RC Champion

Anybody Still Up and Running???

The QR-1 thread has seemed to slow down quite a bit just wondering if anyones qr-1 or dr-1 is still going good???

My QR-1 has been thru the gates of...well we all know where im going with this but after a new body...new transmitter(daugher broke my throttle control stick) and some blown motors the QR-1 has been up and going for some time now.

Just seeing if you guys gave up on these models or have they gotten boring?
    Last edited by G-Rustler; 08-13-2013 at 02:27 PM.

My QR-1 still flies just fine. I have replaced one motor and some blades but that has been it.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Champion
    yea i forgot to add i had to replace some blades too. actually i got like a set of 25 blades for $10 here on the marketplace. all different colors

RC Qualifier
    I use my Dr-1 usually every few days, no replacement parts needed yet....knock knock
    Castle powered Spartan
    KB Gymkhana
    Rustler vxl

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Got bored...
    200, 202, 420, humor 404, 301 to rc10talk, 410.

RC Qualifier
    Still using mine - i work for a church that has a hall with a nice high roof and so it's loads of fun. Have had to replace a few blades and two motors from crashes, and that's it :-)

RC Qualifier
    I picked up my first Dr-1 about 2 weeks ago. And honestly not too impressed with it. The little bugger is hard t control I find. I have 2 "other"(dual rotor) helis and they are much easier. Ive tried many times to adjust the trim settings to get it to hold still lol, and even reset factory settings. Ive tried normal and expert settings (as I know how to fly) but it drifts all over in a closed space (shop). Kinda regreting buying this product, which is the first time I can say that in owning over 10 Traxxas products.
    E-REVO MMM - Stampede 4x4 6s/3s

RC Champion
    I've been flying my QR-1 a lot this year and really like it. I have a total of 16 batteries
    Last edited by Dadx2mj; 08-24-2013 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Non Traxxas Content
    ***You Build It ...I'll Jump It!!!*** OS .18 TZ; Trinity Pipe; HCR Titanium Skid Plates & Bumpers; Futaba S9450 Throttle Servo; Airtronics 94358Z Steering Servo; RPM A-arms & Knuckles; FOC; Lunsford Titanium Hinge Pins,Turnbuckles, Push Rods & Rocker Posts; New Era Roll Bar & Engine Mount; Proline Mashers on Velocity Rims.

RC Qualifier
    A long time ago in a galaxy far far away...
    I have had to send it in and get a total of 4 motors replaced, still need to send it in again, which'll be 6 motors total. And a few blades.
    Drive. Crash. Fix. Repeat.

RC Qualifier
    Just ordered a used one today.. Enjoyed having a heli in the past. Will see how much I like it. Hoping its a good winter toy.
    2x Stampede VXL
    Stampede 4x4

RC Champion
    my dr-1 is down. tierd of replaceing the fry bar every couple flights or so.

fireman :i know what you mean .no matter what you do you just cant get to stay on spot.......seems like the acelarometers arn't all that good.
    summit /mustang /stampede-2s spc lipo

RC Champion
    Funny as it may sound, I put mine in expert mode. Once I done that it will hold steady, it will still drift but nothing like it does in normal mode.

I've replaced my fry bar 3 or 4 times but I bought this tubing from tower and just cut it when needed.
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXSU39&P=ML
    Revo 2.5R T-Maxx 2.5
    1/16 Revo VXL QR-1 and DR-1

RC poster
    My QR1 is a paper weight. see my post http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...yer-Beware-QR1

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxxMan View Post
    Funny as it may sound, I put mine in expert mode. Once I done that it will hold steady, it will still drift but nothing like it does in normal mode.

I've replaced my fry bar 3 or 4 times but I bought this tubing from tower and just cut it when needed.
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXSU39&P=ML

thats what i mean about it not staying on spot just a little drift......still havent touched the dr-1
    summit /mustang /stampede-2s spc lipo