Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Traxxas Employee

Telluride 4X4 - Start the discussion

Telluride 4X4 is a go-anywhere, extreme terrain off-road truck that is designed for fun while blazing new trails. At under $300 it is a value-packed machine with four-wheel drive, waterproof electronics, unreal durability and a fun factor that is through the roof. Specially tuned differentials are outfitted with 100,000 weight silicone oil which provides limited slip when climbing curbs or rocks, meaning the truck keeps climbing and doesn't get stuck or diff out. There is enough diff action for high speed running as well, making Telluride the perfect truck for all around driving.

Check out the video at http://traxxas.com/products/models/e...ride4x4-video2.

Price: $299.99

Availability: August 22nd
    Last edited by Rosco_P_Coltrane; 08-09-2013 at 10:23 AM.
    Traxxas, the FASTEST Name In Radio Control

RC Competitor
    That 12t is gunna burn up under that 4wd

Traxxas Employee
    Traxxas engineers selected the optimized gear ratio, tire size, and power system combination for Telluride to ensure that all of the components perform up to our and customer expectations. With the out-of-box gearing, Telluride can tackle every day terrain like grass, gravel, asphalt, dirt, etc. and the Titan 12-Turn motor handles it in stride.
    Traxxas, the FASTEST Name In Radio Control

RC Champion
    My opinion on it is that it's not a real trail rig. A real trail rig is solid axle and has a more realistic frame (Ladder frame most of the time) also most of us know that the Titan 12T doesn't have the best rep in the 2wd brushed vehicles so how would it be able to handle 4wd? Unless they severely improved it. I also feel a 12T motor is too fast for a "Trail Rig".
    Last edited by Fr8cture; 08-09-2013 at 10:49 AM.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Champion
    It looks like a brushed stampede 4x4/slash 4x4 mix. I wouldn't get it unless a brushless version was availible.
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

RC Champion
    I like the looks. I once modified my stampede 4x4 for trailing with locked diffs and smaller pinion gear. It crawled really well for an independent suspension vehicle.

Since this rig is based on the stampede 4x4 chassis it will do pretty well.

I like the idea of combining crawling and bashing. Thats why i got a Summit

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I think it is an incredible truck that opens up nearly endless possibilities for trail fun.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sean1214 View Post
    It looks like a brushed stampede 4x4/slash 4x4 mix. I wouldn't get it unless a brushless version was availible.
    there's already one, the stampede 4x4 vxl, just buy parts when available then transform your P4de
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | BackSl4sh Roadrunner |

RC Enthusiast
    Hey there Rosco,

Any future plan for differential lock and overhead lights like the Summit?
    Isaiah 30:21
    1/16 Slash 4x4 Mike Jenkins Edition

RC Racer
    I'm not a fan of it. I just don't see the point.

RC Qualifier
    this thing is very cool... looking forward to a brushless version.

Or even better, KIT VERSION with no electronics at all
    Traxxas please sell kits!

RC Qualifier
    yeah, im just confused...... what 'niche' is this geared towards?! if you want a trail truck why not get a summit or mini summit/revo and fix the diffs to your liking? If you want a basher, its already VERY similar to the pede/slash/rally... you could easily mod either of these to get the same results.... this just isnt clicking with me.... too similar to several existing models (that havent been re-invented/improved much at all for quite some time).

the one area Traxxas isnt really hasnt entered yet, is scale..... but this def isnt its attempt (i hope not)...right?

it has the speed of a summit, but it doesnt have better or even comparable features (2speed, locking diffs)... so if i had to go with a trail truck.. summit hands down. granted a 1:10 summit is double the cost (but worth it!!!!!) you wouldnt get this vehicle for primarily bashing.... pede/slash/rally (could easily upgrade to a similar higher clearance suspension...

sorry traxxas.... but i just dont see the market for this model.

Come on guys can we hold off on the negativity. It is a new release and clearly it is not what EVERYONE wants, no vehicle can be. I can see a big market for this. Anyone who wants a Summit like vehicle without the cost and complexity is going to find this a nice choice. Also just like the Stampede 4x4 it looks like a very versatile platform that can and will be modded in many different ways. IMO it sure looks like a good value with lots of room to grow and morph into many things or just enjoy as is.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Champion
    I think the idea of a stampede 4x4 based trail/bash truck is very very cool. The XL-5 combo with the Titan 12T is not bad for this kind of vehicle if geared properly and keeps the cost low.

I used this combo in my trail trucks and it did pretty well.

Everyone can upgrade to Lipo or BL if needed.

EDIT:
    I agree with Dadx2mj that there will be a big market for this vehicle.
    Last edited by soundmaster; 08-09-2013 at 12:02 PM.

I've said it many times and will say it again. I think the Titan gets a bum rep. Seriously it is what it is and that is a very inexpensive disposable motor. However if you do proper break in and maintenance and gear it properly it gives good performance for a long time....well as long has can be reasonably expected from a $20 motor.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Enthusiast
    Well said, I felt the same way.
    I'm looking forward to see this truck face-to-face!

