RC poster

New Gravedigger Stampede

Just got a Gravedigger with 8.4v, 3000 7 stack. Just charging it with the provided charger. Intial charge was just over 8hrs, and lasted 20mins of bashing. LED was flashing red and battery was very hot. I'm new to the batter rc's used to run a revo 2.5 years ago. Curious if this is normal ( heat and flashing light ) when the battery gets low? Will this set-up always take 8hrs to recharge? If I leave in on charger after light turns green does it go into a trickle mode or does the battery need to be unplugged shortly after full charge? Any advice would be appreciated.

RC Qualifier
    I would advise picking up a smart charger such as the ez-peak (traxxas) charger or something along those lines because you will be much safer charging it and won't have to worry about over charging. The heat is normal for nimhs in my experience, with your charger it won't always take 8 hours just the first charge is the longest but it will still take quite a long time. My first charger for nimhs was the dynamite prophet sport charger. It's a good first one if your not looking for going to lipo (which eventually I did and needed a better charger) and can be bought for around $30... And I think the blinking red led is normal on the esc because that happens to me when running lipo and it goes into low voltage cutoff
    You ain't bashin unless your crashin!!

RC poster
    Cool thnx, Ya I ended up picking up a EZ peak 4 charger and a 8.4 5000MAH to have another battery, it only lasted 20mins of bashing, same as stock battery, kinda disappointed thought I would game some drive time.

RC Qualifier
    That's weird you should get much more run time with an extra 2000 mah but maybe it was because you drove harder? 20 mins on an Nimh isn't too bad either
    You ain't bashin unless your crashin!!

RC Enthusiast
    i have a max d and it runs for 20 mins after running full throttle and it does get hot but i seems normal