Thread: Want to dive in

RC poster

Want to dive in

OK a bit ago I posted asking about getting into the hobby. I started the process thinking slash but based on terrain (mostly grass at this time) I moved to monster trucks and started researching them

Fast forward and I almost pulled the trigger on an Invictus, went in to hobby town and realized for a first time RC guy I would want (not need I guess but really want) to quickly upgrade the battery to lipo and of course need the charger to go with it. Well getting them plus the truck started to get me wondering about the purchase, not because of the money but wondering for that price should I just look at the Stampede (better part support, more versital) with a lipo and charger with it.

Invictus would run around $375 or so with good charger and 2S battery (all from hobby town probably could save if I went all over). Seems I can get a Stampede vxl 4X4 with lipo charger and 2S for around $50 more give or take?

The Invictus looks like a great truck, but for a first time RC guy with nothing at all is it the value it seems? Clearly if I had batteries and a charger its a good deal, but given that the issued ones stink that's kind of pushing the price to where I'm not sure. Any advice would be great.

Welcome to the forum dude I am going to say the stampede 4x4 because its one of the toughest chassis out there and you can buy parts from any hobby shop and the aftermarket support is one of the best and so is traxxas customer service too dude.....peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

+1 to spenn

I've owned pretty much the entire Traxxas product line at one point or another (along with many other brands) and my all around favorite vehicle is the Stampede 4x4. In my opinion it's the perfect combo of size, weight, battery requirements, top speed, available hop ups (factory & aftermarket) and all around versatility.

RC Champion
    I would say go for the Stampede also, parts support will be better, and you will be able to get parts well into the future. Parts support for off brands can dry up rather quickly.
    My tranny case is stock :D

RC poster
    Dollar for dollar the Stampede 4x4 all day everyday

RC Racer
    Welcome to the forum and addiction! I cannot say enough about my Stampede, the versatility of the chassis, and upgrade options for this truck. One of the other considerations IS actually the Traxxas online community. I am certain the Invictus is a good truck and there is a following for it, but I doubt that it is as active and robust as this community!

RC Competitor
    +++ on the Stampede. I've had mine for about four months and there is a wealth of information on here about them. I've already done a lot of mods based on what Ive learned here and had a blast with mine so far. I don't think you can go wrong with one!

RC Competitor
    p4de is a very durable and reliable truck. i've enjoyed mine so much i bought a second one for my 4y/o to drive. install a RPM Wide Front Bumper and they are almost indestructible.
    p4de mmp2400 - stock p4de - wraith

RC Competitor
    Go with the Stampede, I ran my into a curb the other day with the rpm front bumper and all it did was suff the plastic. All around great truck to buy and lots of mods to do. Buy one and have fun.

RC Competitor
    STAMPEDE! perfect starter, and can be modded to the moon!

RC Competitor
    +1 on that brother

RC Champion
    +1 One of my all time favorites.