Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I asked nicely to stop the negative posting but some just wont listen. Expressing your opinion is fine but when you keep coming back just to bash on a new release that is not even in our hands yet it crosses the line. Needless to say this thread has seen some clean up. Let's keep out comments constructive and helpf ul please.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Racer
    Why would they change to 48pitch gears instead of the 32? They won't be as strong.

RC Racer
    Who agrees this would look much better with..........

THESE
    My stickers totaly effect my aerodynamics

RC Racer
    As much as I'm disappointed I do that body. I hope it's available clear.

If this has 48p gears will it be possible to install the 32p stampede gears? If so then this might be worth taking a look at.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by soundmaster View Post
    I like the looks. I once modified my stampede 4x4 for trailing with locked diffs and smaller pinion gear. It crawled really well for an independent suspension vehicle.

Since this rig is based on the stampede 4x4 chassis it will do pretty well.

I like the idea of combining crawling and bashing. Thats why i got a Summit

Where did you get the locking diffs??

E-Maxx and Spartan

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    +1 orange!!! And yellow!!!
    200, 202, 420, humor 404, 301 to rc10talk, 410.

RC Qualifier
    I really hope August 22 is the hard release date for the Telluride.

The Latrax had a mid July release and it's already mid August... and no LaTrax.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerDemon View Post

E-Maxx and Spartan
    I used silly putty to lock the diffs, since it is reversible. If you have two diff sets you can also use epoxy to lock them forever, but silly putty has the advantage of minimal slip if the stain gets too much.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerDemon View Post

E-Maxx and Spartan
    Traxxas Slash 4x4 Diff Differential Lock Posi Spool

http://thetoyz.com/Traxxas/Slash-4x4...-Racing/13065/
    Slash 2wd
    Slash 4x4 MT
    P4de Trail

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by maxi single View Post
    I really hope August 22 is the hard release date for the Telluride.

The Latrax had a mid July release and it's already mid August... and no LaTrax.
    Tower Hobbies early Sept.

http://www.towerhobbies.com/products...as/trad91.html
    Slash 2wd
    Slash 4x4 MT
    P4de Trail

RC Racer
    You can also use job weld or a hot glue gun to lock the diffs. Hot glue works great because it'll hold strong yet can still be removed fairly easily if you want to go back to open diffs.

RC Competitor
    Fr8cture - it still would be cool though
    Last edited by slashman360; 08-09-2013 at 05:34 PM.

RC Champion
    I am curious how the system that allows the drivetrain to slip if overloads works, since there is no slipper clutch installed.

I think the reason they use 48 instead of 32 pitch spur gear is to allow lower gearing for the 12t motor to work.

RC Champion
    I feel this wont be the most popular choice for a trail rig. It just does not have a suspension that is up to the task. But if it was offered in kit form it would be a popular basher.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by soundmaster View Post
    I am curious how the system that allows the drivetrain to slip if overloads works, since there is no slipper clutch installed.

I think the reason they use 48 instead of 32 pitch spur gear is to allow lower gearing for the 12t motor to work.
    You can go pretty low with 32p gears. A lot lower than what the truck has now. All offroad cars were 32p up until the 90's when they started switching.

Quote Originally Posted by ReaperGN View Post
    I feel this wont be the most popular choice for a trail rig. It just does not have a suspension that is up to the task. But if it was offered in kit form it would be a popular basher.
    Agreed! A lot version without electronics would be awesome. Everyone would buy one.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr8cture View Post
    My opinion on it is that it's not a real trail rig. A real trail rig is solid axle and has a more realistic frame (Ladder frame most of the time) also most of us know that the Titan 12T doesn't have the best rep in the 2wd brushed vehicles so how would it be able to handle 4wd? Unless they severely improved it. I also feel a 12T motor is too fast for a "Trail Rig".
    actually, an SORRCA vehicle is 2 piece axle, rail frame, and if you dont like the motor get another. my scx10 is going to have a tekin when i get the cash
    "Do not think this ends here..."
    -Ganondorf

RC Competitor
    I love the look, this maybe my first trail rig/basher i will give it a try before saying yay or nay. and well priced in my opinion.
    i can see the hours of fun. only question for Traxxas why no solid axle rigs yet?

RC Qualifier
    This is perfect for anybody that doesn't have a stampede 4x4... I would buy it and it may appeal to anyone who is new to that world and isn't a hardcore trail racer
    Cars: erevo vxl, 1/16 summit, stampede vxl, tmaxx

RC Racer
    If you all want a brushless one of these, just take your p4de and put slash tires on it and get a telluride body... BAM... Brushless telluride..... I'm not a fan... I've become less and less of a Traxxas fan in general over the last few months... Yeah the Local Hobby Shop support is awesome and you can get most any part locally at some store or another but think about it..... I think thats mostly because Traxxas vehicles ALWAYS break....!! Too poorly built in my opinion.... Way too much plastic... Traxxas is for Noobs...

