Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Bushings in the bell crank is not a bad thing. Especially if you will be running in very wet conditions...

You cant just throw in a bl system. The added power will require you to replace a few things just to get through the first full throttle trigger pull.
    Sit down, buckle up, hold on, pay me...

RC Competitor
    Wah. I almost fell off my chair when I got the email announcing the Telluride. I've been waiting for something I could call an E-Maxx Lite. My only truck is an old 4909 T-Maxx 3.3. What I don't like about it is its age and obsolete electronics. What I do like about it is it's ungodly power, noise that wakes the dead, lots of titanium upgrades, and a mass that could break my legs so it commands a lot of respect, and is basically an unholy terror to anything or anyone in proximity. heh. Yeah, it rocks, and it's a rocket on the wide open flats.

What I like about the Telluride is it's water resistance, looks, speed, ground clearance, and suspension, which looks like it has some decent travel. It would go well in my favorite bashing spots but its a bit too small and light for my taste. Make it bigger and brushless... yeah, I prolly would buy...
    IF you've much fuel, you're not driving enough!

RC Enthusiast
    Found the manual too!

http://traxxas.com/sites/default/fil...M-N-EN-R00.pdf

Curious why these are out on the web and can be found by Google but not linked yet on the Traxxas support webpage.

Quote Originally Posted by Trapper View Post
    Found the manual too!

http://traxxas.com/sites/default/fil...M-N-EN-R00.pdf

Curious why these are out on the web and can be found by Google but not linked yet on the Traxxas support webpage.
    Manuals are almost always found in the DOWNLOADS section of each PRODUCT, like here:
    http://traxxas.com/products/models/e...e4x4-downloads
    Alt-241 on the number pad =

RC Qualifier
    Honest truth, i really like it may need a little TLC motor esc servo and tires but it would look like a good truck to have 299 is bit pricey but i am sure it will go down but i would like to have this take it to the beach and not taking my 800 dollar car it looks like you could have fun with this truck and all the people saying its a failure and its lame it isn't made to fit your specific need traxxas came out the this new truck and that what you gotta work with and the name telluride is alittle shaggy though IMO

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks ksb51rl. I didn't know they were there, I always got to the ones I needed by going to the support tab, clicking the model then on the right of that page under resources are the links to the manuals and the exploded diagrams. When I click on the Telluride, that page is still not working but I'm glad there is another way to navigate to them.

Remember guys, Traxxas always marks up the prices. You can get it for only $250 on Stormer Hobbies.

http://www.stormerhobbies.com/cgi-bi...l?pn=TRA670441
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh 1/18 Rally/Teton T-Maxx

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    Remember guys, Traxxas always marks up the prices. You can get it for only $250 on Stormer Hobbies.

http://www.stormerhobbies.com/cgi-bi...l?pn=TRA670441
    Actually, you can't since it is not yet in stock.

There will be a lot of pricing games played with free shipping and coupons, etc. Let's just wait to see how it all shakes out.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by noir 522 View Post
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]

It does look sweet and when the brushless edition comes by I'm might thinking on buying one. I'm wonder if Pro-Line will make a Toyota Land Cruiser 40 series body for it.
    Did you say Traxxas?

Yes with or without lipos.

RC Champion
    ok guys you gotta think WIDE thoughts. Its a stampede chassis. so any body that fits a 1:10 stampede chassis will also fit the Telluride

Rc4wd.com - tamiya land cruiser (1:10) body

MAN, Use Common Sense
    Funky Gecko, SumVee HDE

Hopefully that body is not too wide. With the narrowed track of this truck, the tires may sit just perfectly in the wheel wells.
    Speaking of bodies, can wait for all the off road bodies that will pop up for this. The stampedes have been lacking cool bodies forever. Surely this truck will spawn a new age of pede covers 8)

A few days ago a bunch of the guys at the office were given the chance to run a couple Tellurides and we had an absolute blast. It handles well, accelerates quickly and is very durable. There were numerous jumps, flips, collisions and many many laughs. After hours of running in the hands of some of the roughest RC'ers on the planet all 4 were still going strong. The curbs make perfect "ramps" here and the trucks probably spent as much time in the air as on the ground

Bottom line: this is a fun truck with lots of features at a reasonable price with huge potential for upgrades.

RC Enthusiast
    IDK. The more I look at it, the more I am considering picking up one when they release. It would be the perfect little backup 4X4 to go with my P2DE and P4DE.

RC Qualifier
    So I noticed the body mounts are different then the Stampede 4x4... wondering if it would be easier to mount the monster jam bodies on this.
    Stampede VXL
    Stampede 4x4
    Looking for MERV

RC Qualifier
    I'm wondering if this telluride would be better than the pede 4x4 for a truggy conversion? Cheaper, and heck, maybe the body mounting would be easier on this than the pede.
    2wd Slash VXL
    3906 MMM

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by No One View Post
    So I noticed the body mounts are different then the Stampede 4x4... wondering if it would be easier to mount the monster jam bodies on this.
    I think so!

RC Racer
    Is it just me or is this just a stampede 4x4 with a brushed motor, different body and wheels and tires? So for $100 more or less why not just get the p4de? I don't get it.

brb bashin' my p4de in the front yard.

