Thread: EZ Peak 4 amp

RC poster

EZ Peak 4 amp

Hello Guys

I have just bought a EZ Peak 4 amp in the state as well as a Stampede (the brushed NIMH version). However we live in Europe and I just aasumed this would work as well on 220V . Am I correct or do I need to ger worried and get another Charger.It would be great if one of you would be able to answer quickly so I can maybe get another charger it does not work on 220 v

Thanks

Ufly

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    From the picture here you can see what type of plug it has... does that work in your country?
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC poster
    Well the plug is not the problem , I can very easily get an adapter to it. However the voltage is another story , in europe we are in 220 v , in the states 110 volts. I did look everywhere I could, the box the charger itself etc......, nowhere can I find wether I will be able to use it or not. If someone knows the answer that would be great and possibly avoid my son to be so disappointed that we can't use the car I just bought.

Thnaks very much

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    I'd send Traxxas an email.
    I am not sure what the acceptable voltage is, I looked too. I also understand that there are adapters, but sometimes when you need to use an adapter the device doesn't accept what you are adapting it to.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Qualifier
    220v and 50hz right?
    The back of this charger maybe say the specs
    Another option is take a 220v power supply to DC12v (I am not sure) and connect it on the alligators...Maybe work
    The EZ-Peak is equally at home on the bench with AC power, or in the field with a DC power source.
    Sl4sh MM2
    T-Maxx 3.3
    Summit 1/10
    Sl2sh VXL

RC poster
    Thanks guys, I've e mailed Traxxas but no answer as yet. Will post the answer if I ever get one . Find it amazing they dont provide that information anywhere......