Thread: new to nitro

RC poster

new to nitro

i am new and i bought a n pede and i coverted it to a 2.5r and i want advice or just things to keep in mind
    and my truck wont stop it just keeps going when i let offf like to gas is still going how can i fix that?

Is your idle speed set too high? That could cause your truck to continue driving after you have let off from the throttle. Your throttle / brake linkages are all setup properly, correct?

As for general tips, that's a pretty broad category! That said, here are a few from me (in no particular order):

1) Keep your truck clean.
    2) Clean the air filter regularly.
    3) Perform proper after-run procedures.
    4) Always tune with only a half tank of fuel.
    5) Tune by performance, but always make sure that you've got a good amount of smoke coming out of the exhaust and that your temperatures are within proper spec.
    6) Always have at least one spare glow plug on hand.
    7) Always ensure that your receiver pack has enough juice in it.
    8) A fail safe is highly recommended to prevent runaways.

That is not even close to an exhaustive list, but it's what I threw together in a minute for you. You can find a ton of other information here on the forums!
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC poster
    thanks bro i will keep that in mind
    and the throttle trim was way to far on so i turned it down

Tune in small increments.
    Tune with no more than 1/2 a tank of fuel (helps due to the fact most Nitros will lean up a bit as the fuel level drops).
    Always clean your cooling head and around your engine BEFORE you performs your after run maintenance. One grain of sand dropping into the carb or glow plug hole and your engine will come to an early grave...

A handheld temp gauge is highly recommended just to get you into the ball park of your tuning... It's used to prevent overly high or low temps...

Go over your owners manual thoroughly, when you think you've got it, go over it again, especially the part about the carb and tuning and mixtures...

Get your tuning skills down before you go jumping into power upgrades like exhausts etc.. And if you have a question feel free to post here, very good info and people on this site....

Combine it with this sticky and you should be well on your way NN

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread....&goto=newpost
    Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitronaught View Post
    Tune in small increments.
    Tune with no more than 1/2 a tank of fuel (helps due to the fact most Nitros will lean up a bit as the fuel level drops).
    Always clean your cooling head and around your engine BEFORE you performs your after run maintenance. One grain of sand dropping into the carb or glow plug hole and your engine will come to an early grave...

A handheld temp gauge is highly recommended just to get you into the ball park of your tuning... It's used to prevent overly high or low temps...

Go over your owners manual thoroughly, when you think you've got it, go over it again, especially the part about the carb and tuning and mixtures...

Get your tuning skills down before you go jumping into power upgrades like exhausts etc.. And if you have a question feel free to post here, very good info and people on this site....

Combine it with this sticky and you should be well on your way NN

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread....&goto=newpost
    thanks man you are very helpful and if i do say it you are a great moderator with helping people understand what they do wrong thanks