RC poster

Does anyone know if I can send in my E Revo to Traxxis to be fixed?

I have an E Revo Brushless and have had an amazing fun time with it...the other day it experienced a pretty damaging crash and damaged the main chassis with the built in tray that holds one of the front cervos. It appears by the damage that all of the components are going to have to come off and be replaced on the chassis of the vehicle. And on rebuild we would possibly use an aluminum chassis. We just dont have time to repair. Does anyone know of a certified Traxxis shop where we can have it reconstructed or rebuilt?

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    Welcome.....I don't think you can send the whole truck but, you can buy parts and replace it yourself......start wrenching my friend, it's a good way to learn by doing the fixing yourself.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

RC Champion
    There aren't any Traxxas certified shops and Traxxas won't repair it. Some hobby shops do repairs but they're expensive and in my opinion you should never use them. It's always best to do it yourself. I know it seems like a lot of work but it's really not and you'll learn a lot by doing it yourself. Just take your time and use the exploded views here on the website.
    I need R/Cers anonymous.

RC Qualifier
    1 word TRAXXAS, but other than that like stated above it is best to fix your cars yourself.
    Slugs are just naturally aspirated snails

RC poster
    I am. the repair manager at hobby town USA tallahassee, fl. You can send it in for repair. Pm me for more details.

Travis
    HTU

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by flagrevo View Post
    I have an E Revo Brushless and have had an amazing fun time with it...the other day it experienced a pretty damaging crash and damaged the main chassis with the built in tray that holds one of the front cervos. It appears by the damage that all of the components are going to have to come off and be replaced on the chassis of the vehicle. And on rebuild we would possibly use an aluminum chassis. We just dont have time to repair. Does anyone know of a certified Traxxis shop where we can have it reconstructed or rebuilt?
    Where are you located? I have three shops within 15 min from my house. Two of which do a lot of work on various cars/trucks and one that does minor stuff. I mean even if you had to ship it. Isn't there any place near you? Or a local fellow RC'er that could use some cash?

It is better if you can do it yourself. It's not nearly as bad as it seems once you actually start doing it. Besides, if you intend to keep having fun running it, you will have need for even more repairs and replacing worn parts.

I prefer to do my own work, but sometimes just take it to the shop because I have very little time or work space. And the fact it's only 5 min from my house makes it way to convenient.
    Last edited by Flyextreme; 08-20-2013 at 01:52 AM.

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Go to the ERevo Products page, choose your model, then downloads, and lastly the Exploded View. They are all PDF format so you can either save them to your PC or print them out.

Not to cut the HS help out, but you need to learn by doing, unless you are mechanically inclined. I'd say at least try and get your hands dirty and locate the broken pieces and replace them. You will find that the parts are fairly cheap and doing the work is quite easy.

Post of pic of your carnage and we can probably help ya.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC poster
    I spoke to TRAXXIS customer support this morning and they indicated that they will repair yet as many of you indicated it is usually (99% of the time) faster & cheaper to go through a local hobby shop.

FYI- Traxxis will evaluate the damage and let us know for free yet anything beyond that there are charges (i.e. shipping, repairs, parts, etc).

They charge $45/hour PLUS PARTS COST & SHIPPING $$$ to repair.

They sent me an email with an RMA # and instructions on how to send to them IF we decide to go that route. We will probably have a local repair shop fix.

Still look forward to any other options or if there is anyone on here in our area of Flagstaff, AZ?

There are several build threads, on the forums that will just about walk you thru a full rebuild........... Hint break the truck down in two halves, Front & Rear, start screws back into the parts as they come off, makes it easier & faster when you put the truck back together...

here is mine
    Project SumRevo
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...922029-SumRevo
    Project URTOAST
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...=1#post5329137
    Project Bad to the bone
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...=1#post5425613
    My basher Revo in current tear down
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...=1#post5562646
    Last edited by 87 GN; 08-20-2013 at 01:52 PM.
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Champion
    I wouldn't mess with it. You could put your diff in upside down and stretch your chassis.

I'm the self certified repairman at my garage. I have an open slot this week, I could squeeze you in. I charge $40.00/hour plus parts and shipping.

RC Champion
    I can do the repair for $75 flat rate. You would just pay shipping both ways and the cost of the parts required to fix the vehicle.
    Depending on where you are, shipping and insurance can be expensive, I am on the east coast.
    ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by BL-Bob View Post
    I'm the self certified repairman at my garage.
    Aren't we all.

Just take it apart and fix it yourself. This truck is not complex. It is held together with a handful screws and bolts. If undergoing this task is overwhelming, you may want to look into a new hobby. I spend more time breaking, rebuilding, and repairing than actually driving them. I can't imagine paying someone else to work on it.

Post up some pictures and we can tell you exactly what you need.
    Big Air Don't Care

RC Champion
    If you lived by me. I'd do it for something to do. Wouldn't cost you anything but the whole story of what happened, lol. Honestly you would benefit more by finding the time to rebuild the rc. It is almost a must in this hobby. As mentioned above post some pics of damage. We can tell you exactly what you need to order.
    I'm not krazy. My mother had me tested.

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    I totally agree with 87gn and babby. It's not going to hurt you to bust into it. Look at the downloadable drawings, take it a part in pieces, then put the screws back in their spot. This will learn you all about the truck. Many good guys here to help you along the way.

Not pushing you away from the repair guys, but you will never learn anything.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    A friend hit a car tire with mine and broke It in two. I had never torn into my erevo. That being said. It took me around two hours to do a chassis swap and replace some other parts that were broken in the crash. Its reall pretty simple and if you take your time it will be finished before you know it. Matter of fact I did mine while my two year old boy took a nap! Lol

Edit: also, the new chassis is something like 16 $ shipped to your door if you live in north america. So you will spend way more in labor than in parts.
    Last edited by the finisher; 08-20-2013 at 05:48 PM.
    addicted much....

Reread the first post.......as for an alum chassis I'm not saying no, but that is a whole new can of worms. Stick with the stock plastic chassis...
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Racer
    There is a certain satisfaction to doing it yourself. I recall the first time I had to rebuild the head on my heli and that freaked me out because of the need for precision. But once I bucked up and did it, it was actually quite easy, sorta fun, and I felt real good about it. Cars/trucks are far easier.
    Last edited by Flyextreme; 08-21-2013 at 02:43 AM.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by flagrevo View Post
    PM replied