RC Enthusiast

hop ups and bodies

Hey guys, i'm looking for a diffrent body for my slayer pro 4x4 but i can only seem to find bodies that fit the slash 2WD and 4x4 also not alot of tyres for this truck and other hop ups anyone of you guys have an idea of what there is availible on the market for it?

RC poster
    I'm interested in a new body but can't decide on a proline or clear stock.

RC Enthusiast
    i would take a clear body so you can do your own thing but the problem is i can't find a lot of them so i don't see much different bodies that would fit my slayer and even aftermarket stuff only by traxxas so ... if i can only find traxxas stuff it aint worth it buying a body since it'll still look the same only different color

Look at bodies for the 3.3 Revo. The revo uses the same chassis as the slayer pro.
    I wanted to put a really cool signature but I ran

RC Enthusiast
    yeah but the revo isnt the style i am looking for i'm wanting to keep the SC style bt just a diffrent look of the body and something i can paint myself but i have found another problem.

I'm pretty confused about how the darn things are measured :s

RC Enthusiast
    update: i found the pro line flo-tek body that proline discontinued in a shop in the UK and has been shipped to me yesterday expecting everything i ordered there somewhere next week

Yep the Proline Flo-Tek fits pretty decent if you can find em. I have one on my E-SlayerPro4x4. Fits great.
    Another option that fits a tad on the large side of things is the SC8/SC8e body.
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

RC Enthusiast
    yeah the Flo-tek is sucha shame that proline discontinued it now just waiting for the bodies to arrive the SC8 body is an option but when you crash the bumper is now behind the shell and there is still space so it'll crack easely so its an option if you only drive on a flat surface and don't do wild things with it

I dont think i ever ended up with the bumper behind the shell on my SC8 body. Then again i trimmed the bumper so that i could lower the body and it fit very well to the bumper. Had it a bit lower than this in the end, no problems at all.
    Other people have mounted it a bit different though, so that may have led to some of their issues.

RC Enthusiast
    it looks cool but if you didn't trim the bumpers it would go over. still need to buy a bit more supplies before i can paint my first shell still need everything to airbrush that thing but it's already cut out

I have seen people mount the body ahead of the bumper as well.

Sent from my phone to you. #KCCO

RC Enthusiast
    it looks ugly though :s

All comes down to personal preference. Would be much better if there was more options. The Flotek works great but you almost need to run original slayer arms to avoid rubbing.

Sent from my phone to you. #KCCO

RC Enthusiast
    we'll see still have to put the body post holes and the EZ start hole into the body aswell so i can check the clearence on it and got some other stuff to do before i paint it so

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarefox View Post
    we'll see still have to put the body post holes and the EZ start hole into the body aswell so i can check the clearence on it and got some other stuff to do before i paint it so
    Isn't that the same as the Proline bodies for the Slash 4x4, they will fit but you have to cut the holes for them?

RC Enthusiast
    nope the slayer pro is longer and wider than the slash 4x4