RC Racer

Question Is anyone using a Sway bar kit

I'm getting ready to click the buy button for a XO-1. I was just wondering if I should order a sway bar kit to install on the XO? I realize my ERBE is a completely different animal, but the sway bars I out on it made a huge difference in handling. Is this the case with the XO? Is it ok with out it?

Thanks, Bill

RC Champion
    Unless you're cornering, you'll only need the front sway bar

RC poster
    I have the sway bar kit and its ok. I also changed the rear diff oil to 30,000k which really helped. I also did some mods on tightening up up the steering.

Not sure where you live either but set yourself up with a nice spare parts kit. I bash my car and waiting a week to get back on the road is frustrating. Not to mention the two local shops near me do not stock any XO-1 parts.

RC Racer
    I went ahead and ordered the SB with the XO. I will most likely install it any way if it won't have any adverse effect. I have been reading up on tightening things up on the steering. It seems like slop is one of the first things that need to be addressed.

I have 3 LHS within 15 min with extensive car/truck sections. The one I use is maybe 5min from me and car specific, so getting parts is not an issue what so ever. Having more than one car helps keep me driving something at least. Free time is in short supply though

RC Enthusiast
    I tried driving the xo-1 without and with the sway bars. With makes the car firmer and more responsive to turns. That's my opinion which I believe most people here will tell you.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by panasonicht75 View Post
    I tried driving the xo-1 without and with the sway bars. With makes the car firmer and more responsive to turns. That's my opinion which I believe most people here will tell you.
    That's more or less what I expected. I will likely install them unless there's some adverse effect from doing so. I suppose I should take it for a spin without them first just for comparison.

Is there any down side to using sway bars?

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyextreme View Post
    That's more or less what I expected. I will likely install them unless there's some adverse effect from doing so. I suppose I should take it for a spin without them first just for comparison.

Is there any down side to using sway bars?
    The turns are sharper so there is a danger of you turning the car more than you want, resulting in possible flips at high speed. Then again, I think you should increase your speed runs in stages. Get the hang of the car and its driveability first.

RC Enthusiast
    I am using the chrome (less stiff) sway bars & find that your able to drift in & out of turns nicely, & able to correct easier coming out of the corners. The black sway bars are very stiff & too tight for my type of driving. I am driving on a super smooth asphalt course with no cracks, fresh pavement.