RC poster

Waterproof(ish) receiver box

Hi all,

I am new to this forum but have done quite a bit of reading on it.
    Lots of great information, thanks

I have been loving the spartan so far (have had it for 6 months). I don't get a lot of time to drive it but I really like it.

I cannot get the receiver box to seal!! I will be putting in my THIRD receiver this weekend. I have tried everything I have read on here, new seal, grease, silicone and everything else I can think of but it still leaks. It is getting a bit old at this point.

Since I can't seem to keep water out of the receiver box..... my question is, has anyone tried waterproofing the receiver itself? Plasti dip, brush on tape etc??

Thanks

RC Racer
    You can find the right size balloon to put the receiver in and seal the opening( where the wires come out of the balloon) with some electrical tape. Then place it inside the receiver box.

RC poster
    Thanks for the tip Carnes.

I ended up plasti dip coating the receiver bord itself so it shoudl be waterproof, then sealind the receiver box as well as sealing the "waterproof" box. Should have 3 layers of protection.... hopefully....

RC Qualifier
    Wow I hope you never have to change anything. If the o-ring is properly sealed the only way water gets in is down the wires. I have had great luck in sealing these boxes. I use a very small amount of clear silicone sealant. You have to use silicone sealant not silicone grease. The trick is you have to carefully lift the wires up where they pass out of the box and apply a very small amount of sealant under the wires. Then apply a small amount above the wires and all the way around the box where the small lid fits. If done correctly the box will never leak even if you bouy the boat straight up. We have two boats and crash them on a regular basis and we never get any water in the receiver box anymore. If you have to change anything only a small amount of work is needed to clean the box up and re-seal.