RC Competitor

Unnecessary brushless power

Stuff the brushless summit I went to a brushed 550 12 turn and it munches its a little beast I geared it right and it smashes the big summit especially around the track and over the jumps
    Anyone else reckon its a little unnecessary to have the velineon in it I put in my rustler vxl 3500 into my mini summit and it stripes rear diff spur and axle
    I since put the 12 turn Brushed in and have never broken anything mechanical ?
    3500kv velineon power

HSV CLUBSPORT BUILD#330

RC poster
    brushless will always be more efficient than brushed, why do you traxxas guys always just stick traxxas motors in your cars? Other brands fit too.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 08-07-2013 at 12:12 AM. Reason: CONTENT

RC Competitor
    It's called "what u have at the time"
    Since I had the rustler I just used that motor due to money haha
    Found it uncontrollable and a little useless for indoor use the brushed is just good alround don't get me wrong i live the brushless in my rustler but that's cause the car is of half descent size and can control a little easier 1/16 are def more for show

HSV CLUBSPORT BUILD#330

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by RavenLS1 View Post
    brushless will always be more efficient than brushed, why do you traxxas guys always just stick traxxas motors in your cars? Other brands fit too.
    To each their own. I would rather run a brushed system any day. I have no need it improve performance in any of my rigs I'm happy the way they are
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 08-07-2013 at 12:12 AM.

The necessity depends on what you want. I just like to have a bit more power than I normally use. It's a matter of taste.
    I also like the durablilty and less maintenance of brushless motors, but you will never hear me say that using a brushed combo is not good. To each their own indeed.
    Nobody is born with experience.

RC Qualifier
    to each there own, but as someone who ran brushed for many years and raced with brushed, brushed sucks, brushes wearing out, replacing brushes, burned commutators etc. Brushless motors last alot longer for me than brushed ever did.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by robl45 View Post
    to each there own, but as someone who ran brushed for many years and raced with brushed, brushed sucks, brushes wearing out, replacing brushes, burned commutators etc. Brushless motors last alot longer for me than brushed ever did.
    Hehe I have always had the opposite when I raced years and years ago with my trinity motors. Sure I had to change the brushes but I had it down to 5 min including a 3 min water break in. I never had issues with those things they were one tough motor and I abused them to the max by over gearing them and what ever else I could put them through. Over geared and pulling 2 kids around in a wagon = one hot motor. Hehe