Thread: EZ-Peak Plus

RC Qualifier

Question EZ-Peak Plus

Wondering if anybody who has this can tell me what they think of about this charger. I'm going to give my EZ-peak 4 amps charger to one of my 2nd cousins as a gift. I heard he saw a nitro rc going down his street one day and now he's want's one . I'm going to surprise him something much more safer an electri Pede 2wd.

That means I'm stuck with my old-fashion wall charger when September comes by. Right now I mostly using NiMH batteries, but I'm going to try Lipo for my first Traxxas rc: my Bandit . I know it does almost all types of batteries which is nice, but is the temp sensor accessory is worth it as well.
    Did you say Traxxas?

Yes with or without lipos.

RC Champion
    I have 2 of them that i got real cheap on ebay. They were used, and after a year of owning both. I am satisfied with what they do. I like the storage mode for lipos. They are ok in my book. peace
    I'm not krazy. My mother had me tested.

Are you talking about the Traxxas EZ Peak Plus 6 amp? If so, I love mine. I've had mine for 7 months, no issues yet except for a squeaky fan. I have the duel 2s lipo charger adapter, and the temp sensor, and I love'm both. The temp sensor even stopped one of my nimh's from over charging when I forgot I had it set at 6 amps, not 3 amps.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh 1/18 Rally/Teton T-Maxx

RC Qualifier
    Love mine, never had any temp issues ( balance charge at a reasonable rate batts dont even get warm to touch ) I have the dual 2s adapter, great charger.

RC Qualifier
    almost got a "cheaper" charger then realised they only go up to 3s batteries, traxxas is teh way to go.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    The temp sensor even stopped one of my nimh's from over charging when I forgot I had it set at 6 amps, not 3 amps.
    Is it better to charge a nimh battery at 3 amps rather than 4 amps like my EZ-Peak and the new 5 amps EZ-Peak charger?
    Did you say Traxxas?

Is it better to charge a nimh battery at 3 amps rather than 4 amps like my EZ-Peak and the new 5 amps EZ-Peak charger?
    Yep. On the battery label it says: "For quickest charge time, charge at 4 amps. For longest run time and battery life charge at 3 amps."

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    Yep. On the battery label it says: "For quickest charge time, charge at 4 amps. For longest run time and battery life charge at 3 amps."
    So if charging at 3 amps, is the EZ-Peak Plus charge time basically the same as my wall charger or is it slightly faster?
    Did you say Traxxas?

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Depends on what the wall charger you had put out.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

So if charging at 3 amps, is the EZ-Peak Plus charge time basically the same as my wall charger or is it slightly faster?
    I think the output of the stock wall charger is something like, 0.5 amps. The EZ Peak Plus should be much quicker.

RC Qualifier
    Ok , I was curious thought my wall charger was 3 amps after I read the battery label and this is not the first time I read the label. Still new here and I can't believe its not a year yet since I got into this hobby. It said on my wall charger it takes 8 hours to charge a 3000mah.

I currently got 4 of those and I'm glad got the EZ-Peak 4 amps before I got my E-Maxx. If I did't it will be a pain, but amps for the charger that came with it maybe different, though I have't used it yet and never will. It has been fun using my 4 amps charger, but its time to move on and pass it down to my cousin. My cousin is going to like his Pede XL-5 I order him.
    Did you say Traxxas?