Is it just me or is this just a stampede 4x4 with a brushed motor, different body and wheels and tires? So for $100 more or less why not just get the p4de? I don't get it.
    It's a cheaper, slower entry level truck for kids, or beginners.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh 1/18 Rally/Teton T-Maxx

It also has different arms, drive shafts, links, body mounts, slipper, spur etc... It was tuned with the different parts to be good at its purpose and be cheaper to get into a traxxas 4x4, which is totally different than what the pede 4x4 was made for.

I dont get all the people that dont get it.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    It's a cheaper, slower entry level truck for kids, or beginners.
    Yep, $100 may not be a lot to you or I, but to a 12-13 year old with lawn mowing and paper route cash $100 is a big hurdle. This will get them into a 4x4 platform that they can upgrade as they go.

I can see this being a big hit at the LHS!
    My tranny case is stock :D

RC Qualifier
    Yep, if they saved their B-day money and use it with Christmas, or vice versa, or a kind parent matches their funds this is around their price limit im betting as buzzsaw said. Cause u know their gonna be thinking if I save up $250 its a 2wd vehicle, but if I can only scrounge up 50 bucks more(using suggested'ish prices here) I can get a 4wd and it would be sooo much better, heh.

RC poster
    I think they did a pretty good job. I already have a Stampede 4x4 with many mods, a Slash Platinum and a Savage flux. I ordered this as soon as I saw it. I think it would be awesome for a little casual trail riding etc. Good to let beginners use, and it's priced right. Looks like a fun little truck, I am looking forward to its arrival

RC Competitor
    This little truck is exactly what I've been wanting for my 4 year old. Inexpensive, 4x4, slow and plenty of upgrade possibilities as he gets older. Plus it offers the Traxxas ease of working on and the LHS already has most of the replacement parts in stock. I'm not interested in a true 'crawler', as 10mph is only fun for so long. The current P4de is a little much for the youngster as is my P2de VXL. Stampede owners should love that this vehicle is being released. It'll sell like crazy and hopefully open up more body choices. I, for one, am really excited about this truck, and I can't wait for my son to open one up at Christmas!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by VMX12R View Post
    This little truck is exactly what I've been wanting for my 4 year old. Inexpensive, 4x4, slow and plenty of upgrade possibilities as he gets older.
    Exactly! Sometimes people thing that every new RC model has to be super specialized at what it does. This is a great all round model for backyard bashing, I like the idea.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by buzzsaw 46 View Post
    Yep, $100 may not be a lot to you or I, but to a 12-13 year old with lawn mowing and paper route cash $100 is a big hurdle. This will get them into a 4x4 platform that they can upgrade as they go.

I can see this being a big hit at the LHS!
    That I totally agree with, I am 15 and i'm in the same boat. But honestly, I would rather have my slash 4x4 lcg.... Even if it is out of service for the next month or so....
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

Traxxas Employee
    Quote Originally Posted by sean1214 View Post
    That I totally agree with, I am 15 and i'm in the same boat. But honestly, I would rather have my slash 4x4 lcg.... Even if it is out of service for the next month or so....

I have both. My slash may be going to the track soon. So telluride will be the everyday play rig. The cool thing about the telluride is you can change it to suit your needs. While my telluride isn't a straight axle crawler once I get a spool in it, it will crawl whatever I can try.

I might get another one to change it to something different. Something a bit more speedy
    slash 4x4 lcg, telluride(modded), TCP........and other things

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by VMX12R View Post
    This little truck is exactly what I've been wanting for my 4 year old. Inexpensive, 4x4, slow and plenty of upgrade possibilities as he gets older. Plus it offers the Traxxas ease of working on and the LHS already has most of the replacement parts in stock. I'm not interested in a true 'crawler', as 10mph is only fun for so long. The current P4de is a little much for the youngster as is my P2de VXL. Stampede owners should love that this vehicle is being released. It'll sell like crazy and hopefully open up more body choices. I, for one, am really excited about this truck, and I can't wait for my son to open one up at Christmas!
    Exactly..
    I think with the Shorter A-Arms it'll be even tougher than than the Stampede4x4. Sure it'll need some better camber links, but that stuff's "easypeezy" as my 5 year old boy says.. He loves going trail trucking with his dad, but his dad (me) has a cow every time he smashes his (my $500 + with updgrades) SCX10 into rocks, trees and mud. He's more of a Trail Basher. haha, and this truck will be perfect.
    Always in Trouble for trying to help out.

RC Qualifier
    Found this running video, pretty cool.

RC Racer
    It did ok, but struggled on some obstacles that a stampede 4x4 would clear.

RC poster
    Well Summit is very able but not really a excellent, pathway truck. It's a port of all deals, kind of truck so it experiences a little. I think small sized, size the telluride will be a big benefits. There are a lot, of locations where small sized size is excellent.
    hsaforklifts Melbourne

Donavann... What is your language. It is very hard to understand your posts. I am trying to understand, but it is tough.

Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    Donavann... What is your language. It is very hard to understand your posts. I am trying to understand, but it is tough.
    His language is "spambot."

New to me...

Just stopped in at the local Hobbytown, and got to hold it. Orange. This is a sweet truck. 2 things...

1) The tires feel like rocks.
    2) Need solid body colors. That scheme is a little dated. I would love to see a mini summit/exocage body scaled for this. The orange looked pretty good though.

I am starting to really want one. Maybe enough to scrap my 4x4 pede build and transform to this... I really need a clear body first.