RC Qualifier

sway bar kit with big block?

Just looking for a little insight on a sway bar kit and a big block. I need to tighten up my suspension and I think it should fit fine. Does anyone use them for their big block setups?

RC Champion
    I don't think that the rear kit will clear the motor.
    --
    "Dude,I almost had you"
    R.I.P Paul Walker

RC Qualifier
    I might get it it to try. I just put on a new 33t pinion and it raised the motor up off the shocks. What do you do to stiffen up the suspension?

RC Champion
    stiffer springs will help
    --
    "Dude,I almost had you"
    R.I.P Paul Walker

RC Qualifier
    I'm not good with the color and spring rates. Is there a chart or something that tells the stiffest and color?

RC Racer
    I couldn't get the rear sways to fit with a big block so I ran purple springs in the rear and the sway bars in the front and it worked out great

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by RadReptiles831 View Post
    I might get it it to try. I just put on a new 33t pinion and it raised the motor up off the shocks. What do you do to stiffen up the suspension?
    Maybe adding washers on the shock shaft to limit the amount of droop you get will help just a thought.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Schs2013 View Post
    Maybe adding washers on the shock shaft to limit the amount of droop you get will help just a thought.
    Got pics of your setup?

RC Competitor
    no pictures, but i added washer to the inside on the shock shaft and one on the bottom of the shock in the link this will show you a rough idea of what i did (link is for 1/10 slash shocks but same idea applies to 1/16's) http://www.jconcepts.net/store/index...roducts_id=715

picture is at bottom corner of link
    Last edited by Schs2013; 09-11-2013 at 08:33 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks Schc2013 i just ordered some rally shock limiters so hopefully that helps. Plus i added 2k diff fluid to the shocks.

RC Competitor
    I hope it helps you as much as its helped me. my friend said the biggest thing is that you need to work with your shocks and hisMerv can out race a stock touring car at half throttle. so that's why im sharing the info and i will eventually get pictures up for anyone else trying g to get better performance from their 1/16 i may also do it for 1/10. just got to rebuild my shocks before that can happen.

Hope this helps

RC Competitor
    I started by adding stiffer springs 3.2 1/16 summit spring shocks set as stock i will have a picture up soon,
    Oh and adj toe links and pushrods on the way this will take alot of steering slop out.
    Just got (4)TRX7067 rally damper set this should remove droop pictures when all parts are in.
    Going to get diff oil for F/R 50K and center 120K lots of power to the wheels.