Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Telluride 4x4

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by sean1214 View Post
    I'm trying to say that is they are not one to be satisfied with a brushed truck, you can get a Bandit VXL for the same price.
    Ya, but its not the same class of vehicle.
    That's like saying that the summit is $550 brushed and I can get a slash ultimate vxl for about the same price.
    ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Zepher View Post
    Ya, but its not the same class of vehicle.
    That's like saying that the summit is $550 brushed and I can get a slash ultimate vxl for about the same price.
    While it isn't the same class, it's important to see the value in things. Like if a brushed summit is $550 and a Slash 4x4 is $500, then what would you rather buy? It all comes down to opinion and use. If I want something fast and exciting, I'd get the slash 4x4, but if I want trailing and crawling then I'd go with the summit. But you'd get more value for the Slash 4x4 (in my opinion, don't shoot me if you don't like it!)

RC Qualifier
    So appearantly the Telluride 4x4 is $300. That's a pretty steep price for a brushed plastic car! There are so many other cars you can buy for $300! The Slash 4x4 and Stampede 4x4 in my LHS is only $340! For $40, you can get Brushless instead!

So get one of them.
    The price is what it is.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    So get one of them.
    The price is what it is.
    I know it is what it is, but the Traxxas Team has to position the car so it sells! I could probably put my 2002 Lexus for sale right now for $45,000, even though it's only worth $20,000. They have to evaluate the market so that people will actually buy it! I personally am not interested in buying another RC anyways, and if I would, it would be an E-Revo.

Sounds like you should see if there's a position as head of Marketing available. Then you could tell them all how to do their jobs.

RC Qualifier
    then you would buy an erevo and that part of the marketing is working for the type of RC'er you are and the telluride is going to work for the ppl that are interested in it ...lol
    Let's Go Steelers!!!... KCCO

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    340 is a very good price for a slash 4x4 here in the US. How is it cheaper in Canada?
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    340 is a very good price for a slash 4x4 here in the US. How is it cheaper in Canada?
    Well, we have Traxxas Parts (Cars, boats and actual replacement parts) in all the Future Shops all across Canada. I bought my Slash 4x4 for $450 about a year ago. I see the price went down about $100. I wonder if they're going to put the Telluride in the stores... They should before winter gets here so people will buy it for Christmas!

RC Racer
    Futureshop lists slash 4x4 for $439. Every single lhs around sells for about the price of futureshop. Towerhobbies has Telluride listed as $297. Now I'm no rocket scientist but that's a little bit more then 40 bucks lol

RC Qualifier
    It was $350 at my local future shop, $350 for the Slash 4x4 and $350 for the Stampede 4x4. I went to two future shops and that was the price and it wasn't on sale or anything, oh well. Basically if you'd get the Telluride and put a VXL System in there ($100+), you get close to the price of a Slash 4x4 at normal prices, without some of the features (metal aluminium driveline, stuff like that).
    Brushless Rips, Nitro Drips!!! BL Power FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by vladsly View Post
    It was $350 at my local future shop, $350 for the Slash 4x4 and $350 for the Stampede 4x4. I went to two future shops and that was the price and it wasn't on sale or anything, oh well. Basically if you'd get the Telluride and put a VXL System in there ($100+), you get close to the price of a Slash 4x4 at normal prices, without some of the features (metal aluminium driveline, stuff like that).
    I duno the FutureShop website shows the Slash 4x4 price at $439

FutureShop Link
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Champion
    Would 350 be without the lipo and charger ?

RC Champion
    This truck is really starting to dawn on me, not as an RTR, but is a good candidate to buy as a roller and mod from there....
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

Quote Originally Posted by sean1214 View Post
    This truck is really starting to dawn on me, not as an RTR, but is a good candidate to buy as a roller and mod from there....
    And that differs from every other RC how?

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    ^^^ there are a lot of options available for this trail rig that no other can touch.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC poster
    Well they use the revocation, from the ERT and hawk sequence from the delayed 1990's. They recycled, the revocation but designed new chassis and re-engineered, the transmitting from the ERT to what they have now.

RC Qualifier
    Yeah I think it's pretty decent, as a trail rig. As long as there will be many parts (aftermarket) that will come out for this truck (stuff to make it a real trail truck like the towing pulley, roll cage, maybe some solid axle suspension?) That would be really cool!
    Brushless Rips, Nitro Drips!!! BL Power FTW!