RC poster

EZ-Peak Plus 6amp capacity cut off

Trying to figure out a good rule of thumb on what to set capacity cut off to. At first I figured just match it, 5800 for a 5800 2C battery, but after reading a bit into it, it says that if you set it exactly it may not charge fully. So, what should you set it to, or how much over should you set it to in order to get full charge? It seems strange that they enable a feature, basically tell you not to set it exactly, but not tell you what to set it at. Any help on the topic?
    Thanks!

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    I have mine turned completely off with my charger. I find there is no need for it... the charger monitors battery voltage for LiPo very closely which is what matters more than anything for LiPo.

It may be a useful setting for NiMh, but since I don't run NiMh I haven't looked into the setting any further... I just let the Delta peak determine full charge for my NiMh.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

None of my batteries (nimh and lipos) are more than 10000 mah, so that's what I set mine at.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh 1/18 Rally/Teton T-Maxx

RC poster
    Thanks, that is good to know. Off, and use Balance seems like the way to go. Another question on the topic, I have a 3C 6400 battery, but the charger only goes to 6AMP. I thought the rule of thumb is to % by 1000 (3300 bat = 3.3amp). Is this just a limitation of the "6amp" charger, and will it go to max capacity charge set at 6.0, instead of what I thought it should be 6.3amp?

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Yes, always always always balance charge!
    The LiPo scene used to be very risky until balance charging became possible and the suggested practice. Now, there are still some risks, but they are greatly reduced.

It will still fully charge the pack, it will just take longer.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.