RC Racer

looking for a heat sink fan.....

I put a traxxas fan on my esc, now i am looking for a heat sink for my motor. just wondering which one or which brand you guys recommend. and if you have part numbers that would be great! does traxxas make one? I was looking at integy fans, but not sure which one will fit my pede. And the dual one looks cool

RC Racer
    This is a cheap fan but it works pretty good.
    http://www.integy.com/st_sresults.html
    Scroll down until you find the part# T8635RED or T8635SILVER

RC Qualifier
    I have the hobbywing large fan but it will need a bit of modification on your end which isn't much work.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hobbywing-36...item1e7caf286b

Last edited by jtalaue; 07-25-2013 at 09:38 PM.

RC Racer
    Is there one that is a direct fit without modifications??

RC Qualifier
    Yes there is the smaller ones like

http://www.hot-racing.com/index.cgi?c=603

scroll to the bottom and take your pick on the color and you can even find other brands that have two fans on them with your stock 3500 vileneon motor.

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    I have had both traxxas esc, and integy motor fans. The integy motor fan lasted a long time in harsh conditions (keep in mind I had only 1 sample).

Since I have gotten the 3 mmp's, I am happy to say the mmp fan will stand up to those dry,super dusty,as well as humid conditions without fail. Just be ready to blow it out with compressed air very often.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Qualifier

twin motor fans for p4de

i use something similar to this on my P4DE vxl and its been decent so far. The heatsink is efficient and the fans on this one look even better than the ones on mine, but to be honest mine works better than I expected... Im really not a huge fan of integy parts as it is well known that they use cheaper alloys in their products, but in this case its beneficial as you can tweak the heatsink a little here and there to fit it perfectly to your can.. The heatsink works well at pulling the heat off the motor. and the fans are set in a push system blowing air through the heatsink and over the motor. Heat is the enemy and every little bit helps. Two fans are better than one, also this heatsink leaves enough room for you to still mount your temperature sensor to the top of the can without having to modify it at all. I have been running mine in extremely dusty environments now for a good couple months and it still works no problems at all. I do clean them as best i can, but its good to know that replacement fans are cheap... like pocket change cheap...

http://www.integy.com/st_prod.html?p...8#.UfIMltKsjTo

Last edited by T4KT1KZ; 07-26-2013 at 01:20 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by T4KT1KZ View Post
    i use something similar to this on my P4DE vxl and its been decent so far. The heatsink is efficient and the fans on this one look even better than the ones on mine, but to be honest mine works better than I expected... Im really not a huge fan of integy parts as it is well known that they use cheaper alloys in their products, but in this case its beneficial as you can tweak the heatsink a little here and there to fit it perfectly to your can.. The heatsink works well at pulling the heat off the motor. and the fans are set in a push system blowing air through the heatsink and over the motor. Heat is the enemy and every little bit helps. Two fans are better than one, also this heatsink leaves enough room for you to still mount your temperature sensor to the top of the can without having to modify it at all. I have been running mine in extremely dusty environments now for a good couple months and it still works no problems at all. I do clean them as best i can, but its good to know that replacement fans are cheap... like pocket change cheap...

http://www.integy.com/st_prod.html?p...8#.UfIMltKsjTo

It may look better but the one you linked doesn't have a fan guard by the looks of JT.

If you get one with no fan cover you can make one out of a thin wire mesh that you could pick up from a hardware store that's what I did and I used it for the cut out vent in my front windshield too for extra cooling .......peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Qualifier
    Ok so here's the link to my exact fans w/ the guards on them.. To be to totally honest the guards just stop you from being able to pull out the twigs and crap that may get sucked into them.. couple times now i've had to take the fan guards off to pull out a little stick that is caught between the guard and the fan blade buzzzzzzzing away..
    keep that in mind anyway... i don't see not having guards being a negative really but to each their own..

http://www.integy.com/st_prod.html?p...8#.UfK_HNKsjTo

RC Qualifier
    I'm not saying it's negative by not having a guard or having one on I just wanted to point out the differences.

RC Champion
    I use the integy dual fan for one year now without any issues. I resoldered a new connector so i can run it directly from my 2s lipo balancer port.

I also built some kind of cage to protect the fans:

A little bit of thermal paste is useful

Last edited by soundmaster; 07-26-2013 at 04:10 PM.

RC Qualifier
    I also use the one that Jtalaue uses. It works really, really well at keeping temps down on the motor. Heres a link for the mod on the heat sink itself. It is really easy to do with a dremel and proper cutting disc. + the heatsink wraps around the whole motor (at least whats visible) and is also the whole length of the motor.

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...a-heatsink-fan

I just dont understand why traxxas hasn't come out with their own fan and heatsink for the velineon motor. Don't they see there is a big demand for them.

Quote Originally Posted by soundmaster View Post
    I use the integy dual fan for one year now without any issues. I resoldered a new connector so i can run it directly from my 2s lipo balancer port.

I also built some kind of cage to protect the fans:

A little bit of thermal paste is useful Dude that's the same mesh I used for my fan's and it works a treat at keeping the twig's out and I may put a fan on my tenshock and try a 19t pinion just to see how fast it could go......peace out

Dude that's the same mesh I used for my fan's and it works a treat at keeping the twig's out and I may put a fan on my tenshock and try a 19t pinion just to see how fast it could go......peace out
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Qualifier

Look at this cooling solution!!!!!!!!

I really wish I had stumbled across this sooner... Still gonna have to get it... Looks soo awesome..Belt driven so it draws no power off the batteries... no fans to burn out... very innovative.. Does anyone have anything to say about RB innovations? never heard of em till today. One of the videos on their site shows a comparison with and without the blower.. 144 without... to 104 with... a 40 degree temperature drop over stock... very impressive..

Click Here and prepare to pick your jaw up off the floor...

Click the picture to see more photos of it and how it works.. also there is a video if you look into it..

LOL.
    Last edited by T4KT1KZ; 07-31-2013 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by T4KT1KZ View Post
    I really wish I had stumbled across this sooner... Still gonna have to get it... Looks soo awesome..Belt driven so it draws no power off the batteries... no fans to burn out... very innovative.. Does anyone have anything to say about RB innovations? never heard of em till today. One of the videos on their site shows a comparison with and without the blower.. 144 without... to 104 with... a 40 degree temperature drop over stock... very impressive..

Click Here and prepare to pick your jaw up off the floor...

Click the picture to see more photos of it and how it works.. also there is a video if you look into it..

LOL.
    Says it wont fit the Stampede/Slash 4x4.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Qualifier
    Features
    Kit will bolt onto any drop in Motor
    Blower kit includes:
    Assembled Blower Unit
    Automotive styled induction scoop
    1 drive belt
    Aluminum Mounting Bracket
    Hardware to install to motor
    Blower system specifically designed for all Traxxas products - E-Revo, E-maxx, Summit, Will not fit Stampede 4X4VXL or Slash 4X4

RC Qualifier
    Vid shows running with body on one, and no body and fan on the other. Not exactly fair. Big difference running without a body alone.

RC Qualifier
    they ran tests both without the body.. sucks its nots for stampede... could problably modify it somehow.. lol

RC Champion
    Pretty cool stuff. Here is an installation video on the E-Revo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tP6iCBtIIM