RC Enthusiast

Question Hey everyone its me again im having engine troubles out the butt t

hey here is the deal i took my motor out of the truck to rebuild it and clean it and all that good stuff. After i have it all back together the truck will not run at all. the only time it will stay running is if i could it off the ground and hold the starter on and rev it real high but then still dies. I then changed the car on it because i didnt think it was getting fuel. So now i have the same problem. I have all the carb set to factory now and it makes no diff. The only time it looks like fuel is flowing is when i hold the pipe shut to prime it and when it starts its just blowing full out the air box. The only difference is that i bought the exhaust that is the spring one because i broke 6 of the other type. Could this be a problem? i even changed out fuel tank and all the tubing. Any ideas at all? im thinking its a leak in the exhaust but that still shouldn't kill the motor bc i drove with broken exhaust by mistake. Let me know im going to try and post a youtube video at some point. Oh and the motor has all new rings in it so everything if new. plz help!

Lol, it sounds like you put the piston in backwards. I did the exact same thing, don't feel bad.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    Lol, it sounds like you put the piston in backwards. I did the exact same thing, don't feel bad.
    OR the oil hole on the conrod is not facing the same direction as the cutout of the piston... It will cause a good amount of tuning fun as well...

Guess you need to pull that motor and check it out... Oh, and you are not the only one this has happened to..

Guilty as charged.
    Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous