RC Competitor

2s or 3s lipo for stampede 4x4 vxl

so i am getting a 'pede 4x4 vxl tomorrow, and i wanted to know what would be better to run with this truck 2s or 3s. also, i am very new to this hobby! also what would i have to upgrade when running 23/3s or just rpm as it breaks. also, what are good batteries? i have a thunder ac680 charger.

i got the 'pede on ebay for $315 (like new) but it comes with the 3000 mah nimh :/

i am kinda on a budget but not to much lol i am only 15 so ya also are proline trenchers a good buy?

RC Qualifier
    I suggest you stick with 2S on your stock Pede for now until you see how your driving style is with your stepup and really go from there. If you decide to run 3S you might need to upgrade to steel CDV axles (expensive but worth it) either tekno or MIPS and the rest upgrade as they break. Oh I forgot also upgrade to steel pads for your slipper clutch and the aluminum bearing adapter that attaches to the slippery clutch shaft.

FYI: I've heard people using 3S not upgrading the center drive shaft (http://buy.traxxas.com/product_info....oducts_id=9169) because of doing some adjustment on how tight/lose your slippery clutch is.

TRA6893
    http://buy.traxxas.com/product_info....oducts_id=9351

TRA5351
    http://buy.traxxas.com/default.php?c...91_18503_18461

TRA5352R
    http://buy.traxxas.com/product_info....oducts_id=7827

And yes the proline trenchers are a good buy along with the mashers.
    Last edited by jtalaue; 07-25-2013 at 07:21 PM.

I like running 2s, you can run in the 40-45 mph range all day long and that is where I find I have the most fun. It is easier on parts and has less heat issues than 3s. After you wear out a 2s pack and need a new battery you can decide if you want to step up to 3s and will have more experience and be a better drive so yhou should be capable of handling the 3s better then than you might be now.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

I am with dad I have more 2s than 3s and 2s are more of a all rounded pack because then I run my 3s I need lots of space to play.Waya7 welcome to the forum and the addiction one thing to get soon would be the aluminium bearing adapter. traxxas part number 6893x..........peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Competitor
    2s for now is fine. You should not have to pay more than $30 for a good pack. Buy at least 3, so you can keep running. Gforce lipos from valuehobby work really well. Jang from URC did a review on youtube, check it out.

RC Racer
    Definitely get you a s battery, I will be getting one soon and also, you NEED to get you some Trenchers. Don't buy them with the rim, buy them without, the tire fits on the stock rim. Welcome to the forum.

And just remember that trenchers have a lot more grip than the talons so you have to get use to awesome wheelies ....peace

RC Racer
    Thats only on concrete or compacted dirt.

And sand and snow as well.I just think they are so much better than the talons by miles and they last for ages......peace

RC Competitor
    I run a 3s all day but it is a 20c 4000mah (kidda small battery). It doesnt have the punch or power that my onxy 5000mah 25c that I run in my rustler. I get a fan for it intergy single fan. The only probs I have are The plastic axles oval themselfs out in about 2 mouths then I have to get new ones
    Yep still not fast enough. :)

RC poster
    I like useing 2s but must of the guys I run with are useing 3s. It's really up to you and your wallet.

RC Qualifier
    3s and hardly ever 2s. It awesome. Just learn throttle control.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    And sand and snow as well.I just think they are so much better than the talons by miles and they last for ages......peace
    Even if trenchers pop wheelies on sand and dirt, I still love 'em!

I have got to try out my dirt hawg 2.8" soon and will give you guys a heads up.......peace