RC Qualifier

My Friend's Foaming At The Mouth

My friend & I went out, and ran our boats again. The water temp was 80 degrees. I ran all day using 6s 8,000mah & 10,000mah batteries. I lubed up every other run, and all my temps were no more than 112 degrees. My friend is foaming at the mouth for me to mod his boat up like mine. He being my friend and all, I will. But in the mean time, I've been giving him a hard time by telling him that he's not big and bad enough to have a boat like mine. (lol)
    Anyway, we're having a ball running them together.

Cooling Mod:

Lube Mod:

RC Qualifier
    What's the lube mod all about?

RC Qualifier
    The brass tube that the flex shaft fits into (from the factory) is connected to the bracket (I don't know the right name) that holds the propeller. That way, I don't loose all my grease at the rubber grommet due to the flex shafts' screwing effect.

RC Qualifier
    Hmmm. So you replaced the bushing in the strut with brass tubing?

RC Qualifier
    Im confused at what Im seeing in picture #1. What are the cooling lines running into?? The computer chip thing on the reciever????

RC Enthusiast
    Mmm I'm not sure what I'm looking at...... But it works and looks mint.

RC Qualifier
    The computer chip looking thing is a Castle Creations CapPack. The cooling lines are running into little things that cool the capacitors on the cap pack and the capacitors on the ESC. I remember his thread on that when he first did it.

RC Qualifier
    Your a good boy F-R, and you're absolutely right...and you have a good memory too. I was trying to answer these guys questions without bringing up an old post. I don't think the Big Boys like it when people do that, and I didn't want to get yelled at with Red writting.

RC Enthusiast
    Cool thanks !!!!

RC Qualifier
    So no issues at all ad all you run is 6s? I think Im going to need to get me one of those cap packs.

RC Qualifier
    I did several things:
    1) Shortened ESU wires to 2 1/2 inches
    2) Shortened Battery wires to 2 1/4 inches
    3) Installed the OSE aluminum cooling jacket for the motor & the OSE dual port rudder
    4) installed the Castle CC Cap Pack
    5) Made & installed water cooled heat sinks for the Castle CC Cap Pack & the Castle ESC

With that, I haven't had any trouble & have been able to play as I want. I will say though, that I don't run in salt water or high wind conditions.
    Last edited by ReglarDude; 09-03-2013 at 02:42 PM.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by ReglarDude View Post
    I did several things:
    1) Shortened ESU wires to 2 1/2 inches
    2) Shortened Battery wires to 2 1/4 inches
    3) Installed the OSE aluminum cooling jacket for the motor & the OSE dual port rudder
    4) installed the Castle CC Cap Pack
    5) Made & installed water cooled heat sinks for the Castle CC Cap Pack & the Castle ESC

With that, I haven't had any trouble & have been able to play as I want. I will say though, that I don't run in salt water or high wind conditions.
    what did you use and how was the CC Cap cooling heat sink made
    MMM/2650, E-maxx Body=FUN !
    3 Slash 4x4
    Pede 4x4

RC Qualifier
    I used brass for my heat sinks & I posted step by step pictures on how to make them. I posted pictures on everything I did to my Spartan.When you get a chance, you should do a search on me ReglarDude & check-em out.