through it I would say just saying if this is true or not so I no mine will put out lil bit more power soon can u tell when it does do it when its fully broken in I always run mine a little rich then most ppl I've seen is this harder on the motor thank you u all I really appreciate it

Ya, it's true. I noticed quite a bit more power around 1.5 gallons.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Racer
    so my 3.3 has a long ways to go before it gets any more power oh and how is this possible I don't get how it could put more power out doesn't motors as they get older put out lest power then when they are brand new

RC Racer
    The is sweet spot as the motor wears.. when its new ther is alot of pinch wich makes it harder for the engine to move past TDC but once it is "broken in" the motor moves more freely thus more power..then eventually it wears to the point it loses compresion thus losing power
    T-MAXX 2.5R
    Slayer Pro
    Revo
    Monster Pirate

Usually it;s somehwere between the 3/4 to 1 gallon mark seems to be when things really wake up.
    Robin Williams
    He will be greatly missed...

RC Racer
    How much do u guys think 10 tanks of gas is maybe 1/4 of a gallon

Depends on the size of the tank…

10 - 125cc TMaxx tanks full would be .33 gallons rounded off.
    No slipper/tall gearing/power = broken parts.

RC Racer
    Ok so it wouldn't be woke up yet then and I got a lil ways to and running it really rich will this make this process slower I probably run my motors a lot richer than most people I think it's like three turns or 3 hafe turns out on the high speed needle haven't ran in a while

Quote Originally Posted by mike t maxx 3.3 View Post
    Ok so it wouldn't be woke up yet then and I got a lil ways to and running it really rich will this make this process slower I probably run my motors a lot richer than most people I think it's like three turns or 3 hafe turns out on the high speed needle haven't ran in a while
    Keep your temps between 210-260 don't run too rich (under 200) that is not good either... It does not allow the engine to expand enough and causes a lot of unneeded strain on the internals...
    Robin Williams

RC Racer
    okay thank you I'll try to keep it above 200 today I ran around I would say 210 225 230 at the most

so do you think the motor is fully woken up yet
    Last edited by Double G; 08-21-2013 at 12:09 PM. Reason: merge, usage of the edit button would be handy

Quote Originally Posted by mike t maxx 3.3 View Post
    okay thank you I'll try to keep it above 200 today I ran around I would say 210 225 230 at the most

so do you think the motor is fully woken up yet
    Newer engines tune will change a little as they wear in, but in that temp range your next step should be looking at smoke trails and performance for tuning, not temps.. Just use temps as a guideline, not a tuning guide...

You'll know when it wakes up, it's rather surprising when it does...

FOr some help with tuning, read over this. http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread....&goto=newpost
    Robin Williams