RC poster

Is it safe to attempt drifting in my stampede?

I read about that if you cover the treads of your tires in duct tape, it would be easier to drift? I tried to find some info on that but couldn't find a whole lot.

Anyone have any suggestions?

RC Qualifier
    Does it work- sorta I would recommend getting four drift car tires like these-
    http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...d=310723897068

If there is another better way will someone please tell me also

RC Qualifier
    I brought my truck to work today and the loading dock is painted with floor paint. It was slippery enough where you could do controlled slides. The body roll made it hard to do a sustained drift. Short drifts or complete spinouts is all I was able to do.

RC Qualifier
    Find some old stock chevron tread tires that have been chewed down to the nub. They had poor grip to begin with and you could drift right out of the box. Without tread on them they are slick enough to do some nice controlled drifting. When I got new tires on my pede I had to totally adjust the way I drove the thing because I was so use to not having traction on the worn out chevrons. I also didn't have any foam in the rears.

RC Qualifier
    Use masking tape and a couple layers. I remember some guy on the internet doing it and posting a vid, its been awhile but it looked pretty cool for sure.

RC Racer
    You can use PVC pipe also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Thefixxer73 View Post
    Find some old stock chevron tread tires that have been chewed down to the nub. They had poor grip to begin with and you could drift right out of the box. Without tread on them they are slick enough to do some nice controlled drifting. When I got new tires on my pede I had to totally adjust the way I drove the thing because I was so use to not having traction on the worn out chevrons. I also didn't have any foam in the rears.
    This is absolutely true. I have the stock talons on my pede right now and it will slide whenever you ask it to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Kid at heart......and always playin around

RC poster
    Thanks for the info guys.

RC Qualifier
    I've almost got mine stock talons down to slicks...can't wait for them to go bald! Hehehe
    Never trust a fart.

RC Enthusiast
    on a wet surface with bad tires and a good battery you probably drift too much
    Pass them Juan at a time.

RC Enthusiast
    Also the duct tape works but not that well on places like your drive way or dirt. My friend tried it with the standard monster jam tires in my basement (cement and foam floor covers or whatever they are) and it worked great.
    Pass them Juan at a time.