RC Qualifier

How many of you guys run 6s?

Hey,
    I just ordered 4 2s lipos and 4 3s lipos. I did that so I can run 4s, 5s, or 6s.

After doing research many people say that the stock system cant handle 6s?????????

And the people that have said they run 6s, they responses have been that theyre lucky and its just a matter of time until something breaks (esc or motor)

How many of you guys run 6s and how often?
    What are your temps? Mods?
    Also how old is your spartan? V1 or V2?

Thanks

RC Racer
    I have the v2 and I only run 6s. I've had some problems, but I don't believe it's ever been caused from the higher voltage. I have a 5" dual pickup rudder, metal cooling jacket, adjustable tabs and a CNC prop.

RC Racer
    I have the boat and I run 6s in mine and I have not had any problems. No upgrades.

E-Maxx and Spartan

RC Racer
    I run mine on 6s. I have dual pick up rudder and aluminum cooling jacket and no problems.

E-Maxx. Spartan. 4x4 slash. 2x4 slash x 3. Mini revo and summit
    E-Maxx kershaw 700`s 4x2 slash 4x4 slash vxl

RC Qualifier
    I run 4, 5, and 6S
    Both Spartans are modified.

There have been issues with burned up ESC's and the risk is higher when pushing components to the max.

If running 6S on stock components, take steps to keep from putting additional strain on the components, like not propping up to larger props, etc.

hog

RC Champion
    Tried 6s once, stock boat, flipped it over backwards, lost the lid.

Since then running 4s with 2200 motor, 5" dual rudder 42x55 grimracer and love it, speed is slower than 6s stk but cant be farr off.
    MMM/2650, E-maxx Body=FUN !
    3 Slash 4x4
    Pede 4x4

RC Qualifier
    i bought mine when they first came out, my ESC got fried. so now I have the version 2 castle ESC and motor. I run 6s and haven't had any problems. I have an octura x442 prop, OSE aluminum cooling jacket and I modified the stock rudder for more flow to the electrics. I haven't seen the need to upgrade the prop yet, but a lot of folks do. I find that my running @ WOT will def increase your temps compared to if you run a smooth throttle, and not wide open. It also warms things up a lot if you constantly slow down then just mash the trigger, those spikes will increase heat. Have fun with it!
    Castle powered Spartan
    KB Gymkhana
    Rustler vxl

RC Qualifier
    I have the v2, and I only run 6s. My boat is all stock except for my cooling system, and strut mod. This is my third season with it, and without any problems (knock on wood).

RC Enthusiast
    where do you guys buy your aftermarket props, cooling jackets, cooling lines etc?

is there some shop I can call that has knowledge and can ship me the parts? I ordered 2 3S batteries, and just want to upgrade cooling and go just a litter more aggresive then stock on the prop but not one that I have to sharpen
    Last edited by Double G; 08-14-2013 at 03:10 PM. Reason: banned brand name again

RC Qualifier
    I would suggest OSE, which is offshoreelectrics. I bought my Octura X442 prop and aluminum cooling jacket from them, they will even sharpen & balance the prop if you need them too...for a fee of course.
    Castle powered Spartan
    KB Gymkhana
    Rustler vxl

RC Champion
    OSE except prop, found cheapest for grimracer on e-bay
    MMM/2650, E-maxx Body=FUN !
    3 Slash 4x4
    Pede 4x4

RC Enthusiast
    Stupid question,,,if you buy prop and pay to have it balanced and sharpened.....will it ever need to be sharpened again? As in if you are very careful and never ground it in shallow water,,,and protect it out of the water.....is it sharp for life?

Oh geeze this may be a dumb question

RC Qualifier
    Basically yes,
    Unless it is damaged by physical impact, I think it would take 2 lifetimes or more to wear out a prop.

It is possible to loose your prop if you break a flex cable.

hog