RC Qualifier

Why wasn't this launched by LaTrax

The old/new brand from the father was nostalgic and aimed at lower price points. I thought this was a great idea. Get more people hooked and eventually they upgrade to the TRX hobby brand. A summit/Pede hybrid seemed a good fit for that strategy. Guessing retail after launch will be a bit above $200 so that may be the answer to my question.

I do think it offers a pretty exciting/simple power train, but wonder if this is a reason for not launching VXL option.

I think it will be a winner for TRAXXAS, just observing recent product launches and trying to draw something form them. I hope they have something more exciting waiting in R&D and haven't changed strategy. Their last high-end probably didn't meet sales expectations. Full disclosure, I have an XO-1 and it is AWESOME! Intense driving experience.
    RSR
    KPGC treasurer (& BuRPS addict)

I just don't see thus as being any more of a beginner's RC as the Monster Jam Pedes or the brushed 2x4 Slashes, I just look at it being different.

But, if it is aimed at beginners, they likely did not put the LaTrax name on it because it is based off of an existing Traxxas platform.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
    I just don't see thus as being any more of a beginner's RC as the Monster Jam Pedes or the brushed 2x4 Slashes, I just look at it being different.

But, if it is aimed at beginners, they likely did not put the LaTrax name on it because it is based off of an existing Traxxas platform.
    I agree. I don't think it's aimed at being an entry level vehicle. The only thing that's really entry level is the plastic links instead of turnbuckles.

As for latrax using Traxxas parts, they already are. They're using Traxxas electronics just changing the name.

RC Qualifier
    Correct me if I am wrong please but I thought latrax was basically a subsidiary or at least a closely family linked co. It was his dad's brand, whick is really cool btw. As far as beginner, well no more than some others you mentioned, but the alt brand wasn't around then. As far as serious trail runner stock @ $3, respectfully others are ahead.
    RSR

RC Champion
    Why would this have been launched by LaTrax? Its design is nothing more than a mix-match of existing Traxxas parts...minus the body of course.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsawacs View Post
    Why would this have been launched by LaTrax? Its design is nothing more than a mix-match of existing Traxxas parts...minus the body of course.
    What does that have to do with it? My point was simply this is better suited to the low cost "beginner" brand.
    RSR

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    Its pretty simple. Latrax has always been on road vehicles only. They obviously want to keep it that way... I seriously doubt they will ever release an off road vehicle. I also don't think Latrax is going to be a "beginner" name. Cant wait for a 1/10 touring car...
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    Its pretty simple. Latrax has always been on road vehicles only. They obviously want to keep it that way... I seriously doubt they will ever release an off road vehicle. I also don't think Latrax is going to be a "beginner" name. Cant wait for a 1/10 touring car...
    Well that statement is just plain wrong. LaTrax had an off road buggy at least. $150 rtr with radio shack shocks looks pretty beginner to me and the 1/10 touring already exists in the TRX stable at too high a price point.

RC Qualifier

I want one!

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post

id say that the tellride was meant to be launched by traxxas because traxxas doesnt have a rock crawler and the mj models are not beginers models unless you put them in training and 50/50 i have mine in sport and 70/30 and its still hard to control on loose stuff

RC Qualifier
    Good point devon, although I have trouble calling this a crawler. Definately a trail truck in my view. The $150 w/ radio shack shocks was directed at the Latrax rally not the mj's.

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    I had a high fever when I posted that, and I knew about the buggy. I dont remember posting it. Too much nyquill I suppose. My bust.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???