RC Qualifier

Broke a drive shaft today

I was doing some mild jumps and speed runs.. I didnt exceed 30 mph but the driveshaft snapped off of the pin. Is there any way to prevent this. I was easy on the throttle and my jumps were curb jumps.. Nothing major
    Cars: erevo vxl, 1/16 summit, stampede vxl, tmaxx

Could have been wore out... my 1/10 Summit shafts snap when they get pretty wore too even with proper slipper settings.

Stock Revo shafts are stronger for the 1/16ths... might want to replace them with those.
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC Qualifier
    Ok thanks ya I was surprised because I've had a summit for 2 years and nothing like that has ever happened
    Cars: erevo vxl, 1/16 summit, stampede vxl, tmaxx

RC Qualifier
    Just change out for revo as you break them and Make sure you release the throttle whenever you land or are about to hit something

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by revomaxx2223 View Post
    I was doing some mild jumps and speed runs.. I didnt exceed 30 mph but the driveshaft snapped off of the pin. Is there any way to prevent this. I was easy on the throttle and my jumps were curb jumps.. Nothing major
    Here is where I got my replacements. http://www.dollarhobbyz.com/servlet/...evo-VXL/Detail You get the whole set of 4 drive shafts, center drive shafts and the best part they give you the axles, new pins, screws, and hubs. The price is about what you will pay for 2 drive shafts at the LHS. When mine broke I replaced all 4 at the same time. Be careful with the grub screws that connect the drive shafts to the diffs. I stripped out 2 trying to get them out. Make sure your hex drivers fit the screw. I have now have 4 sets of different drivers and one driver would fit one screw well but not another and I now check the different drivers to the screw to make sure they fit. I guess not all screws and drivers are the same dimensions.
    "Better Old and Devious than Young and Exuberant"