Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    Remote Locking might not work on that platform. Locked would likely be a better option. I would think they would have to completely re engineer the locking diffs from the summit. I doubt that style would fit/work in this one.

Sent from my phone to you. KCCO
    There are lockers for those Diffs or you can lock them youself with some hot glue or silly putty.

I did that already as i transformed my Stampede 4x4 to a trailer/crawler some time ago.

It performed pretty well and was fun to drive.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by soundmaster View Post
    There are lockers for those Diffs or you can lock them youself with some hot glue or silly putty.

I did that already as i transformed my Stampede 4x4 to a trailer/crawler some time ago.

It performed pretty well and was fun to drive.
    Did you have a thread for that?

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    Remote Locking might not work on that platform. Locked would likely be a better option. I would think they would have to completely re engineer the locking diffs from the summit. I doubt that style would fit/work in this one.

It's worth a shot.
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

If i were to pick one of these up i would probably just spool the front and rear diffs and call it a day.
    I spend almost all my drive time in the Summit LT locked up front and rear.
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

RC Competitor
    I love my summit LT. I loved the summit stock. But its just much more fun as a LT. I do like the Telluride for what it is. I was just hoping bit something more innovative. I really think they need to rethink the naming of stuff though. Brand it what it is.

Revo Line
    Revo 3.3
    E-Revo
    E-Revo brushless
    E-Revo Summit
    E-Revo 1/16 VXL
    E-Revo 1/16
    E-Revo 1/16 boss
    E-Revo 1/16 Slash

Stampede Line
    Stampede
    Stampede VXL
    Stampede Monster Jam
    And so on.

It would just make things so much simpler. They are all the same things with minor changes for the most part.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 08-14-2013 at 09:01 PM. Reason: LANGUAGE

Quote Originally Posted by cougar View Post
    I love my summit LT. I loved the summit stock. But its just much more fun as a LT.
    I feel the same way. Got bored w/the Summit. This way I dont mind the slow.

(RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

RC Racer
    Im excited. Im going brushless for sure. Stampede with erevo diffs?

Sounds like it could take some abuse

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

RC Competitor
    I was talking to some LHS(Local Hobby Shop) employees about the Telluride 4X4, the response was unfortunately a negative opinions. I am surprised about all this Negativity about one RC i thought what happen "to the days where you ran it to just have fun and not think is it a release or something new! JUST a FUN Toy"

RC Racer
    I think it would be half way decent with longer shocks better motor and esc and tires! Just in 200$ this would be fairly decent
    Yes I do have a Traxxas...

RC Enthusiast
    Im sorry traxxas but I think you screwed up on this one. I just don't see enough rc enthusiasts out there that would show any interest In this, if its suppose to be a trail truck it should be scaled a little more then it is. also, 4 wheel drive with a titan 12 turn motor... yikes! ive owned both a rustler and stampede in brushed and even breaking in the motor properly, they still burn out. not a trail truck at all. its just a cross over a pede 4x4 and slash 4x4 with a brushed motor. I may be wrong but I think these are gonna be a flop. all the best

RC Enthusiast
    Honestly I do not see why 90% of the majority is hating on a vehicle that is even released yet !!!!

If you carefully watch the launch release videos, it looks like it can be fairly capable as it is intended. It isn't being marketed as a scaler, so why do people automatically consider it a failure?
    It is marketed as a trail truck. Lets just assume that you can pick a trail, be it a hiking trail, bike trail, or some little diverted pathway while your in a huge park that happens to have a lot of shrubbery and you can pick a line that can be translated as a "trail" and you decide to run through it, I bet the Telli would be more than capable or even exceed the expectations most of you aren't even willing to give it.

When I first saw the vids, I thought "its like a Summit,but not!!"
    Who cares that it shares the same chassis as another!?!?! People do it with the Axial chassis.

Person 'a' "I have the scx Honcho"
    Person 'b' "well I have the scx rubicon".........ok, you both have the same truck!!! No-one complains about that !
    All sxc's be it kit or rtr, come with everything to make it one or the other, still no-one complains or hates, but heaven forbid Traxxas does it, and has done so for longer, just let it be !!!

Let people buy it, run it realistically or as intended, and then let the voices be heard. The idiots who want to try to run a trail truck up the side of a 5 foot tall boulder can complain about how bad it sucks.

People are starting to get out of hand blending all terms together. A trail truck is not a rock climber. A scaler is not a rock climber. A trail truck is not a scaler.

Lets see...
    trail
    scale
    rock climber....all different terms.

Just let it be what it is !!!!

RC Enthusiast
    So I have taken a break from this thread for a day, re-reviewed the specs and looked long and hard at the video and pics. I've really tried to find some redeeming new qualities in this truck. No such luck. Its LAME LAME LAME LAME LAME. I truly cannot see how an entirely parts bin designed truck WITH A BRUSHED MOTOR/ESC could possibly sell for $299??? No way, no how would I part with that kind of change for this. Sorry guys I really tried to like it because I do like Traxxas. But my disappointment over this is eating at me. So I came back to vent. So to the designers that wasted an entire afternoon coming up with this, its LAME.

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    I think your disapproval for this truck has been made quite clear before this last post. No need to start blatantly bashing it...
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by dgoll75 View Post
    Or this 92 Sidekick. Oh oops its outdated too.
    If you think the sidekick (and other like size 4x4's) is outdated...then you truly know NOTHING about real world 1:1 off roading. Plain and simple.

This truck seems to me a GREAT example of an entry level R/C car.

I started with a 3.3 t-maxx,.....but that is only because I got it as a gift. I never woulda bough a 500 buck truck as my first one other wise.

