Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Qualifier
    Have you started to make the hull or are you still working on the hatch?

E-Maxx and Spartan

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerDemon View Post
    Have you started to make the hull or are you still working on the hatch?

E-Maxx and Spartan
    I haven't had much time to work on it with the start of school and the end of the racing season happening all at once. As soon as I get the chance to make some progress, I'll update the thread for sure. I definitely haven't given up or anything.

RC Qualifier
    Just curious, what's your 1:1? I see it in the background in some pics.
    Last edited by Spartanator; 09-26-2013 at 12:19 PM.
    PM for info.....

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartanator View Post
    Just curious, what's your 1:1? I see it in the background in some pics.
    It's called a Jaws Lorequin. The company is now known as Lorequin Marine. It's a pretty rare boat. I only know of 2 others and I've spent quite a while trying to find more. Its 24' long, about 5' 8" wide at the water line (extremely narrow), weighs somewhere in the 3000 pound range (extremely light), and is powered by a 598 ci 850-900hp engine. It's pretty crazy but a whole lot of fun. Do you have a 1:1?

RC Qualifier
    Sounds awesome! Sadly we do not have a poker runner or racer, on the other hand we do have a sexy Formula 310 SunSport, here is a pic. We do have some neighbors with Sunsation's, Donzi's, and Cig's. And a few Fountain runners... Our Formula only has twin 340's which top out at 47MPH, soon to be upgraded or sold for something faster for net year. Probably something in the Formula Fastech series. I like to burn fuel at 160MPH+!

Edited for bypassing the language filter. Please do not use acronyms to get around the language filter--doing so is against the forum rules.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 09-26-2013 at 05:29 PM.
    PM for info.....

RC Qualifier
    That's a nice boat! We are actually looking at getting something bigger to cruise around on. Something like a 37' performance boat with twin 525s or something. We boat on the Chesapeake Bay and it can get BIG out there. The 24 will get through it but not without quite a bit of air time and a few days of recovery for anyone in the boat lol. It doesn't matter what the boat is as long as you're out on the water. I know quite a few people with 180+ MPH boats but they hardly ever take them out because they break every time. It's like RC... I'd trade durability for 100mph any day.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks F-R, we live down in Texas so Salt water is what we run in. it's a killer if you don't clean and maintain to the highest notch around here. Yes several people have problems with higher performance boats, that's why we all help each other clean and what not to all our boats. Our Neighbor that has a Sunsation, his only problem is paying for the gas! I love boats for some reason, I actually like RC boating better than RC trucks/cars. We used to have a 22-26 ft (cant remember) ski boat and we could hardly take it out on a windy day but the Formula cuts right through, mainly because the really deep V and weight(11K LBS). Anyways I like to go fast whether boat or car, we get in trouble every now and then by the Coast Guard for going to fast out in the bay in the neighbors Sunsation. Anyways I am looking forward to seeing your Fiberglass hull project!

RC Qualifier
    No speed limits up here. That's what I love about boating. I take a lot of pride in doing everything myself, including building my own engines. I love the feeling of going out and running 90mph in a little 24' boat with an engine built by me and passing a 42' boat with motors made by some professional engine builder. Also... BIG NEWS! You guys may have heard of a little company called Aeromarine. Well I just bought a little nitro boat that they posted on Facebook. While I was on the phone with them, I got talking and I'm going down next Friday to see their place and hopefully pick up some tips and tricks on making a composite hull. He also has a turbine powered boat he's going to show me. I may propose building the composite Spartan with him at his place since he's all set up to build the highest quality hulls already. We will see

RC Racer
    Wow! THAT'D be awesome. I'd be intrested in seeing the completed version of that!

And for 1:1, my family is looking for one to go tubing in. Where from NC, and we want CHEAP. if you know anyone tell them to PM Me!

Also, you think that if you were to use his equipment, you could make the boat longer and wider? Just some ideas :P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Traxxas Slash 4x4
    Traxxas Blast

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by panek33 View Post
    Wow! THAT'D be awesome. I'd be intrested in seeing the completed version of that!

And for 1:1, my family is looking for one to go tubing in. Where from NC, and we want CHEAP. if you know anyone tell them to PM Me!

Also, you think that if you were to use his equipment, you could make the boat longer and wider? Just some ideas :P

Not sure. I don't think it would be very easy to make it wider. Longer could certainly be done though.

RC Qualifier
    I am glad people still enjoy showing pride in what they build! F-R I hope your race season turns out great and the new Spartan hull!
    PM for info.....

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by F-R Racing View Post
    Not sure. I don't think it would be very easy to make it wider. Longer could certainly be done though.
    What would making it longer do exactly?

I know wider will stabilize much more, but I'm unsure of longer. (I'm new into boating)

Traxxas Slash 4x4
    Traxxas Blast

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by panek33 View Post
    What would making it longer do exactly?

I know wider will stabilize much more, but I'm unsure of longer. (I'm new into boating)

Slow it down lol. Longer would help with rougher water as it could span waves that were further apart but most people run in almost perfectly still ponds and lakes so length wouldn't help. It would just add weight and drag, slowing it down.

RC Racer
    Im in the process of making my own boat. its going to be 36 inches, made out of tin and some 2 x 4's. Ill post some pics of what it looks like later (if im allowed). This would be my first build and i am always looking for some suggestions. Ill post some later!

RC Qualifier
    I stopped by Aeromarine (best RC boat builders in the world) and talked to the owner. I learned a lot from looking at their stuff. They seem to be only 2 layers of very tight weave glass, about an eighth inch of core mat, and one more layer of glass. I was thinking I'd have like 4, 5, or 6 layers but I definitely won't do that anymore. A big thing he said was that a scaled down version of a 1:1 simply doesn't work. You need the relatively flat bottom to run efficiently. That's about all I got out of that little field trip but it gave me a lot of hope and made me realize just how nice a Spartan is for it's price. Equivalent fiberglass stuff is like $1300 and it doesn't have the convenient radio tray.

RC Qualifier
    Man I would really like to have one of those hulls if you eventually finish one. My current hull is falling apart.