Thread: twitchy servo

RC Qualifier

twitchy servo

I was running my spartan today and hooked a fresh pack of lipos up after the first run and my servo was twitchy. It was like it was vibrating and buzzing. I messed with the trim on the tx and it kinda helped... I also noticed that the servo was kinda moving slow....
    Whats the issue?
    Im using tqi tx/rx
    stock servo
    Is there an upgrade servo if needed?

RC Racer
    I had the same problem. I replaced the servo, and its been fine since. I'm not sure if this link will work, but check out my old thread. http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...49-Little-help

RC Qualifier
    Thanks!!!!

RC Qualifier
    A little amount of water in the servo can cause this. you can take them apart and dry them out. When taking them apart there are a couple of lock tabs inside you have to release. I seal the wires and the screws with black liquid electrical tape and this keeps them totally waterproof.

RC Qualifier
    I have had the same problem after I flipped my boat, I assume it's caused my moisture inside. I run in Salt water and ONLY saltwater so my boat is a bit more used than others. I just replace them, I have about 3 new ones on hand so anytime anywhere.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartanator View Post
    I have had the same problem after I flipped my boat, I assume it's caused my moisture inside. I run in Salt water and ONLY saltwater so my boat is a bit more used than others. I just replace them, I have about 3 new ones on hand so anytime anywhere.
    Add the liquid electrical tape and you will not have to replace them again

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by SJS View Post
    Add the liquid electrical tape and you will not have to replace them again
    Where do I add it??

RC Qualifier
    the water leaks in through the wires so coat the wires and the black rubber boot the wires pass through. I also put some on the screw heads on the servo bottom.