RC poster

What are the ways to clean/ break in a titian 12t 550 motor

Hi guys,

I'm still learning about my MJ 2wd Stampede. I need some help to know what is a good way to clean out a
    Titian 12t 550 motor. I've seen water cleaning method and just spraying it out with electric motor cleaner.
    If I try the water cleaning dunk in method, how long should I leave it in for? If I try the electric motor
    cleaner, what brand name should I get? Can I get a can at Advance Auto Parts or Auto Zone stores?

Thank you for your replies!

RC Qualifier
    There are a few good videos on YouTube covering this.

RC Racer
    This one was pretty helpful for me. I now use the water break in method every time...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mD3nW...1vQIQ&index=11

RC Champion
    About 15 minutes to 20 minutes is alright. You will feel the difference after a good break in.
    I have made my own video too but it is not elaborate as some on you tube
    my water break in method
    Last edited by Jezza; 07-26-2013 at 08:14 AM.
    Live life to the fullest

RC Champion
    depends what you are doing. I really do not recommend the water break in for these non repairable motors as it does cause the brushes to wear faster. But you will get mixed opinions on that. When i used to run brushed motors years ago i would run it for 3-5 min and pull the brushes and then would be perfectly seated. Anymore time than that and you are just shortening the live drastically.i find teh best and easiest way to break in the motor is put it in training mode and run a pack through.
    For cleaning any electrical contact cleaner will work fine. i usually give a couple of quick squirts let it dry and then give a shot of lube on rear bushing. if your running in muddy dusty conditions once and a while it will not hurt to pull the motor pop it in a glass of water. give it a couple shots of power change out the dirty water and repeat you only need to give it about a 3 second burst. Usually i change out the water 2x and all is good. let the motor dry and lube front and rear bushings

RC poster
    I mostly run on cemment and on my small stones driveway. I can pick up some dust from the rocky driveway.
    Sometimes I go on a baseball field, but been staying away, just because of the dirt, and that I don't know how to clean the motor out correctly after running. Now I have some derections on what to do. Thank You very much for your reply!

RC poster
    Thank you for your reply!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Crock View Post
    i find teh best and easiest way to break in the motor is put it in training mode and run a pack through.
    I was thinking of putting it in training mode to break it in for one of my cousins. I'm giving him a Pede for his birthday in September. I thought of breaking it in at my grandpa's driveway as my is nothing but gravel so I can keep it nice until he get its it dirty when he is driving it. That way his parents won't have to worry about breaking it in.
    Did you say Traxxas?

Yes with or without lipos.

My advice is to clean and lube it after every bash session and don't let it get too hot.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...