RC poster

Revo Conversion Question

Hey all, I posted this in the truck section, but no replies.

I've had my Revo 2.5r since 2006 and want to go brushless. I've read pretty much every single thread on this topic on the interwebs and have one question: Why has no one created a motor mount that puts the motor above the rear shocks, so that there can be dual battery trays?

Seems like a pretty simple idea. I've seen a few conversions that completely re-designs the chassis and use an e-revo tranny in order to do this and it seems like an overkill.

Am I missing something?

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    your not looking hard enough LOL J/K here's my build thread.... http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...ild-(take-2)-)
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

RC poster
    I'm talking about a motor mount that goes over the rears shocks, not in the original engine location.

RC Competitor
    Actually, I've seen a interesting homemade conversion kit at a chinese rc forum.
    I think it is very neat. and it is a "middle" motor design, very close to what you were asking for. And I think it makes the CG much closer to the center of truck other than putting motor on top of the rear shocks. But the kit needs some modification so that it can make use of existing 8th scale center differentials.
    check this out.
    http://www.rcfans.com/forum.php?mod=...&extra=&page=1

Last edited by hfofhf; 08-02-2013 at 11:16 AM.

RC poster
    That's cool. but still a lot of fab work. I'm probably going to just get a e-revo tranny and chassis and do it that way. It's probably the cheapest and easiest way.