RC poster

New Jato Turn over problems!!!!!!

I literally bought a brand new Jato this morning. Ran one tank of gas through it for the break in. Went out after 20mins to try and get the second tank through. Wouldnt tun over. So eventually after continuing to try I flooded the engine. So i let it sit for about and hour and a half. Took out the glow plug and made sure it was dry. Now that i went to go run the second break in tank through the ez wand wont pick up the glow plug only the engine light comes on. And i checked all the wiring nothing looks to be shorted or showing wire. Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RC Qualifier
    remove the glow plug from the engine, connect the EZ start wire to the glow plug and touch the threaded end to the engine, is the coil glowing?
    Traxxas please sell kits!

RC poster
    I tried that already and no nothing happened. I called traxxas and they said i may have blown a fuse?

RC Racer
    A blown fuse? I didnt know the ez start had a fuse.. smh
    Let us know what happens

RC Qualifier
    You probably just need a new glow plug. Sometimes they last for many hours and sometimes they're bad when you buy them. I always get at least two, because you never know. During break-in it needs to be a little rich and that can be hard on plugs. Once I learned to tune and started using pull starts, there's only two things that stop my nitro's from starting. A dirty owb and a bad glow plug. If it's actually turning over when I pull the cord and it don't start after a couple of pulls. I change the glow plug and it fires right up. I've gone thru as many as six in one day. At my home track I find myself running them a little lean sometimes and at the hobby store's track I like it a little rich. Both of which are hard on glow plugs.

RC poster
    Yeah I tried the extra glow plug they give you. Nothing happens with it either. They said that they are sending me a part for free that he thinks will fix it. Problem is it'll take a week for me to break in my brand new jato now not a good experience so far.

RC Qualifier
    I didn't keep any of the easy starts long enough to know to much about them, but like jeanethics I didn't know there was a fuse anywhere. I've never seen one and I've had everything torn completely down at one time or another, even the wand. But it has been like 7 months since I've bought a new Traxxas and the new ones could have one somewhere. I'm sure the guys at Traxxas know more about them than I ever will.

Stay with it, once you get the bugs worked out the Jato is a beast. It's the fastest on/off road truck Traxxas ever made. I drive mine more than all of my other trucks combined. It smokes them all.
    Last edited by Mark Ball; 08-09-2013 at 09:44 PM.

RC poster
    Yeah I can't wait to run it all out. Im starting to find out people arent very trusting of the ez start. Saying its much more reliable to take it off and use a glow plug igniter. What's your opinion on taking the ez start off and using the old fashioned way. I'm new to nitro so I'm not sure which is better and pros and come.

RC Qualifier
    The easy start system is great when it's working right, but when it's not it can be very frustrating. For me it was to many additional potential problems. A glow igniter is always good to have, the glow plug part of the easy start did give me the most problems and it didn't take me long to start using an igniter along with the wand. But it became to much to carry around. If your new to nitro it's still the best option, because figuring out the easy start problems is easier than pulling on a cord for an hour, tearing the skin off your fingers and still not getting it to start. With the easy start you just hold a button down. Once you learn to tune, a pull start is a lot easier and less problematic. But if you have to hold your easy start button for more than a second, don't get a pull start. You won't like it.

RC Racer
    I am glad i don't have much trouble with the ez start. A great tune it starts right up.

RC poster
    i went and bought a glow plug driver just to get through the break in. Trying to work on a good tune now. Harder than i thought lol.

RC poster
    Well just to let everyone they ended up sending me a new ez start and what do you know the ez start system works again.

RC poster
    hi I have a jato how do you keep it down it does wheelies to easy