RC Qualifier

Which do you like best (Batteries)

From SPCRacing or nitrorcx.com.

I have a SPCRacing 6400 30C for my Pede and like it bunches. Never bought from nitrorcx. Wanted to get your thoughts

RC Racer
    SPC is the best in my experince so far, I have had traxxas and max amps and spc is the best for the price.

RC Champion
    SPC and Gens Ace are the best overall packs I've used.

RC Racer
    I have been really happy with the 2s & 3s batteries from Superior Matching Concepts (SMC)!

RC Qualifier
    sweet, Thanks!!

RC Qualifier
    SPC all day everyday lol

RC Qualifier
    Only drawback with SPC's is that if your looking for the bullet style connections to the pack, you wont find them with the SPC's. Otherwise they are pretty good packs.
    4WD MonsterMutt WPSC8:4Pole 3400kV | GOT DIRT?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by felixx4 View Post
    Only drawback ... if your looking for the bullet style connections to the pack, you wont find them with the .....
    Hmm, where to start and word this response properly?

Since this hobby is made up of people of varying ages and of those there are people with significant differences in RC experience and/or education levels; it is very difficult to offer a product such as a battery pack that is completely fool proof. Add in the very likely possibly of a person accidently mixing up the polarity when plugging-in the bullet style connections and ... well .... Letís just say not everyone wants to accept responsibility for their actions. They would rather try and blame their actions on the battery company with discussions that go something like this; "I didn't plug it in backwards, it just killed my ESC for no reason", or "It's not my fault, it's your fault for allowing the connectors to plug in reverse and I want you to pay for a new ESC or I will go in the internet and tell everyone how bad your customer service is", or "I am going to sue you because it should be impossible for a customer to make the product fail".

Sadly to then protect themselves, a company has to eliminate certain types of connections from a product line.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
    Hmm, where to start and word this response properly?

Since this hobby is made up of people of varying ages and of those there are people with significant differences in RC experience and/or education levels; it is very difficult to offer a product such as a battery pack that is completely fool proof. Add in the very likely possibly of a person accidently mixing up the polarity when plugging-in the bullet style connections and ... well .... Let’s just say not everyone wants to accept responsibility for their actions. They would rather try and blame their actions on the battery company with discussions that go something like this; "I didn't plug it in backwards, it just killed my ESC for no reason", or "It's not my fault, it's your fault for allowing the connectors to plug in reverse and I want you to pay for a new ESC or I will go in the internet and tell everyone how bad your customer service is", or "I am going to sue you because it should be impossible for a customer to make the product fail".

Sadly to then protect themselves, a company has to eliminate certain types of connections from a product line.

+1 Very well said Jakey!!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Very well said and exactly why I don't like bullet connectors. All it takes is one mistake to cause all sorts of damage... physical and wallet.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC poster
    I cant compare one with the other but i do have some Gens Ace 2s 5000mah 40c lipo's and Im super happy with them. Very soon i will be ordering some SPC'S just to see what I like better.

RC Qualifier
    SPC....... not only are the batteries awesome but the shipping is faaast and when u have a question...call them they will patiently answer...
    Stampede 4x4 VXL.......Slash Raptor 2wd

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    Spc all day. I had an issue with a brand new defective radio from hobbyparts(nitro rcx's sister site, same company) they basically laughed at me and told me to bug off. I will never order from them, or recommend them ever again.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

I want an spc 6500 65c 11.1v but I am not to sure how much it would cost to get to the uk........peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Champion
    For the past two years I have been using 7.4 volt, 2s, 5000 mah lipos from gravityhobbies.com. I found them at my lhs and have never heard of the company online or on the forums before. So far they have delivered great power and run times. I don't have any experience with any other lipo battery so I cannot compare performance, but they work great for me.
    Stampede 4x4
    Anza Slash VXL
    Rustler VXL