Quote Originally Posted by Dadx2mj View Post
    Come on guys can we hold off on the negativity. It is a new release and clearly it is not what EVERYONE wants, no vehicle can be. I can see a big market for this. Anyone who wants a Summit like vehicle without the cost and complexity is going to find this a nice choice. Also just like the Stampede 4x4 it looks like a very versatile platform that can and will be modded in many different ways. IMO it sure looks like a good value with lots of room to grow and morph into many things or just enjoy as is.
    Isaiah 30:21
    1/16 Slash 4x4 Mike Jenkins Edition

RC Champion
    I think the problem comes where they call it a "Extreme terrain 4x4 Trail Rig" Also I'm just giving my opinion in no way would I have plan's to buy anything like this. Already owned a stampede.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Enthusiast
    WOW Slash Pede. You guys couldn't even come up with some original wheels? I mean the body looks kind of cool but jeez.... I am a Traxxas guy, but the lack of originality is pretty lack luster on this one gents. I could make this in an hour out of my parts bin, minus the body of course. You sure missed the mark if the intent was to compete with the likes of the SCX10, Wraith, or Twin Hammers. Its getting very hard to defend Traxxas with my RC buddies when the last original ideas are several years old. Just my opinion.

RC Qualifier
    I don't know anything about other brands and very little outside what I read on these forums but.... I have a VXL P2de and it's great but I would love to have a 4x4. Waaay more than I am able to spend at this time. For under $300 it seems like it would have spot in Traxxas's line up of 100 different models.
    Last edited by Jeff_G; 08-09-2013 at 12:40 PM.

RC Champion
    Most fellas who believe its a "Trail Rig" and buy it for such purpose, probably haven't ever driven a true "Trail Truck" so they will think this one is just great. It does make a Very affordable truck for the new fella and we all know the more guys with trucks, the better the market gets.

You guys all know you like its looks, even if you wont admit it. Most of us will end up with the body for a current ride if not buying the whole truck.. lol
    Always in Trouble for trying to help out.

Not blown away by this one myself.
    But its nice and inexpensive. So its got that going for it.

Not quite sure what competition they are targeting with this one though.

Its kinda in a way like a Mini Summit LT without all the summit goodies IMO.

Looks to be a really nice starter or companion truck for the kids to come with you on the trails.
    Last edited by Cameron; 08-09-2013 at 12:48 PM.
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

RC Qualifier
    I think its a great idea. It will not replace my trail truck BUT it will be a great trail truck for me to purchase for my kids to join me on the trail. Whenever the Titan gives out (if it does considering I have one in a 2wd slash that is 2 yrs old) I will replace it with a 35t Tekin crawler motor. The best part is that it's based off of the pede/slash platform so I already have tons of spare parts for it
    No Limit RC of Maryland

RC Champion
    I think this a solid entry level vehicle for the "beginner" rc fan who just wants to do some bashing and trailing.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I'm very impressed with the suspension...

200, 202, 420, humor 404, 301 to rc10talk, 410.

RC Racer
    Very disappointed. Traxxas has proven time and time again with the slash, maxx, and revo platforms they can build amazing offroad vehicles that catch the Rc world by storm. So why not build something like a true trail truck, 1/8 buggy, or a true 1/10 race platform like the old TCP or SRT???? I would love to race a Traxxas 1/10 truck again and the rustler isn't up to the task.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by vwjuice63 View Post
    Very disappointed. Traxxas has proven time and time again with the slash, maxx, and revo platforms they can build amazing offroad vehicles that catch the Rc world by storm. So why not build something like a true trail truck, 1/8 buggy, or a true 1/10 race platform like the old TCP or SRT???? I would love to race a Traxxas 1/10 truck again and the rustler isn't up to the task.
    Very Simple answer: because all those platforms are already covered by established companies like axial, team associated, losi...so there is absolutely no need / market for these products.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by E-slamnit View Post
    That 12t is gunna burn up under that 4wd
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr8cture View Post
    My opinion on it is that it's not a real trail rig. A real trail rig is solid axle and has a more realistic frame (Ladder frame most of the time) also most of us know that the Titan 12T doesn't have the best rep in the 2wd brushed vehicles so how would it be able to handle 4wd? Unless they severely improved it. I also feel a 12T motor is too fast for a "Trail Rig".

From what it looks like in that video, it would have been better off with the 21t Titan from the E-Maxx/Revo, I ran oneof those in my SCX10 and have sold a few to customers for their own all have preferred that over either the stock motor or the 12t Titan.

Quote Originally Posted by sean1214 View Post
    If they were to develop a low kV (sub 2000, maybe) sensored motor to work with the VXL ESC, that wouldn't be bad.

Quote Originally Posted by MRSRT8 View Post
    Hey there Rosco,

Any future plan for differential lock and overhead lights like the Summit?
    Would Revo lockers work?

