RC Qualifier

Transmission Screws

I can't seem to figure out which Traxxas Screws are needed to bolt the transmission on my new FLM Chassis ?

RC Qualifier
    TRA 2552, 3mm x 12mm CCS. It's on the Chasis Assembly drawing.

RC Qualifier
    Thank You !

RC Qualifier
    I don't think those are the right screws

RC Champion
    Im pretty shore there 4mm. Some 4mm cap head screws will work fine.

RC Qualifier
    Hold on Usman, I think Emax may be right. 4mm makes more sense than 3mm. I'll take another peek at my book...I keep it handy.

I looked at my book and traxxas parts website, and it looks like there is a miss-print in both, the book and on the Traxxas parts site. I did find it, though. The P/N is:TRA3937, and it is almost as Emax sez. It's a 4mm x 12mm button-head screw, and you get six in a pack.
    Last edited by ReglarDude; 07-28-2013 at 10:34 AM.

RC Qualifier
    o yeah my friend

RC Qualifier
    Could someone also post a picture of their Traxxas Link Reciver box with all the wires plugged in, I just want to make sure I do it right , The ESC goes into Channel 5 with the brown wire closest to the left?

RC Champion
    I could take a pic but you wouldn't be able to figure it out by looking at it. Ive got mine like this.
    and Somebody correct me if im wrong but pretty shore this is how it goes.

1 - Glitchbuster or second servo
    1 - servo
    2 - esc
    3 - esc fan
    4 - motor fan
    5 - empty
    It doesn't have to be exactly like this but the servo has to go in one of the #1 slots, and the esc has to go to the #2 slot.
    And yes the brown wire goes to the drivers side.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks, I went to my local HobbyTown and got me 2 sets of TRA4859 and a TRA3937 and I'm good to go! I appreciate the help!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    ch 1 is always steering
    ch2 is for the esc not ch5.

The receiver should have a - or + , on top of the slot bay. the brown wire from the esc goes to the negative side.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks, as I'm building my Emaxx I'm running into two issues at the moment:
    1.) There is a little bit of play in the Transmission- The Spur Gear has play in and out a little bit slightly. How do I get rid of that? The picture shows how I can grab the spur gear and move it in and out slightly from the transmission:

2.) With the FLM 10900 Chassis and stock 2075 servos hooked up with a stock Bellcrank, I'm finding that the driver side servo's link to the bell crank ( the little assembly ) is crocked/slanted, and I feel as though it should be straight, somebody please correct me if i'm wrong...should the link be perfectly parallel and not slanted? If so, how to I fix this problem. Also based on the pics does it look like I'm missing something or need to do something different?

RC Qualifier
    I'm also shopping for new wheels to go along with my ProLine Road Rage 3.8 1177-11 tires. What are some of the best rims to go along with these tires? The more suggestions the better. I used to have these tires mounted stock onto the 1/2" offset Desparados and would like a similar offset setup for a wider stance.

RC Qualifier
    Also, does anyone know where I can get an extension for my Castle Creations Mamba Monster ESC wire that goes into my receiver? Where I'm planting my ESC, the wire isn't long enough, same goes with my Motor Fan