I have been flying R/C heli's for the last six years and one of the things I have learned (besides that cars are WAY easier.....not kidding) is that ANY entry level R/C vehicle with a good name and some QUAILTY behind it is a GREAT thing. This seems to fit the bill,

Is it perfect for EVERYONE? Of course not. But I challenge all nay Sayers to name ONE that is.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by dgoll75 View Post
    So I have taken a break from this thread for a day, re-reviewed the specs and looked long and hard at the video and pics. I've really tried to find some redeeming new qualities in this truck. No such luck. Its LAME LAME LAME LAME LAME. I truly cannot see how an entirely parts bin designed truck WITH A BRUSHED MOTOR/ESC could possibly sell for $299??? No way, no how would I part with that kind of change for this. Sorry guys I really tried to like it because I do like Traxxas. But my disappointment over this is eating at me. So I came back to vent. So to the designers that wasted an entire afternoon coming up with this, its LAME.
    Look at the 1:1 world in automotive and motorcycles...what brand doesn't run parts bin mentality AND have prices the average person can afford?

Harley? Please...they only have three real frames and the differences beyond that are tanks and bars. Dodge? Their "new" turbo Dart is just a re-badged SRT4 Neon. Chevy? Nope. Ford? Nope. Acura? They strip the name off their cars and replace them with numbers...aka "integra"

So where is the complaint? At the bottom of the parts bin that ALL manufacturers use, that's where.

RC Champion
    The Stampede 4x4 VXL is also a shortened Slash 4x4 with a new Body and tires and became a huge success. Let us see how this truck will be in real world application before prejudging it.

To all the disappointend people: I think your expectations on this product are too high. This is an entry level RC for beginners and younger fellows. Everyone who wants a more capable trail / crawl /bash truck just get the Summit.

RC Champion
    This rig is conformation that the $200( Helion Dominus) rtr's at the lhs are selling like hotcakes at a fat camp.

RC Enthusiast
    I didn't realize that this was such a sensitive forum. I will keep my opinion to myself.

RC poster
    I'm very interested in getting one.
    Should be a ton of fun to trail and bash even with the 12T motor.

RC Racer
    The more I look at this truck and watch the videos the more it grows on me. I don't have any 4X4 Traxxas vehicles so maybe this might be my first. It would need a few upgrade right out of the gate tho.

I still don't like the name and think Traxxas should make some new vehicles but this does look pretty cool.

RC Enthusiast
    Cool looking little truck and should be fairly capable! At the suggested price point ($299) however.... I think that is too much to ask for a brushed motor trail truck. If it was $25 more that a Rustler XL-5 I could see it selling well, but at $299 you are better off saving up another $100 and buying a Stampede 4X4...

It is like an affordable Summit, however it should be more affordable!

RC Champion
    Who buys a brushed motor RC from Traxxas? Entry level RC enthusiasts. What is this? A brushed RC from Traxxas. I think they hit their target while giving new to RC folks more options - Good Job.

To those of us who refuse to go less than 70MPH, you just have to live with that fact that this was not designed for you.

I personally think it lacks originality, but I have been around Traxxas since 1994. FORTUNATELY, I can still acquire parts for my older cars because they dont change their models like Harley Davidson....Yearly!!! In 10 years, I'll still be able to get parts for a Traxxas rig, because of this. Do I agree completely, no....but I'm thanksful....somedays. HEHE

Its an affordable entry level 4x4 that will take a pounding! Thats for sure. Another plus. You can mod it to do what you want but I think those who buy them will buy it for what it is and use it as intended and be simply tickled. If you want a true trail rig, other manufactures make them for just a tiny bit more...you will be better off with one of them simply because this is not a "Scaler" RC entry - doesnt have to be.

My wishes, a body with an integrated cage of some sorts and some better looking wheels....other than that - I can live with it.
    Last edited by Redsawacs; 08-12-2013 at 12:53 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by emarknot View Post
    Honestly I do not see why 90% of the majority is hating on a vehicle that is even released yet !!!!
    Half of the hatred is coming from scalers most likely piling on the Telluride to justified all the money they poured into their SCXes and Wraiths. IMO the scaler crowd is slowly turning into comp crawlers ie full of inflated elitist attitude.

RC Racer
    I've been hating on this truck since its release. I have to now admit I was wrong and admit Traxxas hit a home run with this IF it sells for around $225.

My reasoning for this..... Google telluride. I thought the name sounded familiar. Telluride is a trail system in Colorado. It's not a rock crawling area at all. It is a bunch of gravel and dirt roads that people can traverse and enjoy the scenery. A subaru outback could drive the area quite well. This truck is modeled for that and they did a good job.

I still would love to see some NEW vehicles like a solid axle crawler, scaler, or monster truck. Along with a 1/8 buggy, and some purpose built race vehicles like the old SRT and TCP.

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    It will not sell for 225. Traxxas says that 300 is the SUGGESTED SELLING PRICE, not MSRP.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Racer
    True but again already has them down to $249

Quote Originally Posted by WH1_T-type View Post
    Look at the 1:1 world in automotive and motorcycles...what brand doesn't run parts bin mentality AND have prices the average person can afford?

Harley? Please...they only have three real frames and the differences beyond that are tanks and bars. Dodge? Their "new" turbo Dart is just a re-badged SRT4 Neon. Chevy? Nope. Ford? Nope. Acura? They strip the name off their cars and replace them with numbers...aka "integra"

So where is the complaint? At the bottom of the parts bin that ALL manufacturers use, that's where.
    You do know that the Dart is using a lengthen Alfa Romeo platform right? Has nothing n common with the neon. Also the Chevy Cruze shares nothing with the older cobalt it replaced. But comparing 1:1 to rc is really silly. Cost has a major impact on what hits the market. But after awhile you have to release and completely new platform or you'll be surpassed by the competition.
    Last edited by Emaxx2.0; 08-12-2013 at 11:07 PM.