I've said it many times and will say it again. I think the Titan gets a bum rep. Seriously it is what it is and that is a very inexpensive disposable motor. However if you do proper break in and maintenance and gear it properly it gives good performance for a long time....well as long has can be reasonably expected from a $20 motor.
    Not to have customers come back in a week or two with fried motors. I haven't had issues with the ones I've had either, even on 3s (yes, I said 3s), but I've seen way too many bad ones too.
    Aw, Biscuits!

RC Champion
    You can lock the diffs with silly putty. I did this to my Stampede 4x4 for trailing. Works very well.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by soundmaster View Post
    Very Simple answer: because all those platforms are already covered by established companies like axial, team associated, losi...so there is absolutely no need / market for these products.
    That can be said for every company in every market companies are always jumping into we markets to snatch some of the profits by adding another option. Look at the Tmaxx. Hpi released their savage, and then Tamiya, Losi, AE, duratrax and others started to jump on board and sell some. Plus they're a a lot of diehard Traxxas fans out there. If they released a new 1/10 race truck I would sell my T4.2 in a heartbeat to get the Traxxas.

RC Champion
    i cant believe they actually put those popsicle stick camber links on there

RC Qualifier
    Not sure why they had to make a new name for this one. It's a brushed Stampede 4x4. Looks like the EXACT same chassis.

Seriously. It's like one of those "find the difference" games. I personally hate the look of the body. IMO it needs lowered almost an inch or at least bigger tires. It's a 4x4 pede and 4x4 pedes are NOT trail trucks. They are bashers. Therefore... since this IS a 4x4 pede, it's a basher that's gonna snap links all the time and with the 12t, it wont even be able to get out of its own way! Worst truck yet IMO. I know it's not for me but really... who is this for? The broke kids that won't be able to upgrade when they snap every non-VXL piece of junk on this thing? A bunch of Tellurides sitting in closets do no good for the hobby... nor do a bunch of frustrated kids who just bought a crappy truck. I sure hope I'm wrong here.
    Last edited by F-R Racing; 08-09-2013 at 02:59 PM.

RC Competitor
    If they would make a switch in it to make it part-time four wheel drive and part-time two wheel drive, I think people would be more happy about it. And I would defiantly buy it!!!!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by slashman360 View Post
    If they would make a switch in it to make it part-time four wheel drive and part-time two wheel drive, I think people would be more happy about it. And I would defiantly buy it!!!!
    I see no point in that at all...this is an rc it won't effect it like a real truck.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    Im 100% happy of what traxxas has to offer to everyone (ages wise)
    i'll booked mark this as future RC B'day present for my son
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | BackSl4sh Roadrunner |

RC Racer
    im definitly with Dadx2mj on this on i had a titan 12t for 6 YEAARS! and thats running it at least once a week im definitly interested in this truck the beauty in it is its a $300 stampede 4x4 that runs and drives!
    My stickers totaly effect my aerodynamics

RC Racer
    THIS IS NOT A STAMPEDE 4X4 it is not as wide if you wold take the time to look it may be the same chassis but it is not as wide

Quote Originally Posted by F-R Racing View Post
    Not sure why they had to make a new name for this one. It's a brushed Stampede 4x4. Looks like the EXACT same chassis.

Seriously. It's like one of those "find the difference" games. I personally hate the look of the body. IMO it needs lowered almost an inch or at least bigger tires. It's a 4x4 pede and 4x4 pedes are NOT trail trucks. They are bashers. Therefore... since this IS a 4x4 pede, it's a basher that's gonna snap links all the time and with the 12t, it wont even be able to get out of its own way! Worst truck yet IMO. I know it's not for me but really... who is this for? The broke kids that won't be able to upgrade when they snap every non-VXL piece of junk on this thing? A bunch of Tellurides sitting in closets do no good for the hobby... nor do a bunch of frustrated kids who just bought a crappy truck. I sure hope I'm wrong here.
    My stickers totaly effect my aerodynamics

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    The a-arms looks pretty much the same like the Hawk a-arms...

200, 202, 420, humor 404, 301 to rc10talk, 410.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by lotus2200 View Post
    ^ the a arms are totaly different look at the pictures
    Totally different is far fetched one is shorter but it's still the same exact design.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Racer
    It looks like it has the arms from the rally

RC Champion
    I personally am not that impressed. Its a brushed stampede 4x4 with shorter arms, a different body, and unfortunately those grey plastic links. I do like the body though and am happily surprised that they put in a heavier weight diff fluid in. It also has a new type of "high-stall gear clutch". I think that price is a bit high, but at $249 Id consider it a good value. To me, it seems like its main competitors would be something like the Helion Dominus, which is also a brushed 1/10th scale 4x4. That, however, costs $199.

Also unsure about the name, but, I'm sure many people will find it a great entry level vehicle.
    Last edited by MotorStuff; 08-09-2013 at 04:27 PM.
    Land of the free?