RC Racer
    incorrect the telluride is actually over 2 inches skinnier than the stampede 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by MJG44 View Post
    If you all want a brushless one of these, just take your p4de and put slash tires on it and get a telluride body... BAM... Brushless telluride..... I'm not a fan... I've become less and less of a Traxxas fan in general over the last few months... Yeah the Local Hobby Shop support is awesome and you can get most any part locally at some store or another but think about it..... I think thats mostly because Traxxas vehicles ALWAYS break....!! Too poorly built in my opinion.... Way too much plastic... Traxxas is for Noobs...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by MJG44 View Post
    I'm sorry but it all depends on how you treat your truck.... If you know how to drive them properly then they don't break haha and traxxas is one of the most durable brands out there as their nylon plastic composite has done them well... They are not poorly built they just need to be treated right and traxxas products will be fine...

RC Competitor
    Why would they make this? This is so stupid. There is about 4 other RC's traxxas can release. 1/8 4wd buggy, 1/5 e revo, a real trail truck like a scx-10, micro rc 1/32. Personally I think traxxas could stop making different bodies and tires and call it a totally new car. Whatever this post is going to get deleted anyways. I just think traxxas could do a lot better when releasing new RCs.

RC Racer
    im confused they claim the telluride has no slipper clutch but if you go on their website and look in accesorys there is the slipper clutch rebuild kits?????????
    Last edited by lotus2200; 08-09-2013 at 07:52 PM.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by revomaxx2223 View Post
    I'm sorry but it all depends on how you treat your truck.... If you know how to drive them properly then they don't break haha and traxxas is one of the most durable brands out there as their nylon plastic composite has done them well... They are not poorly built they just need to be treated right and traxxas products will be fine...
    I agree with your opinion revomaxx2223. sure their maybe a few breaks here and there but that happens to other brands as well, learning how to drive your rc is important and preventative maintenance may help not breaking parts just a idea. now back to the topic at hand.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Schs2013 View Post
    I agree with your opinion revomaxx2223. sure their maybe a few breaks here and there but that happens to other brands as well, learning how to drive your rc is important and preventative maintenance may help not breaking parts just a idea. now back to the topic at hand.
    Yeah sorry haha I get a little fired up... Now my opinion on the telluride. I would definitely buy it because I do not own a stampede anymore. I like the soft suspension and new chassis tub design and overall changes over the stampede

Quote Originally Posted by lotus2200 View Post
    im confused they claim the telluride has no slipper clutch but if you go on their website and look in accesorys there is the slipper clutch rebuild kits?????????
    Read it again, the slipper parts are optional parts. i thought the same till i took a second look haha.

Comes with what they are calling a gear clutch. interesting to see what that actually is.
    Last edited by Cameron; 08-09-2013 at 08:05 PM.
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    Read it again, the slipper parts are optional parts. i thought the same till i took a second look haha.

Comes with what they are calling a gear clutch. interesting to see what that actually is.
    ok i see what your saying now thanks

Took me a second read to notice that one.

Send via most likely stolen wifi...
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

RC Champion
    My Stampede 4x4 is the most durable RC i have ever owned. Not one breakage since i bought it over a year ago.

Even more durable then my 1/8th Nitro Truggy.

Some guys really don't know what they are talking about and besides forgetting they are in a traxxas forum here.

If you wan't to bash traxxas products do it somewhere else. Here is a place for traxxas fans.
    Last edited by soundmaster; 08-09-2013 at 08:48 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Here's my take on it - I don't like the body. It looks low end toy gradish with the high rear end roof and of course super high mounting point. I also don't like the way it looks when it's being driven. It kind of bounces around like the suspension isn't really doing much but that could easily be "fixed" rasing the ride height. The last thing i don't like is that traxxas spent more time making another "re-release" like they're just milking everything they can get from the platforms they have before they have to come up with something completly new (which is what I want to see!) what I do like about this is that they are trying to lower the price point, have more diversity and get closer to a scale type rig like a medium summit I think if traxxas made an in between revo summit platform like a 1/12 (in traxxas terms) like the size of a rustler then everyone would be happy!
    You ain't bashin unless your crashin!!

RC Enthusiast
    Holy smokes, I cannot believe the negative comments! So many of us have wanted Traxxas to make something like this for so long, and now here it is, and so many people are picking it apart. Yes, it is clearly not going to out-SCX10 an SCX10. Yes, it doesn`t have solid axles, and its body is not going to make it the King of the Scalers. But I think it`s AWESOME.

