RC Qualifier

Long lasting tires

I'm looking for pretty much an all terrain type tire that will last a long time for bashing. I don't care about grip or performance or anything like that, just something that will last a good while. Was looking for some suggestions from you guys.

RC Qualifier
    I don't think anything will last longer than stock BFGs. And you can get them dirt cheap, so that's always nice.

RC Racer
    I believe the best for all surface are the stock tires. Others say the praline mediums are good too. Trenches are good tires also. Tires come in super soft soft medium and I'm pretty sure they have "hard". I'm not sure if they are called hard though. The softer ones won't last as long
    So when you buy some get the medium. You also seem to lose some ability when you get hard tires

Just about any after-market tire you get is designed for performance, but that performance increase means the tire compound is softer, which means quicker wear. The stock tires are designed for looks and long wear-life.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    Tranchers are longer wearing than badlands in m2 compound(prolines medium). Have been hearing good things about the durability of duratrax's sct line up. The more rubber that touches the ground will last longer, but may perform worse in loose dirt...
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Qualifier
    if your not worried about the performance just want a tire that last long time just get the stock ones ... dollarhobbyz has them as low as $24.22 hers a link cheapest I know of for stock tires...

http://www.dollarhobbyz.com/servlet/...-*TIRES/Detail

okay just seen those out of stock but search slash and slash 4x4 there are several ones going from 24 to 34 a set of 4 thats cheap
    Last edited by Timber211; 08-20-2013 at 10:11 PM.
    Let's Go Steelers!!!... KCCO

RC Racer
    if you ARE worried about performance you really cant go wrong with the BFG stockers, but i recommend different rims, as mine cracked very easily and now i CANT USE THEM GAWDANGIT!
    "Do not think this ends here..."
    -Ganondorf

okay just seen those out of stock but search slash and slash 4x4 there are several ones going from 24 to 34 a set of 4 thats cheap
    That is cheap but the 4x4 rims are all the same offset and the 2wd aren't, the fronts have more.
    If you want correct wheel track you have to re-glue them on the 2wd front rims.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC Qualifier
    Whats the cheapest place you guys know of to buy the tires?? not the pre-mounts.

RC Qualifier
    BFGs will be cheaper as pre-mounts from a part-out house than they would buying them anywhere unmounted. It's easy to get them off the rims, though-- 20 minutes in a toaster oven and they pop right off.

RC Champion
    Tower hobbies has the for around $12-16 / pair non-mounted.

RC Qualifier
    My vote is for the stockers, they last a long time as long as you don't do full throttle donuts on the roughest asphalt you can find. Any tire in those conditions will wear down really fast. I have had my stockers for over a year and they are about to slicks, but I do most of my driving on hard pavement.
    Slash VXL
    Rustler Hobbywing
    Summit 1/16 VXL

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Jws1982 View Post
    Tower hobbies has the for around $12-16 / pair non-mounted.
    Unmounted BFGs on Tower are $17.99 a pair. A full set of premounts from the Raptor is $28 on Dollarhobbyz.