RC Racer

center diff question

well i have been toying around with the center diff in my rally and i melted the stock one right off the bat then i up graded to the FAST LANE ALUMINUM CENTER DIFF CUP and it held up for a month or so but it went out on me this last weekend.. it has a lot of play in the out put shaft that the drive shaft is connected to. i took it apart the gears all look fine just the housing seems to have rounded out some how.. anyone els have this problem? that and is there any other center diffs out there that are known to be bullet proof. im running mm2/2650 combo on 3s and 4s.

RC Champion
    If say you destroyed the center diffs because you're running too strong of a motor/ESC for them. They're meant more for 2s operation.

RC Racer
    even the aluminum dif is only meant for 2s ?

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    Yes, the flm diff will eventually wear out. 3s will make it happen very fast. Until they find a way to put some kind of big bearing in there(impossible), it will only last on 2s, but not too long.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC poster
    Kings head motor mount has an oversized bearing...keeps things nice and strong in there....had flm diff for there for three years with no issues at all