The body looks really, really good. And the limited-slip diffs - there have been plenty of times with my Summit that I have gotten over some really nasty stuff without locking the diffs - just letting the limited slips do their thing when a wheel off the ground really spins up. Ultimately, a locked diff will be able to get you past a situation where a limited slip won`t - everyone knows that. But this kind of setup will do well on a lot of different terrain - and there are & will be one million aftermarket lockers available for this thing.

This is a great alternative to the SCX10 - for people who emphasize the trailing aspect of the hobby more than the scaling. I have a Summit AND a Honcho, and while I really do like the scale looks of the Honcho, I don`t shed any tears that my Summit doesn`t look like an exact replica of a Land Rover D90 when I`m trailing. There are NOT enough alternatives to the SCX10 on the market, IMO, and this is a new alternative.

Thumbs WAY up, Traxxas. And for the haters:
    1. If you don`t like the Telluride, then don`t buy one.
    2. If you like the SCX10 better, then buy an SCX10.

RC Racer
    It's been a while since I've been on the Traxxas forum, but the release of this guy made me stop over. I actually think it's going to be pretty good. So what they took a Stampede 4x4, put shorter a-arms on it, threw Slash tires on it, and a brushed setup. The price is good and it will be much more capable offroad. Not everyone bashes so the heavy oil in the diffs is pretty nice.

Lately pretty much all I do is trail ride. I've got a few Wraiths and have driven with guys that have Summits. The Summit is very capable, but not really a good trail truck. It's a jack of all trades kind of truck so it suffers a little. I think the smaller size of the Telluride will be a big advantage. There are a lot of places where the narrower width is good.

Anyway, I think I'll check it out when it hits the LHS and probably get one and use it as a guest truck for anyone that we bring along with us. Best part, all of the hop ups for the existing trucks will be availabe for this too.

RC Qualifier
    +1 too the last 2 posts, Love it or hate it. To the haters, go buy a trail truck. I honestly can't believe how this thread is going from so called members, Lose your self losers.
    Last edited by Shaky17; 08-09-2013 at 11:22 PM.
    Slash 2wd
    Slash 4x4 MT
    P4de Trail

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post

The gear clutch sounds like an old design kyosho used in the 80's. they called it a limiting gear. It worked.... Ok as long as you didn't put much power in the vehicle. If you tried to use a lot of power it would destroy the gears.

RC Qualifier
    The new Teli looks like a modded Summit/Pede,Slash. I like it, I would throw on some pede wheels for stablity when turning.
    (I don't live in an area with rock climbing) I would buy it, looks like a Slash 4x4 chassis. As always throw in a brushless system in it. Mayba just a stock 3500. I would put the body on my slash 4x4 ultimate, I already have the Pede wheels on it... Probably redo gearing setup for milds speed but good torque.

RC Qualifier
    Rancho Tehama or Red Bluff area or California
    When I first seen the name and description of this I was hoping for a more of a crawler not this. Stampede with slash A arms and tires and wheels. Christmas is coming and a lot of kids will like the looks of it.
    Broken parts=New better parts

RC Qualifier
    the only thing i dont like is that i cant get a 2.2 wheel on this thing i would love to put a crawler tire or bogger look alike ,but i love the price point and cant wait to modify one because that what its all about making it your own

RC Qualifier
    I bet u could put some revolver wide wheels on their just like the pede for a 2.2 wheel. The question is tire size as it will have to be not to big or u will make short work of that motor. I like the body, I think I shoulda kept my pede 4x4 chassis as I have a full set of electronics sitting and could tossed it in , grabbed some tires and a body and had this for extra cheap. Now ill prolly have to snag a roller and a clear body to paint off the internet when they become available and lower in price. Or I find a suger momma to sponge off of and buy this for me

RC Competitor
    I personally like the looks, I think that if you want to complain about this truck not being scale, go out and look under 95% of any newer for wheel drive truck to find independent suspension and not solid axles. Hopefully proline or someone comes out with some good looking bodies and wheel and tire combos to make it look even better.
    Its a Summit thing, you wouldn't understand.

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    This is a 95% win for traxxas. A perfect entry level release 'cept for the power plant. An s600 brushed motor will be a perfect 15$ solution for a large upgrade in gearing options, and durability. There is much more driveline drag than the titan was ever meant to encounter. Pull the titan, sell it, buy the s600 and it costs you nothin'...

The majority of us more experienced users will put crazy power in and keep snapping stuff, cut down mips, buy bearings from another planet etc...

But this truck is meant for the first timer. If in box stock form, it will be very hard to do damage, and will grow with the new guy. It is an ENTRY LEVEL 4X4. Get over it.

I want one, and thanks trx.

EDIT:
    Every pede guy should be doing backflips... We are finally gonna have a bunch of new cool bodies for our mts 8))))))))))))
    Last edited by rag6; 08-10-2013 at 02:39 AM.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???