RC Racer

Gearing and speed on 2s?

Hi I was just wandering what gearing and speed you summit guys are getting with 2s lipos?I have some summit tyres for my merv.Thanks for any info.

RC Qualifier
    I don't have a speed gun, but the stock brushless summit on lipo is not exactly a speed demon. Judging from what I've read on speeds on the revo, this will be quite a bit slower.

RC Qualifier
    The stock gearing is 16/50. I would guess around 30 to 35 ish on stock gearing. I am running 18/50, it runs a little faster, and I have no heat issues. I run on dirt, short grass, and alot of pavement. You will have to gear down for sure or you will have heat issues, from stock merv gearing. I think if you were running pavement, and short speed runs, you would do ok with the higher gearing. I geared up to try and reduce some wheelies and back flips. On 2s the summit will not hardly keep the front end on the ground. Hope this helps.
    Rusty 2.5R,T-max 2.5 & 3.3,Summit VXL Nitro 4-tec

RC Competitor
    I run 19/50 on 2s and its plenty fast for me. It does get a little hot though with that gearing but so far so good

RC Racer
    Thanks for the reply's guys.30-35 isn't to bad.I don't need the crazy speed that you see in a lot of vids but I don't want it running around at 15mph.I have a 16 and 18th pinion and a 50 and 55th spur.I guess I will have to experiment a bit.I have my front window out to help with air flow.

RC Qualifier
    30-35 is a bit optimistic. I'd say 20-25 is closer to reality.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by robl45 View Post
    30-35 is a bit optimistic. I'd say 20-25 is closer to reality.
    I agree. We run 2 - 2500mah, 2s, lipos from SPC in parallel and I'm guessing 20 to 25 mph. Plenty fast for our use.
    "Better Old and Devious than Young and Exuberant"